Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We're way off topic here folks, let's get back on track yes? Vita related discussion from here on out please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Europe is getting two new Vita bundles in September and October.

'PS Vita Hits Mega Pack' due out in September. Includes the system, 8GB memory card and a download voucher for Uncharted, Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet and When Vikings Attack.

'PS Vita LEGO Action Heroes Mega Pack', which is due out in October. System, 8GB card and a download voucher for various Lego games.

As with all Mega Packs, there are two bundle options:

The memory card bundle (€39.99 RRP) – comes with an 8GB memory card and a PlayStation Store voucher code so you can download all the games in the pack.

The PS Vita + memory card bundle (€199.99 RRP) – includes an 8GB memory card and a voucher code for the games, as well as an all-important PS Vita system to play them on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any major updates coming for vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any major updates coming for vita?

It is possible for something to be announced at the TGS, otherwise just more stability on the horizon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone remember the name of the game where you would set up your own festivals for the vita, I dont think it ever got released in the end.

EDIT: Its called Big Fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does anyone remember the name of the game where you would set up your own festivals for the vita, I dont think it ever got released in the end.

Ya it was called Big Fest. Coming to PS4 too but you're right, we haven't heard anything in a while.

Today I found that I had a backup of my vita on my old laptop so I was able to get an FF9 save which is 9 hours in and on Disc 2. I remember I was on disc 3 but this is better than nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Xenji wrote: »
    It is possible for something to be announced at the TGS, otherwise just more stability on the horizon.

I really really want a Vita with HDMI out. That mystery port on the OG is rumoured to have been video out. But I can't see a 3000 coming out at all. Pity. I have a Vita TV, thought it would serve as a replacement but it really doesn't. No headphone jack. Doesn't recognize my bluetooth headphones which two vitas of mine did with no issue. Doesn't support all games. Doesn't have the same options Vita does when it comes to emulation. 1080i only too, more of an issue for streaming though. A big let down.

EDIT: Well I guess this shows what the mystery port was. Weird that I just came across this.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1100151

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got a Vita from ebay, so time to mess around with the new toy. Came with 16GB card and some games both physical and digital. Now to make my way through the big backlog of Plus games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got a Vita from ebay, so time to mess around with the new toy. Came with 16GB card and some games both physical and digital. Now to make my way through the big backlog of Plus games. :)

Don't start with Rainbow Moon, it'll take you weeks to finish!

I'm really enjoying my Vita!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now to make my way through the big backlog of Plus games. :)

The true beauty of a service. Bought a PS4 two weeks ago. Massive backlog already lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm sorta disillusioned with the store right now. I wish there was a filter I where I could untick JRPGS. I'm sure Nobunga Tashika 5: Let's Run For Shadow Love or whatever cringey names they're called, are all fantastic, it just seems to be hard to wade through them to find stuff that interests me. I know that scene is keeping the Vita alive and all, I just maybe need to search places outside the store. Also, I did skip Tearaway, so maybe I'll pick that up.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm sorta disillusioned with the store right now. I wish there was a filter I where I could untick JRPGS.

0 results :P

Tearaway is good but way overlong.

Yeah, there'd be about 4 games left, but it'd make it easier to navigate :) I see on Amazon, there's a new Earth Defense Force on the way, so that makes me happy.

• Got the Vita version of RE Revelations 2

Frame rate isn't great... :/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Got the Vita version of RE Revelations 2

Yeah no surprises there.

Got the Vita version of RE Revelations 2

I'm assuming you didn't play the PS3/4 version to compare? I was thinking of getting it on Vita but I saw some videos and wasn't really impressed.

Digital Foundry did a PS4 version of RE:R 2 video M!ck. 60 fps locked. After Borderlands it was always expected to port poorly.

• tok9 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you didn't play the PS3/4 version to compare? I was thinking of getting it on Vita but I saw some videos and wasn't really impressed.

I have the Xbox 1 version, which is flawless in comparison to the vita

I have the Xbox 1 version, which is flawless in comparison to the vita

Also 60fps lock, after that patch they rolled out.

Titan Souls is €6 with PS+ at the moment. I think I'll finally have to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Haznat

I'm strongly considering buying a vita. I'm not seeing much stock never mind any decent looking deals online. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haznat wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering buying a vita. I'm not seeing much stock never mind any decent looking deals online. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

I'd say buy a second hand one from adverts or something similar and make sure it's the first generation and not the updated one which has a much worse screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Turn-based strategy game XCOM is coming out on Vita, according to a rating board.

The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) lists Firaxis' XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus for the PlayStation handheld with a "Mature" rating. As ever, ESRB game descriptions deliver. Here's the one for XCOM:

If an alien "implants" an egg into a dead human, the character will eventually explode amid additional gibbing effects. Some scenes depict dead or dying soldiers whose bodies are burned or mutilated. The words "f**k," "sh*t," and "a*shole" can be heard in the dialogue.
    That's all we have for now, so we don't know whether Plus is a port of the main Enemy Unknown game or the mobile version. Either way, XCOM seems well-suited to Vita.

An announcement could be set for Paris Games Week in October, during which Sony will hold a PlayStation press conference.

It's busy times for the world of XCOM. Firaxis is busy building XCOM 2, due out on PC early 2016. Check out Chris Bratt's video on base building below.

Please happen PLEASE!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm considering getting rid of my Vita at this stage (not a sales pitch!). I havn't picked it up in ages and there is nothing drawing me to play it at the moment. Finding time is tricky as well!

I'm going to try give it a bash this weekend, anyone recommend any freebies or cheap games to try get the fun back for me.
    Driving game maybe? Have Need For Speed and that's probably what I've played most on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I was flipping through my trophy list earlier and noticed I'm only one trophy away for getting everything in Super Stardust Delta..... 'Hot Roller'.

Is this hard to get?
    Also, is there no platinum?

Finished Castelvania: SOTN in the Dracula X version.

Finished is probably a loose term as I'm sure there is a tonne more to do like unlocking characters etc. However I did play-through the whole thing (beyond the 100% stage) and it's a lot of fun. Really enjoyed it.

I can definitely see the similarities between this and the Souls series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you got to the second castle you've seen pretty much everything. The two other characters are fun to play through and doing a low stat, high luck run with the secret code is great fun but not essential really.

I actually think Dark Souls is more like the older linear castlevania's. The combat is slow, measured and precise and the enemies go down quick but need to the approached carefully in both games, they have the same pace. The Souls games are better Castlevanias than the Lords of Shadows games :)

I finally settled on Freedom Wars as the game to keep me busy, despite my reluctance to go near anything JRPG related, this has enough action between the mundane waffle. I just treat the chat scenes as a quicktime event where I have to mash x to not get bored to death. Great controls, liking it so far.

• Grayditch wrote: »
    I finally settled on Freedom Wars as the game to keep me busy, despite my reluctance to go near anything JRPG related, this has enough action between the mundane waffle. I just treat the chat scenes as a quicktime event where I have to mash x to not get bored to death. Great controls, liking it so far.

Gameplay is great and yes I do the exact same with cutscenes.

I've only played a couple of hours as of yet.

Controls can be a bit fiddlly though.

• Advertisement

Have to say that I really like Freedom Wars, the story is a little crap and many of the dialogue scenes are woeful but combat is well handled and best of all it's fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement