Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

i got it to work by going into the PS4 and purchasing new monthly content, and adding any Ps vita only ones to library.
    then shows up in download list under vita in store

was trying to access the monthly content on vita itself to add to library but don't need to i guess when realised what i have been doing already added it automatically to PS vita "download list"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ah sorry, i was talking about the online store via PC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

paulo84 wrote: »
    pretty sure this isn't true. I've copied from a 16GB to a 32GB card no problem. The Persona save should be fine.

Also I downloaded Wipeout 2048 and was able to use the save that I had with the cartridge.
    So your saves were uploaded to PSN? I was talking about if the saves weren't uploaded. If they've been uploaded then the game should pull those down.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Where is the best place to pick up vita games cheap? Looking to pick up borderlands 2, call of duty, metal gear solid hd and dynasty warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

da gamer wrote: »
    Where is the best place to pick up vita games cheap? Looking to pick up borderlands 2, call of duty, metal gear solid hd and dynasty warriors
    Word or advice on Call Of Duty... Don't.

In terms of the cheapest places to get your Vita games, the PS Store has some smashing deals for Vita games most of the time, they're only getting cheaper. You'd probably have to wait until the games you want go down in price, but usually you get them for an absolute steal. If you can't wait just look out them on Amazon or eBay.

By the way, I'm deadly serious about COD, don't waste your money. Instead I'd recommend Killzone: Mercenary, the best FPS to have ever been released on a handheld imo. And if you're keen on your AAA titles, I think Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a must too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

VGP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

So your saves were uploaded to PSN? I was talking about if the saves weren't uploaded. If they've been uploaded then the game should pull those down.

I'm not a PS Plus subscriber so I didn't use PSN. I used my PS3 when changing from a 16 GB to a 32 GB card. You're right in that when you transfer to a PS4/PS3/PC, it uploads everything on your memory card - using this method you can't 'unlink' saves from games. But the saves and games aren't linked intrinsically in that they won't work with other games/save files.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

You can transfer PS1 save files to a PS3 from a Vita individually though. Not Vita save files. Can't remember for PSP save files, I think for those, again it transfers the game and the save. This is when using the 'Back Up' option.

Nailz wrote: »
    Word or advice on Call Of Duty... Don't.

In terms of the cheapest places to get your Vita games, the PS Store has some smashing deals for Vita games most of the time, they're only getting cheaper. You'd probably have to wait until the games you want go down in price, but usually you get them for an absolute steal. If you can't wait just look out them on Amazon or eBay.

By the way, I'm deadly serious about COD, don't waste your money. Instead I'd recommend Killzone: Mercenary, the best FPS to have ever been released on a handheld imo. And if you're keen on your AAA titles, I think Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a must too.

Thanks for the advice. I actually have killzone, yet to play it though. Have uncharted and your right, it's a great game. Just looking to add the above games to complete my collection really. I seen call of duty got bad reviews, is it really that bad? Borderlands is meant to be a poor port too and I have it on the 360 but I'd like to have it on the go.

Thanks for the advice. I actually have killzone, yet to play it though. Have uncharted and your right, it's a great game. Just looking to add the above games to complete my collection really. I seen call of duty got bad reviews, is it really that bad? Borderlands is meant to be a poor port too and I have it on the 360 but I'd like to have it on the go.
    Ah good stuff man! Get onto Killzone when you get the chance, it's the best Killzone title released imo.

COD is desperate, didn't purchase it myself thankfully, but it's a broken game. AI is the worst I've seen in years, it's ridiculously short, it's just bad, but if you want to check it out for yourself and try it for yourself then go for it.

Personally I liked Borderlands on my Vita, I think the reviews it got were far too harsh for what it actually delivers. The framerate does indeed drop when things get busy onscreen, but for what it achieves technically I think its worth owning if you have a Vita, purely to get the AAA experience from it. The story and the best of the gameplay is there (in spite of remapping sprint and melee to the touch controls obviously), if you can get it for a reasonable price then it's definitely worth the punt.

• Advertisement

Ya think I'll pick up borderlands so. Have it on 360 but haven't got around to playing it yet at least on the vita I can play it at any time really. Great little machine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anybody know when the vita mega packs are being released? Cant find them anywhere. I assume they'll be still 199€ for the pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So having only recently got a vita, I finally sat down to get a proper go at it today. So playing Uncharted from my Plus games. Enjoying it so far but is there a way to check if the game has saved? Hard to tell when I reach a checkpoint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ya think I'll pick up borderlands so. Have it on 360 but haven't got around to playing it yet at least on the vita I can play it at any time really. Great little machine

Unfortunately the vita port is meant to be pish.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unfortunately the vita port is meant to be pish.
    I think it's performance is definitely patchy, but in spite of that I think it's criminally underrated... purely because of the drops in framerate.

I'm playing the shit out of Super Meat Boy now, have been dying to play it for years but was never quite willing enough to dig out my 360 to play it. One of those games that's just perfect for the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hi Guys,
    Just recently got a VITA. I already have a PS+ account and I've gotten a few games like Persona and Shovel knight. Anyone have an tips or tricks on how to get the most out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Maaan still waiting on a copy of MGSV to arrive from zavvi after dispatch last thursday. Is the Irish post back to normal yet ?

Maaan still waiting on a copy of MGSV to arrive from zavvi after dispatch last thursday. Is the Irish post back to normal yet ?

Zavvi is notoriously hit and miss with delivery times, have waited over a month in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Have a game ordered for my brother on Amazon. Two weeks ago today it dispatched & still nothing.

Anyone able to answer if I own a game on import can I download a patch for them?
    Most of my best games are US region but I never downloaded a patch on them. :-/

ERG89 wrote: »
    Have a game ordered for my brother on Amazon. Two weeks ago today it dispatched & still nothing.

Anyone able to answer if I own a game on import can I download a patch for them?

You can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Xenji wrote: »
    Zavvi is notoriously hit and miss with delivery times, have waited over a month in the past.

Dayum, i should of done a little more research on them. They had the Day one edition for 52e delivered though and couldn't resist.
    ERG89 wrote: »

Damn 2 weeks is long, there must of be a bit of a back up with the irish post then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Getting close to Xmas and giving this Vita that I luckily got for €50 in the Smyths sale so many months ago to my six year old son.

Smyths gave me an extra 4GB memory card with it. Will that fit much or where can I get a new one?

I'm on PSN so have been downloading all the games since May for it.

Any PSone classics or PSP games people would recommend for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

4gb is useless. Not gonna get many games on that at all.

Examples :

Call of duty black ops is 2.18GB
    Gravity Rush 1.4GB
    Lego lord of the rings 1.74GB
    Sound shapes 2.0GB
    Uncharted Golder Abyss 3.49GB
    Little Big Planet Vita 1.09GB

Any recommendations on where to get a bigger card at a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Try CEX. They have/had a 16GB for €28 which is not bad. I bought two of them from there and have had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

tallpaul wrote: »
    Try CEX. They have/had a 16GB for €28 which is not bad. I bought two of them from there and have had no issues.

Call ahead though, I went in a week ago, and all they had was a 4gb

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Call ahead though, I went in a week ago, and all they had was a 4gb

I checked online stock and no store near me has a 16GB or 32GB unfortunately. However, I see delivery is only €4.95 so might get it later in the week. Thanks for the tips lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita in the next day or so. How are they for reliability? I'd never buy a PS3 or PS4 second hand but I imagine a lot of Vita's get only a modest amount of use. I'm definitely toying with Adverts for this purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I've never had an issue with mine but it kills me that I let a part of the screen get scratched. That's the one thing I'd watch for when you pick one. It's truly heartbreaking on the ones with the OLED screen

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of picking up a Vita in the next day or so. How are they for reliability? I'd never buy a PS3 or PS4 second hand but I imagine a lot of Vita's get only a modest amount of use. I'm definitely toying with Adverts for this purchase.

I have had mine for nearly 3 years and it has seen a lot of use, but I have had no issues with it, its quite sturdy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement