Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ps what is d/l the mega pack??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ps what is d/l the mega pack??

Download. All the games are digital so have to be downloaded from the PS Store.

Thanks a bunch much appreciated

So there shouldn't be a problem downloading them on the French bought vita if I never had an account ? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

There'ok be no problem but I think you'll need a French account (which is easily set up). Personally I'd find it easier just to set up an Irish account from the start instead of messing about with multiple accounts. If you did buy another game on the Irish ps store you'd need an Irish account but, as previously stated, you can only have one active account on a vita at a time.

Is there an option for a physical copy of the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Issac wrote: »
    There'ok be no problem but I think you'll need a French account (which is easily set up)...

Not sure what bundle my brother has gone for as well but cheers for the heads up.
    I never spotted this as I just bought the console, not a bundle so no games :)

• Advertisement

Here's the thing. And a lot cheaper than Anywhere I've seen online

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B0146U4EXI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1449306280&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=ps+vita&dpPl=1&dpID=61UemmtAoHL&ref=plSrch

Please tell Santa it's gonna be ok:confused::confused: otherwise I'll cancel it which I don't want to do as its so hard to find

Great price...
    And even if you don't get a FR account to download the games it's a great price just for the console...

Good find.

Wha??:eek::eek: I have to download the games or there be big sh1t in little China !!

Not sure - depends on the bundle??
    I bought just the console - so not sure.
    The Vita TV I bought though came with vouchers, you had to go to the PS Store and redeem them to download...

If they already have a PS+ account from a PS3 or PS4, then each month with the freebies there are vita games there - make sure any that are free have been "bought" so they'll be available.

OK yup - from Amazon fr's page - using chrome translate

Download code for the following games
    LEGO Movie
    LEGO Batman 3
    LEGO The Hobbit

Thought that was what you asked above whether they'd work on an Irish Vita..

Most games are now downloaded for this console - but be prepared on Christmas day the Sony Store is likely to take a hammering from all the new vitas & PS4s, or like last year it was knocked out all together by a group of wasters spamming the site to make a point...

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    OK yup - from Amazon fr's page - using chrome translate

Download code for the following games
    LEGO Movie
    LEGO Batman 3
    LEGO The Hobbit

Thought that was what you asked above whether they'd work on an Irish Vita..

Most games are now downloaded for this console - but be prepared on Christmas day the Sony Store is likely to take a hammering from all the new vitas & PS4s, or like last year it was knocked out all together by a group of wasters spamming the site to make a point...

Thanks maybe I'll download them in advance.

No we don't have any other Sony account in the house. I was wondering if I bought the ps Lego mega pack from France I assume I'll be able to download the games and that I won't have to have a French IP address or be in France??? Sorry for sounding thicker than normal !!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

vicwatson wrote: »
    Thanks maybe I'll download them in advance.

No we don't have any other Sony account in the house. I was wondering if I bought the ps Lego mega pack from France I assume I'll be able to download the games and that I won't have to have a French IP address or be in France??? Sorry for sounding thicker than normal !!!

You just download from the french store.
    No IP or need to be in France

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Could do with a bit of help folks. It's coming near the time Santa has to deliver my son's Vita that we got in Smyths earlier in the year. It's a PCH-1003.

We only have a 4gb memory card that came with it. We have three games for him (Jak and Daxter trilogy, Mod Nation Racers and Lego Harry Potter). The expectation is that these will use most of that.

Where is the best value for a bigger card? Amazon is £65 for a 64gb. About €87. Cex only have 16gbs for €28.

Will I need that much room? A lot of what I expect him to play are the PS Classics like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

I do however have all the Plus Vita games since around May to download for him.

Also, can anyone recommend a decent cover, screen protector and handgrip for that model? I'm not bothered if they aren't here by Xmas day. Just want them for him for after.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not sure about the cover/screen protector but I found a 16GB card pretty reasonable for my needs with the Vita. the ps1 classics are very small, so you could fit 20 on with that card, but some of the vita games may be a bit bigger (3-4GB) so that may reduce your capacity. I manage my games, on a 16GB card with about 10-15 games on it most of the time. You could go bigger but I find it unnecessarily expensive for the cards. But it's worth noting that downloading a 4GB game is not a problem for me with my internet package.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone here playing Freedom Wars? Want to finish it and move on to something else but the difficulty randomly and significantly increases in the final quarter of the game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Orizio wrote: »
    Anyone here playing Freedom Wars? Want to finish it and move on to something else but the difficulty randomly and significantly increases in the final quarter of the game. :(

At that point of the game you really are meant to be getting help from other players online, you can solo the game to the finish but it will take some serious grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Eh really?

Bloodborne has thought me using other players online is for casuals though. ;)

I think my weapons are ass but I looked at the weapons guides online and it all seems convoluted and time-consuming. Might keep cracking away on my own for another couple of days and after that get help if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Started downloading games to my sons Vita last night.

However, I keep getting an error stating could not connect to Playstation Store within the time frame. How can I get rid of this does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Lemlin wrote: »
    Started downloading games to my sons Vita last night.

However, I keep getting an error stating could not connect to Playstation Store within the time frame. How can I get rid of this does anyone know?

I had the same problem on a ps4 but oddly enough my son was upstairs on his and it was working away and he was online chatting to his friends on FIFA. Don't know what was wrong. Let's hope it's working today!

Not sure if this will work - but try it

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/home/games

Sign in as your son (note this is the Irish store....)
    Under your sign in name there is a drop down arrow - Select DOWNLOAD LIST
    Browse to the game you want to download and hit the dowload button and choose vita if prompted.

Go back to your vita, make sure it's powered on and signed in with the same account.

Hopefully it will start downloading the game for you. Hopefully.
    Not sure about that error - guess you could just keep trying, it could be load on the system or another ddos attack possibly like last year???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've been having a blast with Bastion on Vita. You can certainly see the similarities with Transistor.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

This has possible been asked before but has anyone here imported a Japaneses vita? I presumed its region free and there's no major difference with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

This has possible been asked before but has anyone here imported a Japaneses vita? I presumed its region free and there's no major difference with it?

No issues whatsoever, you just choose English when you first set it up and you're ready to go. I bought a white version while I was in Tokyo a couple of years ago and it's never given me any problems.

The only difference is that the X and O buttons are backwards, otherwise everything is the same, got my first Vita in Sendai nearly 5 years ago to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Xenji wrote: »
    The only difference is that the X and O buttons are backwards, otherwise everything is the same, got my first Vita in Sendai nearly 5 years ago to the day.

Really? I have a Japanese Vita and the buttons are where they should be.

penev10 wrote: »
    Really? I have a Japanese Vita and the buttons are where they should be.

For Japanese games and all my Vita games are from Japanese studios the buttons are inverse, it should be different for Vita PS+ games but it is still the same, might just have a contrary launch model, my other Vita works fine with the Plus games.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Is that button configuration just for Japanese game or is it applied to games from all regions, is there any way of changing it? Would I be able to use my Irish psn account, the reason I'm asking is I don't plan to actually buy any games I have plenty on my account from ps+. Any issues with ps4 remote play?

Finished the main campaign of Dragon's Crown there. Thought it was fun but mostly a button masher really. I was still able to play with a few others online which I thought was a bit surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

tok9 wrote: »
    Finished the main campaign of Dragon's Crown there. Thought it was fun but mostly a button masher really. I was still able to play with a few others online which I thought was a bit surprising!

Played it myself for a time, finished it as well. Seriously didn't like it though. Even though it's a side scroller and generally linear game play it just felt very contained. Making the food dishes was a bit strange and online people robbing your frying pan.

I may have totalling overlooked the proper way of playing the game so my opinion may be totally incorrect :)

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    Played it myself for a time, finished it as well. Seriously didn't like it though. Even though it's a side scroller and generally linear game play it just felt very contained. Making the food dishes was a bit strange and online people robbing your frying pan.

I may have totalling overlooked the proper way of playing the game so my opinion may be totally incorrect :)

I only got to the food part towards the end of my time playing it and had no idea what was going on! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement