Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

caspa307 wrote: »
    have a suspicion that in 6 months itll be worth it

what makes ya think that?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Otacon wrote: »
    WiFi
    - Its cheaper.
    - If you have a smartphone, you can tether your Vita to it and use its Internet connection.

3G
    - It is SIM-free so you can get a cheaper deal with 3 or Meteor.
    - It includes GPS [read that the WiFi version does not have this]

I went with WiFi BTW

3G also comes with Wipeout, and it might be coming with two other of the PSN games like it does in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Got my preorder pack :D £5 off super stardust is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

what is the point of getting a 3G Vita?

when using the 3G aspect of it you can only use it for turn based games, so completely useless for wipeout or fifa or similar?

what am i missing? what amazing features can 3g suddenly unlock 6 months down the line? seems like a total waste of extra cash to pony up for one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

BArra wrote: »

when using the 3G aspect of it you can only use it for turn based games, so completely useless for wipeout or fifa or similar?

what am i missing? what amazing features can 3g suddenly unlock 6 months down the line? seems like a total waste of extra cash to pony up for one

I hear if you rig it up with a flux capacitor it will allow you to travel back in time. Although you'll be limited by 3g speeds in terms of time travel though...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

complete waste of money so ;)

most people buying this device is more than likely tech savvy and would already have a smartfone to tether, surf web, facebook, etc

essentially the 3g is useless unless u wanna download psn demos or updates that come in under 20mb, or enjoy playing chess

I think according to the gametrailers hardware review, it comes with a facebook app :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

heres hoping gravity daze comes to europe retail if not ill import

It'll be download only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

BArra wrote: »

quite simply ps2 games went online today on a slim ps3 which could never play ps2 games before, plus i travel alot and sometimes dont have access to wifi all the time, also, you can play games using the 3g.

im not forcing you to get one, but netflix without wifi, using my 10 gb appeals to me

http://ie.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1217479p1.html

ShaneU wrote: »
    It'll be download only

according to the director of the game on twitter hes in talk to get it to retail

and a sequal may be coming :)

im gonna import in may if its only download only

• Advertisement

quite simply ps2 games went online today on a slim ps3 which could never play ps2 games before, plus i travel alot and sometimes dont have access to wifi all the time, also, you can play games using the 3g.

im not forcing you to get one, but netflix without wifi, using my 10 gb appeals to me

http://ie.vita.ign.com/articles/121/1217479p1.html

Step back a sec there! PS2 games playable on PS3 slim?

chrislad wrote: »
    Step back a sec there! PS2 games playable on PS3 slim?

yup download only atm but a firmware update will allow discs later this year

Are discs coming?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are discs coming?

apperentl later this year ill find the link as soon as im home.

apperentl later this year ill find the link as soon as im home.

Do please! I have the whole Legacy of Kain series that's calling out for a replay as I got the first two on PSN.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hardware-analysis-playstation-vita/726880

Gametrailers hardware analysis. Nothing we don't already know mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Those ads are terrible. Here's an idea, it starts with a full screen look at wipeout in full flow with the soundtrack blasting, the camera slowly draws back until you see someone playing the vita. People would be amazed that a handheld can run those graphics.

They stole my idea for MK:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FDdfyRbbU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

post by gamestop regarding instore pricing

GameStop Ireland Hi Dani, pricing is pretty much the same for both on this, check in-store for our trade-in offers on Vita! No Midnight launches planned. Our stores now have PS Vita consoles instore so ask our staff for a demo!2 hours ago · Like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    Before I get the Vita, and because the memory cards available are quite small, I want to put together a music folder so that I can transfer it directly to the Vita when I get it. Mostly, these tracks will be used during play as a sort of custom soundtrack.

Anyway, my music is in a number of different formats and bitrates. My questions are:
    • What is the best format [good quality but small filesize] to put my music into?
    [Based on my own reading, WMA and AAC are suggested. Can you confirm]
    • And what software will most easily convert it into that for me?
    [And will it allow my to streamline the bitrates?]

If anyone is interested, I ended up getting AVS Audio Converter and using the OGG format. After converting to a 'Good' quality [based on the app's scale], the size was about 70% of its original size.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Got a chance to play Golden Abyss in the local Gamestop in Tipp! Mightily impressed by the graphics, controls, feel etc. Placed my pre order €30 deposit down for Wifi, Golden Abyss + 16gb card for €329 and I got my preorder pack there and then. Roll on the 22nd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Got a chance to play Golden Abyss in the local Gamestop in Tipp! Mightily impressed by the graphics, controls, feel etc. Placed my pre order €30 deposit down for Wifi, Golden Abyss + 16gb card for €329 and I got my preorder pack there and then. Roll on the 22nd!

well this just bloody confirms the bull**** gamestop waterford have told some of us on here

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

shin

ok cant find that link, pretty sure its on kokatu though,

so what bundles is everyone getting?

im gonna go for the wifi 16gb with uncharted, and get everybodys golf, marvel vs capcom and rayman

im due an upgrade at the end of march so can get a decent phone then :P(for hotspots)

will trade in a few extra games on the ps3 to and will get gravity rush fifa and some psn card (hopefully)

you paid 330 in gamestop only 300 amazon

you paid 330 in gamestop only 300 amazon

nope i paid ****all i traded in a 3ds and 4 games,;) and i wouldnt have been able to do that on amazon plus id still be waiting for it come wensday, also if anything goes wrong i vcan just bring it back to gamestop what will you do if yours freezes up (not being smart but ive never heard of anyne having a good return experience with amazon)

nope i paid ****all i traded in a 3ds and 4 games,;) and i wouldnt have been able to do that on amazon plus id still be waiting for it come wensday, also if anything goes wrong i vcan just bring it back to gamestop what will you do if yours freezes up (not being smart but ive never heard of anyne having a good return experience with amazon)
    Same reasons as myself, and I buy alot from Amazon but I have been caught with their late deliverys in the past but its being able to trade in a few games etc which made Gamestop the obvious choice!

shinzon wrote: »
    well this just bloody confirms the bull**** gamestop waterford have told some of us on here

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

shin
    Unleash hell in there the next time you call in to them!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ok might be a stupid question but I'd like wipeout on vita so shod I just get a 3G vita, I have a iphone4 so I can create a personal hotspot.

Ok might be a stupid question but I'd like wipeout on vita so shod I just get a 3G vita, I have a iphone4 so I can create a personal hotspot.

that was my dilemma till i broke my iphone lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

cloud493 wrote: »

Maybe they were told that they couldn't cancel their preorder, or that it was too much trouble if it was ordered online. But yeah, whatever the reason, it's daft! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement