Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I am still waiting to see when the ps1 games are available to download before I decide if I us my US or Irish account,can you download this without a ps3 or vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianmcdon

Anybody know if there will be midnight launches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Most gamestops are(midnight launches) HMV swords are probably doing one(where Im going) so I imagine grafton street definitely will.

Is anybody going to go to the Vita Vaults that are coming in the next week or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

brianmcdon wrote: »
    Is anybody going to go to the Vita Vaults that are coming in the next week or so?

ill check out the limerick one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

cloud493 wrote: »
    Most gamestops are(midnight launches) HMV swords are probably doing one(where Im going) so I imagine grafton street definitely will.

The gamestop in balbriggan told me they would probably be open at 8 in the morning. As it wasnt popular enough to do a midnight launch. But did say they would let us know the day before by text

Well HMV in swords is maybe doing one. Either way, store opens at nine, I live 5 minutes walk away, no bother :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't believe it's only a week away now,can't wait

Less than a week ;) 157 hours if you want to be specific :p

More than a week for me not looking forward to weds, thurs and friday next week, there going to be long days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

My local Gamestop has the demo Vitas in this morning so they should be in most other stores today/soon also.

LOL PEOPLE STILL SHOP IN TOWN & STORES rude staff over priced products

looking at you gamestop & game

since i discovered amazon years ago i never used the high strret

3ds game in game/gamestop 45-50 euro in amazon 35 euro

ps3 game in game/gamestop 45-55 euro in amazon 35 euro

ps vita game in game/gamestop 50 euro amazon 35 euro

LOL PEOPLE STILL SHOP IN TOWN & STORES rude staff over priced products

looking at you gamestop & game

since i discovered amazon years ago i never used the high strret

3ds game in game/gamestop 45-50 euro in amazon 35 euro

ps3 game in game/gamestop 45-55 euro in amazon 35 euro

ps vita game in game/gamestop 50 euro amazon 35 euro

good for you i prefer having the nice staff at my local gamestop give me discount for being a good customer, also not waiting for a delivery and someone to go back to if i have an issuue

Lol amazon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I like my local GameStop. When I talk to the amazon website nobody listens to me, I just get blank thick look back at me :(.

Yes, you can get better bargains online, but I like my consoles and new releases bough in Brock and mortar shops. I love to have a chat with local GameStop lads. Very friendly staff.

On topic: **** all mid night release good for me :D. I am working from 5:00 in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lol amazon :rolleyes:

I agree, their low prices and excellent customer service really grinds my gears.

Exactly. The fact nothing I've ever ordered from has come on time, and has been on 3 separate ocasions damaged or wrong :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Less than a week ;) 157 hours if you want to be specific :p

Fine!!!! Jeeze :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Amazon don't try to upsell me strategy guides, novellas, disc protection and other crap I don't want. If I do buy games in-store it'll be HMV, Tesco or Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

ShaneU wrote: »
    Amazon don't try to upsell me strategy guides, novellas, disc protection and other crap I don't want. If I do buy games in-store it'll be HMV, Tesco or Smyths.

...but it does give you suggestions of other games similar to the one you are buying, what other people have bought who viewed this and send you weekly newsletters.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Looks like no Vita games landed on PSN this week according to the PS blog.

Before I get the Vita, and because the memory cards available are quite small, I want to put together a music folder so that I can transfer it directly to the Vita when I get it. Mostly, these tracks will be used during play as a sort of custom soundtrack.

Anyway, my music is in a number of different formats and bitrates. My questions are:
    • What is the best format [good quality but small filesize] to put my music into?
    [Based on my own reading, WMA and AAC are suggested. Can you confirm]
    • And what software will most easily convert it into that for me?
    [And will it allow my to streamline the bitrates?]

i cant speak highly enough of amazon and there pricing ps vita 8gb card and game for 268 find me a cheaper deal ill believe you

Otacon wrote: »
    Before I get the Vita, and because the memory cards available are quite small, I want to put together a music folder so that I can transfer it directly to the Vita when I get it. Mostly, these tracks will be used during play as a sort of custom soundtrack.

Anyway, my music is in a number of different formats and bitrates. My questions are:
    • What is the best format [good quality but small filesize] to put my music into?
    [Based on my own reading, WMA and AAC are suggested. Can you confirm]
    • And what software will most easily convert it into that for me?
    [And will it allow my to streamline the bitrates?]

cant answer none of that but fantastic idea lol

caspa307 wrote: »
    cant answer none of that but fantastic idea lol

I searched for an Audio forum as it may be more appropriate there but couldn't find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

Beginning next week I predict crazy Vita bundles to grab the early adopters attention. So hold off since there is no shortage (at least none identified).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

3G or wifi??? not to sound whiny I just can't decide???

3G or wifi??? not to sound whiny I just can't decide???

WiFi
    - Its cheaper.
    - If you have a smartphone, you can tether your Vita to it and use its Internet connection.

3G
    - It is SIM-free so you can get a cheaper deal with 3 or Meteor.
    - It includes GPS [read that the WiFi version does not have this]

I went with WiFi BTW

heres hoping gravity daze comes to europe retail if not ill import

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    WiFi
    - Its cheaper.
    - If you have a smartphone, you can tether your Vita to it and use its Internet connection.

3G
    - It is SIM-free so you can get a cheaper deal with 3 or Meteor.
    - It includes GPS [read that the WiFi version does not have this]

I went with WiFi BTW

im goin with 3g cos i have a **** phone and also i have a suspicion that in 6 months itll be worth it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement