Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ERG89 wrote: »
    Was bored tonight and decided to give Persona 4 a go as it's in my backlog a long while. Got up to the point where I unlocked Yosuke's persona searching for information about Saki.
    Really enjoying it but worried I ain't understanding the battle system yet.
    Only had 2 battles. I kinda enjoy the downtime between them tho. :o

Battle system is pretty easy. You can target an enemies weak point to knock it down and get a follow up attack for free. Knock all the enemies down and you get to do an all out attack for free which does a lot of damage. (One tip is you can change the battle system so you directly control all the characters and not just the Main Character, most people prefer the game this way and it makes boss battles easier).

There's a few other small things to remember but they only really apply mostly to boss fights. First Shin Megami Tensei games aren't like Final Fantasy which are beyond simple. Status buffs and debuffs are hugely important and stacking them can give you a massive advantage is tough boss fights. Also you can protect your own elemental weakness by guarding, you'll still take damage but you won't give the enemy an extra turn which is going to come in handy for the next boss fight which is a a bit of a baptism of fire.

Other than that always be fusing new Persona's. It's not like pokemon where you hang on to pokemon for the entire game. Fuse them all for higher level Persona, a few extra levels makes a massive difference in this game. Also focus on social links when you aren't fighting. Social links give massive xp boosts when fusing and it can mean getting a persona that is a good few levels over your max level which can make a massive difference.

Other than that the rest of the strategy is just resource and mp management in the dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What do people think are the best and worst PS Vita Free (instant collection) games from the last 12-18 months?

It just seems like each month I'm downloading tonnes of (what looks like) rubbish and I'm NEVER going to get around to giving them all a fair attempt?

If a game is usually critically well received, or I've heard about it, I'll download it on PS3 or PS4 if allowed (Hotline Miami, Binding of Isaac etc).

Having recently given Skulls of the Shogun a punt, I'm concerned these's some other hidden gems I've not heard about.

Maybe there are some games that a totally horrible and I can safely delete them? I'd like to know

Seriously, some of them look VERY average, just cannot dedicate time to trying them so would love to hear your feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Masamume Rebirth was pretty good if you haven't tried it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Ok just finished Ys: Memories of Celceta. Great game. It was pretty easy on Hard difficulty though.

What RPG now? I've played Persona 4 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Orizio wrote: »
    Ok just finished Ys: Memories of Celceta. Great game. It was pretty easy on Hard difficulty though.

FFX?? Fantastic game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any of the Atelier games, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Freedom Wars, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Hearts R, Akiba's Trip or Demon Gaze.

If you liked the visual novel element of Persona, then Steins;Gate, Danganronpa or Virtue's Last Reward.

Cormac... wrote: »
    What do people think are the best and worst PS Vita Free (instant collection) games from the last 12-18 months?

It just seems like each month I'm downloading tonnes of (what looks like) rubbish and I'm NEVER going to get around to giving them all a fair attempt?

If a game is usually critically well received, or I've heard about it, I'll download it on PS3 or PS4 if allowed (Hotline Miami, Binding of Isaac etc).

Having recently given Skulls of the Shogun a punt, I'm concerned these's some other hidden gems I've not heard about.

Maybe there are some games that a totally horrible and I can safely delete them? I'd like to know

Seriously, some of them look VERY average, just cannot dedicate time to trying them so would love to hear your feedback.

La-Mulana EX
    Murasaki Baby
    Dragon's Crown
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Soul Sacrifice
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Street Fighter X Tekken
    Rayman Origins
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Gravity Rush
    BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd echo what Xenji said, the Atelier games are awesome, and freedom wars is a lot of fun. The two Trails in the Sky games are pretty much the pinnacle of the traditional JRPG formula. I'd also like to highly, highly recommend Tactics Ogre or Final Fantasy Tactics. I'd go for Tactics Ogre first, it's by far and away the best SRPG ever made with one hell of a story.

I'd stay away from FFX, replayed it recently, time has not been kind to it. It's a bit of a slog and you can do far better considering the PS Vita and PSP library.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd recommend downloading Hotline Miami and giving it a go on the Vita if you're up for it. The Vita version, IMO, is definitely the best version of that game across any platform. In terms of playability and controls, it stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

What are peoples experiences with Play Asia like? I've been thinking about getting the L2 R2 grip in the link below and was wondering how long should I expect delivery to take and if there is much risk of it being seized by customs?

http://play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-black/13/708qs3

• Advertisement

Cokeistan wrote: »
    What are peoples experiences with Play Asia like? I've been thinking about getting the L2 R2 grip in the link below and was wondering how long should I expect delivery to take and if there is much risk of it being seized by customs?

Only ordered one from them but no problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

RedXIV wrote: »
    Only ordered one from them but no problems?

Have you ordered stuff from them in the past? This grip looks like it will improve PS4 remote play big time

Have you ordered stuff from them in the past? This grip looks like it will improve PS4 remote play big time

Yep, ordered a controller. No issues at all and no customs charges either.

Grip is definitely supposed to help but I haven't gotten one yet. A few other regulars here have though

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Duty isn't chargeable up to €150 value, VAT can be charged on items €22 and up.
    I couldn't see them doing you for the sake of a couple of euros.

Use play asia all the time. Very reliable company only had one problem where a shipment didn't arrive and they posted out a replacement when I contacted them no hassle. Only downer is that delivery from Hong Kong is very slow, you can be waiting 3 weeks for stuff to arrive, just wait, it will come eventually.

I've been caught for customs from them before but it's a rare occurence and worth the risk for the savings made.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi, can anyone tell me where are all the stocks of ps vita lego mega packs? Smyths no stock and Argos no stock but are selling 55 euro above rrp.

Anyone know if these will be available soon? It was due out mid october but I cant find them anywhere

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me where are all the stocks of ps vita lego mega packs? Smyths no stock and Argos no stock but are selling 55 euro above rrp.

Anyone know if these will be available soon? It was due out mid october but I cant find them anywhere

Amazon.de has it for E229.00.

Xenji wrote: »
    Amazon.de has it for E229.00.

Unfortunately box might be in German, look a bit suss on xmas morning:p

Is there a general delay with this by Sony? Like trying to get blood out of a stone trying to find updated info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ys: Memories of Celceta is down to €12 on the store. As someone who's never played any if them, is it worth picking up?

tok9 wrote: »
    Ys: Memories of Celceta is down to €12 on the store. As someone who's never played any if them, is it worth picking up?

It is a solid game and it does not take that long to finish compared to some other JRGPs, well worth it for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thanks Xenji, in the end I've decided to leave it. I've realised I've a load if games on my vita including FFIX and Suikoden 1 & 2 so really I should get around to them.

So I'm going to restart Final fantasy. I had a save on disc 3 which I lost and my other save is 9 hours in on disc 2 but since I reckon I'd be lost, I'm just going to restart it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I've been thinking about getting a vita for a while now, have a load of vita games on my psn account thanks to ps+. Any idea where would be the best place to get one? I've had looking around online and they seem fairly scarce, at least for any good deals or bundles.

The Vita is getting shockingly bad support to be honest. At this point, if Gamestop don't have it, i'd say you'll have to order on some of the bigger sites. It's not really stocked enough anymore for competitive advantages to appear

I've been thinking about getting a vita for a while now, have a load of vita games on my psn account thanks to ps+. Any idea where would be the best place to get one? I've had looking around online and they seem fairly scarce, at least for any good deals or bundles.

Check around the various Amazons, they have been doing the best deals, last Christmas Amazon.es were selling them for E169.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Xenji wrote:
    Check around the various Amazons, they have been doing the best deals, last Christmas Amazon.es were selling them for E169.00.

Smyths hsve a decent bundle in for €199, check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Smyths hsve a decent bundle in for €199, check that out.

No stock !!

Can anyone help me here please?

Can anyone advise if there would be a problem with downloading the Lego games from a French bought Ps Vita Lego mega pack????

Also would there be any probs with playing Irish / GB bought games on such a French bought console ?? Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No stock !!

Can anyone help me here please?

Can anyone advise if there would be a problem with downloading the Lego games from a French bought Ps Vita Lego mega pack????

Also would there be any probs with playing Irish / GB bought games on such a French bought console ?? Thanks

You will need to d/l the mega pack on the french PSN - new account required.

To have two IDs on the Vita, you have to do a reset each time you want to change IDs.
    Only one allowed on the Vita.

Not a problem playing the games, just a PITA.

F1ngers wrote: »
    You will need to d/l the mega pack on the french PSN - new account required.

To have two IDs on the Vita, you have to do a reset each time you want to change IDs.
    Only one allowed on the Vita.

Not a problem playing the games, just a PITA.

Thanks f1ngers. I don't even have one account with any Sony game devices so you think I can just set one up first time then it'll be ok ????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks f1ngers. I don't even have one account with any Sony game devices so you think I can just set one up first time then it'll be ok ????

That would work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement