Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is that button configuration just for Japanese game or is it applied to games from all regions, is there any way of changing it?

It's for Japanese games. For the main firmware I think if you have a Japanese account it defaults to O for accept X for cancel.

The Japanese way is actually the correct way. Nintendo still use that configuration and sony set up the PS controller for that (where O is correct and X is wrong). It changed sometime during the PS1 era for western games, I'm not sure why, but there's a lot of even early western games that use that configuration, Metal Gear used it up until MGS3 and a lot of Tecmo Koei games still use it.
    van_beano wrote: »
    Played it myself for a time, finished it as well. Seriously didn't like it though. Even though it's a side scroller and generally linear game play it just felt very contained. Making the food dishes was a bit strange and online people robbing your frying pan.

I may have totalling overlooked the proper way of playing the game so my opinion may be totally incorrect :)

Did you guys play through the levels a second time after the first loop? Found the game disappointing on the first loop as well, it was way too easy, but on the second loop it was a lot more fun. You get brand new areas, more bosses and it's much more of a challenge. Doing survival runs to get better equipment is where a lot of my enjoyment came from.

Also play with the dwarf, his grapple and throw abilities makes him far and away the most fun character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Did you guys play through the levels a second time after the first loop? Found the game disappointing on the first loop as well, it was way too easy, but on the second loop it was a lot more fun. You get brand new areas, more bosses and it's much more of a challenge. Doing survival runs to get better equipment is where a lot of my enjoyment came from.

Also play with the dwarf, his grapple and throw abilities makes him far and away the most fun character.

I've played through each level dozens of times, trying for the Platinum. It just got very repetitive for me, was playing on the hard difficulty that becomes available after clearing it once. Played a good bit online, there was a good stream of people playing online a few months back. I've kind of given up on my quest now, I may return to it soon.

Maybe it tries to be too complicated for its own good, haven't played it for a good few months now so can't recall my overall issues with it and it's still sitting on my Vita laughing at me for being a moan!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

When you say the second loop do you mean after the credits role or do you mean when you have to get the first set of talismans?

I've put it down after getting credits but it said after that there was more to do and increased the level cap to 65 and added more talismans to collect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I only went as far as beating the Dragon boss at the end myself. Couldn't be arsed going through the game, like 5 more times I think? I think I got my moneys worth just going through it the once and then once again co-op with the GF, I didn't see the point on going through it multiple times again as it would get boring. For those 8 hours it was great but can see it getting very boring after that but I'd take an 8 hour game over the 100+ hour open world borefests that most games are now!

Xeodrifter was free on PS+ a few months ago. Played and finished it there. It's a nice short metroidvania really. It's only 1-2 hours long but I really enjoyed it. The skills you learn are pretty cool.

I was going to go back to Rainbow Moon but I've seen how long it takes to beat and I really don't think I want to put in that much time.

Might finally get around to Resident Evil 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

you just choose English

Pfft, casual...

Has anyone tried Dragon Fin Soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

tok9 wrote: »
    I was going to go back to Rainbow Moon but I've seen how long it takes to beat and I really don't think I want to put in that much time.

Huge amount of grinding required to level up sufficiently to beat the bosses at the end, managed to finish it myself. Once you're levelled up it becomes ridiculously easy. Good game and all but I don't think I would have started it if I knew of the grinding required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Has anyone tried Dragon Fin Soup?

Couldn't really get into it when I tried for about an hour on the ps4 and haven't gotten back to it. There's potential but not enough for me at the start

Well in that case Resident Evil 3, Nihilumbra and Grim Fandango are up next.

If the Freedom Wars community is active again I actually might dip into that every so often too.

• Advertisement

Well I decided to finally go back to Freedom Wars. I was already at CODE 6 so I wasn't that far from the end and I actually began to understand the weapon upgrading/modding in the game so I was able to build better weapons without much grinding.

Anyway I finished the story of the game and god damn is it frustrating. To start off the story isn't good anyway but this game puts MGSV to shame with where it ends. It just ends on a setup for the next game and I'm not that confident there will be a next game.

Hopefully there will though as I did have a lot of fun with the game itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Well I decided to finally go back to Freedom Wars. I was already at CODE 6 so I wasn't that far from the end and I actually began to understand the weapon upgrading/modding in the game so I was able to build better weapons without much grinding.

Anyway I finished the story of the game and god damn is it frustrating. To start off the story isn't good anyway but this game puts MGSV to shame with where it ends. It just ends on a setup for the next game and I'm not that confident there will be a next game.

There won't be another game, zero chance. Anyway the story is pure garbage, I ignored it from the get go.

The gameplay is pretty mindless fun however.

I thought it sold relatively well for a Vita game?

It's a pity anyway as the game definitely feels incomplete.

• Has anyone given Grim Fandango a go on the vita? Would like to know how it performs on the handheld.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Has anyone given Grim Fandango a go on the vita? Would like to know how it performs on the handheld.

Not yet... I might give that a go next. Although I feel like I've left Resident Evil 3 sit idle for too long! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Has anyone given Grim Fandango a go on the vita? Would like to know how it performs on the handheld.

Yep plays perfect, its cross buy to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I thought it sold relatively well for a Vita game?

It's a pity anyway as the game definitely feels incomplete.

I'm sure it sold ok but the critical reception was pretty meh. It just kind of came and went and Sony gave up on Vita soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It runs well, very little if any noticeable loading time between screens. My only performance issue is that saving the game takes 60+ seconds for some reason.

Other than that, it is a late 90s adventure game, so it can be a bit pixel-hunty for some items. This got me a couple of times given the size of the screen on the Vita. There's no area ping like on some modern adventures, so you have to watch out for Manny moving his head to look at interactive things.

The developer commentary is interesting and worth turning on from the start.

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm sure it sold ok but the critical reception was pretty meh. It just kind of came and went and Sony gave up on Vita soon after.

Oh sure I wouldn't necessarily expect it to be a Vita exclusive. But I could see them do something similar to Gravity Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Junichi Yoshizawa has mentioned a few times in the last few months that SCE Japan want to do a sequel and fan demand could make it happen, Tokuou Ohnuma is now in charge of the the team, so obviously they are working on ideas and new concepts.

Freedom Wars was the biggest selling Vita game in 2014 in Japan with 300k copies sold, God Eater 2 Rage Burst sold 343K last year, so their is still a good chance, people stating the Vita is dead is laughable unless they only mean devs outside Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Looking to pick up a Vita game this evening. Something to dig my teeth into at night. I love Final Fantasy and turn based games. Any wacky recommendations (jrpgs?). Haven't played any on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Looking to pick up a Vita game this evening. Something to dig my teeth into at night. I love Final Fantasy and turn based games. Any wacky recommendations (jrpgs?). Haven't played any on the Vita.

Persona 4 Golden!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Persona 4 Golden!

Yeah you're not going to beat this

shuffles03 wrote: »

The Atelier series.
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
    Persona 4: Golden
    The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Lost Dimension
    Freedom Wars
    Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
    Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
    Dragon's Crown
    Demon Gaze
    Conception II
    Disgaea 4
    Tales of Hearts R
    Muramasa Rebirth
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
    Criminal Girls
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

Steins;Gate
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
    Danganronpa ( Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Ultra Despair Girls )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That case that used the rear touch to add R2/L2 to the vita is out for the original 1000 vita (technically it's been out for about a month). Sold out on play Asia, anyone seen it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Varik wrote: »
    That case that used the rear touch to add R2/L2 to the vita is out of original 1000 vita (technically it's been out for about a month). Sold out on play Asia, anyone seen it anywhere else.

Id also be very interested in this.

The biggest issue with the vita by far is the lack of L2 and R2 buttons.

Some good use of the touch pad with certain games where the developer made specific controls for it like Destiny but not enough did so a work round would be great.

Just looked on eBay and good Christ the prices!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Does anyone know did the digimon game come out for the vita after?. As I know the ps4 did but I don't fancy playing a RPG on it.

Does anyone know did the digimon game come out for the vita after?. As I know the ps4 did but I don't fancy playing a RPG on it.

It came out yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Xenji wrote: »
    It came out yesterday.

I have not seen a boxed copy anywhere online did it get a release in the EU or do I have to buy digital?.

• Advertisement

I have not seen a boxed copy anywhere online did it get a release in the EU or do I have to buy digital?.

GAME have it or you could use VGP if your willing to wait about 10-12 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement