Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Xenji wrote: »
    GAME have it or you could use VGP if your willing to wait about 10-12 days.

Perfect VGP will do as i have to go get my vita anyway as its 80 KM away at the mother and fathers house ha ha.

40 pound on game and 75 CD on VGP yuck ha ha. I wont to play it but to much for a Vita game :O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'd actually be tempted to buy that Digimon game if it was cross buy. Looks pretty decent from what I've seen.

Has anyone else had battery issues since the latest firmware? I've charged my vita and a day or two later when I go to play it, it's already dead again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    I'd actually be tempted to buy that Digimon game if it was cross buy. Looks pretty decent from what I've seen.

Has anyone else had battery issues since the latest firmware? I've charged my vita and a day or two later when I go to play it, it's already dead again.

If I'd any idea where my charger is gone I'd tell you.

At this stage I'm just going to see if I can buy a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

'Digimon Story' worth buying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's the recommended wifi speeds for remote play? Thinking about getting a Vita sometime in the future mainly to use remote play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's the recommended wifi speeds for remote play? Thinking about getting a Vita sometime in the future mainly to use remote play.

To be honest, It appears to be more about the games you want to do remote play with. Even on my 70MB wireless in the house, sitting across from the PS4, high speed games are just not playable on the Vita. However, I was playing the FF7 port happily on it.

So I'd recommend you consider how important reflexs are in your game before any other considerations of network issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Simple looking PS4 games like Valiant Hearts, Contrast or Unmechanical Extended will play well over remote play. Bigger games like Assasin Creeds etc I wouldn't bother, played Grow Home recently on remote play, it was unplayable, frame rate kept dropping and that's with hitting over 60 megs on the WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Orizio wrote: »
    'Digimon Story' worth buying?

It is fun so far, good to play in short bursts, it has a solid story and good gameplay, you can easily put 40-50 hours into it.

Well tbh I ain't really a big fan of Indie games and a majority of the Vita games are that and JRPG type games which I ain't a fan of either, I might buy a few AAA games which came out on it before Uncharted Golden Abyss etc.

But the PS4 games I'd be interested in using for remote play would mostly be Destiny & FIFA

But the PS4 games I'd be interested in using for remote play would mostly be Destiny & FIFA

If you could try before you buy it would be the best thing. Last thing you'd want is spend a few quid abs having the Vita sitting up gathering dust. I like the Vita on a standalone basis for gaming but not for the remote play, for games needing quick reactions etc it's way too laggy and that's sitting in the same room as the PS4 with no barriers. I'd imagine Destiny would be unplayable on it and FIFA may annoy you if the picture starts breaking up during a goal line clearance!

• Advertisement

Well tbh I ain't really a big fan of Indie games and a majority of the Vita games are that and JRPG type games which I ain't a fan of either, I might buy a few AAA games which came out on it before Uncharted Golden Abyss etc.

Need to change your game taste i think Indie games have been the best thing to happen in gaming in years as so many of he AAA game makers copy ideas that the indie game makers take risks on.

Hotline Minni 1 and 2 are maybe my fave indie games up there with Shovel Knight just great games that a tottlay different then your normal AAA shocking boring Destiny and meh FIFA.

Borderlands 2 is on the VITA its not a great port but its very fun to play on it. Another great game on the vita is the Sonic racing game.

The list is endless from Indie games to JPRG to Mainstream games the vita and even the WII U are one of the must underrated games consoles you can get.

I have had the Vita from the day it came out 4 years ago i still play it to this day while on the other hand me 3DS stills there and i am like meh other then pokemon and mario there is noting that intrasts me on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Need to change your game taste i think Indie games have been the best thing to happen in gaming in years as so many of he AAA game makers copy ideas that the indie game makers take risks on.

Hotline Minni 1 and 2 are maybe my fave indie games up there with Shovel Knight just great games that a tottlay different then your normal AAA shocking boring Destiny and meh FIFA.

Why does he have to change his taste in games? You mightn't like Destiny or Fifa - I don't either - but he obviously does.

Why does he have to change his taste in games? You mightn't like Destiny or Fifa - I don't either - but he obviously does.

I am the type of person to enjoy something you have to give everything a go as you never know what you might like and you have to be open to stuff.

I never said i didnt like Fifa .... I play it all the time .... I buy it every year as well But i like more then just Destiny or Fifa.

van_beano wrote: »
    If you could try before you buy it would be the best thing. Last thing you'd want is spend a few quid abs having the Vita sitting up gathering dust. I like the Vita on a standalone basis for gaming but not for the remote play, for games needing quick reactions etc it's way too laggy and that's sitting in the same room as the PS4 with no barriers. I'd imagine Destiny would be unplayable on it and FIFA may annoy you if the picture starts breaking up during a goal line clearance!

If I could I would man, loved having a PSP back in the day but ain't much Vita games appealing to me but the remote play feature and if that isn't the best I don't think I'll take the chance.

Borderlands 2 is on the VITA its not a great port but its very fun to play on it. Another great game on the vita is the Sonic racing game.

The list is endless from Indie games to JPRG to Mainstream games the vita and even the WII U are one of the must underrated games consoles you can get.

I have had the Vita from the day it came out 4 years ago i still play it to this day while on the other hand me 3DS stills there and i am like meh other then pokemon and mario there is noting that intrasts me on it.

No I don't. I have tried Indie games, most the ones that come up on Plus and there all mostly the same thing, if they ain't side scrollers there platformers and that might appeal to you, they don't to me.

And I wasn't saying Destiny or FIFA are the only games I'm into, there just the ones I play the most and the ones I'd be more interested in using remote play for.

I play a lot of open world games, GTA/Dying Light/Dragon Age/Assasins Creed etc. so if the Remote play is no good to them I don't think I'll bother with the Vita unless I can get one for a bargain some where down the line I might give it a chance.

I play a lot of open world games, GTA/Dying Light/Dragon Age/Assasins Creed etc. so if the Remote play is no good to them I don't think I'll bother with the Vita unless I can get one for a bargain some where down the line I might give it a chance.

I'm open to correction but open world games on remote play is not a pleasant experience. I started Far Cry 4 on remote play, even if the connection stays good, the general trying to play it just seems like the game is too big for the screen, if that makes sense. It actually started making me dizzy. The missing L2-R2 buttons is a pain as you've to tap the back of the Vita for these options. I heard that there is an R2-L2 adaptor that you can put on the Vita, haven't heard much reports on them.

I would suggest that getting a new Vita for the sole purpose of playing the open world games you mentioned above on remote play would be a bad purchase.

van_beano wrote: »
    I'm open to correction but open world games on remote play is not a pleasant experience. I started Far Cry 4 on remote play, even if the connection stays good, the general trying to play it just seems like the game is too big for the screen, if that makes sense. It actually started making me dizzy. The missing L2-R2 buttons is a pain as you've to tap the back of the Vita for these options. I heard that there is an R2-L2 adaptor that you can put on the Vita, haven't heard much reports on them.

I would suggest that getting a new Vita for the sole purpose of playing the open world games you mentioned above on remote play would be a bad purchase.

That's sh*t so, thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

From what I've read online it all depends on if the game is optimized for vita. I heard Fallout 4 is meant to play really well on vita since they actually spent time tweaking the controls, apparent GTAV is pretty decent as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I play Madden on my Vita via remote play occasionally (from my bedroom probably 15 yards from the PS4) and I don't notice any issues with lag - every few minutes the quality of the stream breaks down for a few seconds but is still largely playable. On the whole it plays exactly like it does on the PS4. I imagine that FIFA would be similar. Not tried any open world games.

The lack of L2/R2/L3/R3 are a pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

That vita 1000 l2r2 grip available for pre order again http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

petejmk wrote: »
    That vita 1000 l2r2 grip available for pre order again http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh
    *clicks link*

*looks at background*

Uhhh...what?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

*clicks link*

*looks at background*

Uhhh...what?

Mentioned here previously

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056322742/808

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

petejmk wrote: »

So I ordered this a day or two ago.

How long does delivery normally take from these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So I ordered this a day or two ago.

How long does delivery normally take from these guys?

I have had stuff delivered in 10-12 days, but sometimes 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Xenji wrote: »
    I have had stuff delivered in 10-12 days, but sometimes 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for that. I'm in no rush but looking forward to getting it all the same.

Be interesting to see does it work.

Also **** the scalpers on eBay looking for €100 for the item. Good enough for them. It was always going to get another release considering it sold out so fast the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Anyone know if Resident Evil 2 works on vita, It doesn't say on the store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone know if Resident Evil 2 works on vita, It doesn't say on the store.

I bought Resident Evil 3 and it worked fine on the vita. Can't see there being any issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I played through Resident Evil 2 on Vita. Ran fine. Bought it in the 1-3 bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So is there a reason why the main PS2-era GTA games are not on Vita? Rockstar have ported them everywhere and love making more cash on these but I think they'd be perfect on the smaller screen.

Or have they been ported over and I just asked a silly question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have a ps4 and was looking at the vita.

When the vita launched I bought it straight away and the library was imo terrible at the time so sold the console

May be a biased place to ask but thoughts on the vita now? Worth a buy to use with ps4 etc? I'm between buying and not tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement