Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Cheers lads. I've had an offer accepted on one on Adverts so picking it up tomorrow lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Started playing duke nukem 3d megaton edition on the vita tonight, got it free months ago on plus. Great port if one of my favourite games of all time. Disapointed that couldn't find one multiplayer game online though, thought somebody might be playing it! If anyone here has ir and would like a few mindless fun games online let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

da gamer wrote: »
    Started playing duke nukem 3d megaton edition on the vita tonight, got it free months ago on plus. Great port if one of my favourite games of all time. Disapointed that couldn't find one multiplayer game online though, thought somebody might be playing it! If anyone here has ir and would like a few mindless fun games online let me know.

Have it myself and I'm rather terrible at it, but I wouldn't mind getting slaughtered a bit in multiplayer just for a laugh.

My PSN is cournioni.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Nailz wrote: »
    Have it myself and I'm rather terrible at it, but I wouldn't mind getting slaughtered a bit in multiplayer just for a laugh.

My PSN is cournioni.

Just added you. Send me a message whenever you want a game, I'll probably be on this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shu Yoshida said that around 6 months ago, not sure why outlets have decided to pick it up again, Freedom Wars was the last first party game.

The majority of big Japanese studios and many smaller ones are still pumping out games and have many in development though.

My new Vita almost paid for itself this weekend. Had 16 hours on trains/ferrys and the Vita took a lot of that burden. I got the 'slim' version and it really is an impressive piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Beefy78 wrote: »
    My new Vita almost paid for itself this weekend. Had 16 hours on trains/ferrys and the Vita took a lot of that burden. I got the 'slim' version and it really is an impressive piece of kit.
    Where did you buy it?

Adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I dropped mine last night onto a wooden floor

It seems OK, but Im worried about her

I think I would cry if it was broken, its the old OLED version and I dont want a slim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Currently replaying Uncharted:Golden Abyss and I am really enjoying it again on the Hard difficulty. Amazing how they crammed so much into this game for a handheld...

Sony Clarifies First-Party Support For Vita, Still Being Worked On But No AAA Games.
    Sony’s European boss Jim Ryan has told VG247 that there are still first-party PlayStation Vita projects in the works.

He was speaking following comments made by Sony Computer Entertainment SVP Masayasu Ito last week, who told press that “currently, first-party studios have no titles in development for PS Vita.

“Since third-parties are working very hard on PS Vita, SCE’s own strategy is to focus on PS4, which is a new platform.”

But Ryan has said there has been some confusion, and although Sony is not working on big budget Vita games, there are still internal projects ticking over for the handheld.

“To clarify what was said about Vita, which was either misinterpreted or misreported: I think what was said was that we’re no longer in the business of triple-A development of games for Vita. But there is still first-party Vita content being worked upon.”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sure Sony... Sure.

Can't blame them though. It's being well served as a niche games machine by third parties and offering triple A games isn't going to change its fortunes or even suit the platform.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sure Sony... Sure.

Can't blame them though. It's being well served as a niche games machine by third parties and offering triple A games isn't going to change its fortunes or even suit the platform.

I would like to see them put out some quirky or experimental games, not everything they put out should necessarily be AAA on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's a case or grip for the slim with r2 l2 buttons, anyone seen any other makes like this for the original vita.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    I would like to see them put out some quirky or experimental games, not everything they put out should necessarily be AAA on the Vita.

I'd rather they didn't do triple A games on Vita. Resistance was a fine game and Uncharted was a bit meh but both proved that those types of games just aren't that good a fit for a mobile plaform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'd rather they didn't do triple A games on Vita. Resistance was a fine game and Uncharted was a bit meh but both proved that those types of games just aren't that good a fit for a mobile plaform.

I didn't really enjoy Resistance but Killzone was great on the Vita. I felt a tiny bit underwhelmed by Uncharted but I think I'm going to give that another lash just to see if it's better than I remember. Games like Tearaway and Gravity Rush were wonderful for the Vita - it's a pity that it won't get a sniff of either of those sequels.

Feck I meant Killzone not Resistance, Resistance was a bit naff! The two are such bland shooter settings they blend into one for me :)

Uncharted on vita just isn't that great and it's only gotten worse after the new console sheen has worn off. It looks worse than most vita games, it might pack in a lot of detail but it's very obviously running at half the resolution with no antialiasing so it's really blocky jaggy compared to very simpler games that run at full resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd much prefer more of the likes of Killzone, Gravity Rush, Unit 13. At least it's serving me well enough as a remote play device, I guess.

Well I wouldn't call Gravity Rush a triple A game but it was excellent. That old Silent Hill/Siren team did some great stuff on Vita with Gravity Rush and Freedom Wars. I hope they have as much freedom since they've been put on PS4 projects.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd much prefer more of the likes of Killzone, Gravity Rush, Unit 13. At least it's serving me well enough as a remote play device, I guess.

Same here. The games available for it now are terrible. I've no interest in using it to play what they are putting out at the moment.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Same here. The games available for it now are terrible. I've no interest in using it to play what they are putting out at the moment.

It is not going to change, unless the game is a port, the vast majority of upcoming games are all JRPGs, Visual Novels, Rhythm Games or Dating Sims.

If you are into JRPGs and Visual Novels, the Vita is still a little gem and the PS+ games are handy if you do a lot of travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-30-civilization-revolution-2-plus-hits-ps-vita-this-december

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus heading to the Vita this December. I LOVED Civ Rev on the 360 so I'm looking forward to this :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ERG89 wrote: »
    www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-30-civilization-revolution-2-plus-hits-ps-vita-this-december

Civilization Revolution 2 Plus heading to the Vita and PS Plus this December. I LOVED Civ Rev on the 360 so I'm looking forward to this :cool:

I don't see any mention of it appearing on PS Plus.

I don't see any mention of it appearing on PS Plus.

**** my mistake
    >. <
    Still I hope it's good. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I might try going back to Freedom Wars. It just didn't grab me at the time. Quite hard to put up with the waffle. Infact maybe I'll get the Soul Sacrifice Delta as I didn't finish the original, despite liking it a lot and the dialogue in that was actually enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Been playing the vita for a bit there over the last few days i ended up picking up YS: Memories of Celceta for 20 euros on the PSN store had been wonting to play this for a while and i am loving the 6 or so hours i have put into it.

I wouldn't be the biggest JRPG fan but i do think the Vita is the best console you can play them on as the screen on the OLED is fantastic for coulors and controls are quite good as well. And the major thing for RPGS for me is that i find them hard to play for hours on end but on the Vita i can pick up and put down no problem.

I still think the Vita will go down as one of the must underrated games consoles of all time as if you look there is some fantastic games for it from Indie, JRPG and even that Borderlands 2 port isn't as bad as people say it is i played it and other then the frame rate slow down and less bad guys its a fantastic game on a handheld of all things !!!.

I'm hard push to call the Ys games RPGs. The speed the games run at is just insane, far faster than the vast majority of action games! The combat is just so much fun in them!

Was bored tonight and decided to give Persona 4 a go as it's in my backlog a long while. Got up to the point where I unlocked Yosuke's persona searching for information about Saki.
    Really enjoying it but worried I ain't understanding the battle system yet.
    Only had 2 battles. I kinda enjoy the downtime between them tho. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm hard push to call the Ys games RPGs. The speed the games run at is just insane, far faster than the vast majority of action games! The combat is just so much fun in them!

They are ARPGs.

At the end of Ys: Memories of Celceta now, only the boss battles left. Great game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement