Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Controls can be a bit fiddlly though.

I think for the Vita, it's probably close to the best they could get. I thought that about Gravity Rush until I got used to them.

If the cut scenes and terrible dialogue continue, I'll pick one of these up and just lay the vita down until it stops being a friend sim and is ready to be a game again.

31vjST01xEL._SY300_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Freedom Wars gets very repetitive later on. I found the missions were taking forever also. Maybe I was under-powered but the weapon upgrades require a lot of grinding, and I don't normally mind grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The maps all seem very small at the start, I presume they get bigger/more interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

penev10 wrote: »
    Freedom Wars gets very repetitive later on. I found the missions were taking forever also. Maybe I was under-powered but the weapon upgrades require a lot of grinding, and I don't normally mind grinding.

The grind is actually part of the game, if your not willing to do it you are gonna find it tough going, took me the best part of 90 hours to finish the game.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    The maps all seem very small at the start, I presume they get bigger/more interesting?

For the most part the maps are fairly bland with zone changes like nature based ones and industrial ones, the sizes do get bigger as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't played freedom Wars in ages but I remember liking it. I get the feeling that you'd need a squad to do well in the late game.

After beating SOTN I decided to give Muramasa Rebirth another chance so on the flight back I put a solid hour into it and I have to say I enjoyed what I've played now. Gonna stick with it.

The art is very pretty in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Stealth Inc 2: Game of Clones is keeping me busy these days. Fun and Frusterating all in one. I think it is this months PS+ game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Best place online to get the different colour variants of the Vita? Really like the yellow and red versions.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Best place online to get the different colour variants of the Vita? Really like the yellow and red versions.

Play-Asia have them for E168, you would be waiting anywhere from 2 week to two months to get it though, VGP have them for E180 but they are currently out of stock and Nin-Nin-Games have them for E166 but have never used them, although people on Neogaf like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

Love my Vita. Great mix of new and classic games. Even the internet browser is decent-ish.

Currently have Wipeout 2048, Wipeout Pulse, Wipeout Pure, Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, Tekken 1 2 & 6, Virtua Tennis 4, Ridge Racer Ultimate Edition, Chaos Rings, Final Fantasy I-IV, VII, VIII, IX, and just downloaded Tomb Raider Anniversary (€3!). Oh, and Paint Park Plus. Also 100%ed Welcome Park.

I keep my GBA Micro for Final Fantasy V and VI... they load much faster on it.

I hope this new generation of gamers start to realize the advantages of physical controls over just a touchscreen so that there continue to be devices like a Vita...

Currently got a 32GB card, may have to import a 64 at some stage. Still might buy Final Fantasy X & X-2, and Dynasty Warriors NEXT and 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is €199.00 the best price around for the Lego Pack PS Vita?

• Advertisement

Oh my, had a look at Smyths and Argos and both OUT OF STOCK !!! Anyone know where I'd get the Lego bundle?

you could try amazon...

V expensive on Amazon

yeah, i actually checked and noticed that after. it looks like that bundle may have been discontinued, your only option may be to buy a vita and the lego games separately.

just one more thing - Sony have recently announced colour variations of the Vita in the U.S. and Japan. They may be released in Europe too (no-one really knows apart from Sony). At that stage they may start re-issuing bundles, plus you would get more choice of colours, so it might be worth waiting. Hope this helps.

Just going to quote an old post of mine as regards bundles, the old ones have all been discontinued since the new model was released and will not be coming back, these will be the new ones, with more being added in December.
    'PS Vita Hits Mega Pack' due out in September. Includes the system, 8GB memory card and a download voucher for Uncharted, Tearaway, LittleBigPlanet and When Vikings Attack.

'PS Vita LEGO Action Heroes Mega Pack', which is due out in October. System, 8GB card and a download voucher for various Lego games.

As with all Mega Packs, there are two bundle options:

The memory card bundle (€39.99 RRP) – comes with an 8GB memory card and a PlayStation Store voucher code so you can download all the games in the pack.

The PS Vita + memory card bundle (€199.99 RRP) – includes an 8GB memory card and a voucher code for the games, as well as an all-important PS Vita system to play them on.

So will the new Lego one be 199.99? And what will it come with? Thanks for help

Ps what are bundle options? Do you mean the memory card bundle is 39.99 and it's everything without the console ?

Any difference between slim and not slim? Or is the slim one just newer? Sorry, as you can tell I know jack **** about these things

vicwatson wrote: »
    So will the new Lego one be 199.99? And what will it come with? Thanks for help

Ps what are bundle options? Do you mean the memory card bundle is 39.99 and it's everything without the console ?

You will get the console, Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, The Lego Movie Videogame and Lego The Hobbit and it should be 199.99 or cheaper, worth checking around the 4 Amazon sites as the prices can differ quite a bit.

Yeah the memory card bundle is a stand alone package without the console.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    Any difference between slim and not slim? Or is the slim one just newer? Sorry, as you can tell I know jack **** about these things

The old model has a far better screen being OLED, the new model has an LCD screen, but the battery life is better on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Need some help. Trying to move save data from one card to another but cant find it anywhere on the content manager, all I get is save data for psp and ps1 games. Where would the vita data be?

• Advertisement

Need some help. Trying to move save data from one card to another but cant find it anywhere on the content manager, all I get is save data for psp and ps1 games. Where would the vita data be?

Copy it to the online storage and then copy it from there to the new card.

Sound I'll try that, although I think it said something about wiping it when I put in the new card :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

AFAIR, the save data for Vita games is tied to the game file itself. So if you move the game, the saves are included.

Damn, i redownloaded the games I owned. So that's 20 hours of Persona 4 lost then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Damn, i redownloaded the games I owned. So that's 20 hours of Persona 4 lost then.

I don't know if it's too late but you can upload the original save data if you have PS Plus and then download it when you open the game. That's if you haven't got rid of the original information yet.

AFAIR, the save data for Vita games is tied to the game file itself. So if you move the game, the saves are included.

pretty sure this isn't true. I've copied from a 16GB to a 32GB card no problem. The Persona save should be fine.

Also I downloaded Wipeout 2048 and was able to use the save that I had with the cartridge.

If you don't have PS Plus, you have to move all your save data to either a PC, a PS3 or a PS4. Then just move it back onto the Vita. You can only micro-manage your Vita save data using PS Plus in the cloud storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

i just bought new PS Vita on a whim, PCH-2002

anyone know how to find the free monthly PS Plus games?

cannot see it in PS store been through a few times
    easy to find on PS4 or am i missing something

want to get before they roll over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Morshlac wrote: »
    i just bought new PS Vita on a whim, PCH-2002

anyone know how to find the free monthly PS Plus games?

cannot see it in PS store been through a few times
    easy to find on PS4 or am i missing something

want to get before they roll over

Click Here

Easiest way is usually hit the "Playstation Plus" tab on the top nav bar and then find "Monthly games" on the left hand nav bar

You can then filter by platform using the menu on the left side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

RedXIV wrote: »
    Easiest way is usually hit the "Playstation Plus" tab on the top nav bar and then find "Monthly games" on the left hand nav bar

You can then filter by platform using the menu on the left side

i presume you mean use the browser on PSvita to click on that.

if i click on the link there it seems to try and load Ps store then boot up the PSvita PS Store app....where I can't find anything about monthly games under "All"-> "Playstation Plus"

although just noticed when I click the 3 dots thing bottom right and go into download list i've got all the games listed there that i looked at from PS4 though....although won't help me get the new monthly content I guess..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement