Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 captainkrusty

i have no bias towards either online retailers eg. amazon or shops eg. gamestop but the best bundle deal ive come across for the vita is the gamestop bundle of the wifi vita, uncharted and a 16gb card for €329.99. the corresponding price for the exact same items on amazon is £286.90 (or €345). i understand that amazon offer a free 8gb card with every wifi vita but surely this is the best deal around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Would the HMV deal of 270 for the WiFi with either Uncharted or Fifa not work out better?

The memory card will hardly cost more than 50 quid :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Uncharted or FIFA is free when bought with the console(if preordered) at HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Would the HMV deal of 270 for the WiFi with either Uncharted or Fifa not work out better?

The memory card will hardly cost more than 50 quid :confused:

I was told in an earlier post that its now 250 with Uncharted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

cloud493 wrote: »
    Uncharted or FIFA is free when bought with the console(if preordered) at HMV.

Gah, didn't realise you had to preorder. I may not get into my local one until Monday or maybe even launch day.

Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So If I Preorder in hmv i can get uncharted + the vita for 250 (is there anything instore that says this as I was in sunday and saw nothing + do yo need to preorder)

If true though my 32gb card was €72 + €250 = 322 lol its better than everywhere :)

If I pay 30euro deposit in HMV with cash do I get pre-order pack and also if on launch day I go to collect and pay full with voucher will I get my 30euro cash back and use voucher for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The 30 euro will come off the price of the vita, yes, then you can pay for the rest with your voucher.

cloud493 wrote: »
    The 30 euro will come off the price of the vita, yes, then you can pay for the rest with your voucher.

Cheers, may get my bro to pre-order for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Im about to pick up the 3G version here in New Zealand next week but if I do will I be able to put in an Irish sim when I get home? I know that NZ and Ireland have the same region but I'm unsure about sim cards ie it being locked. Any help would be great. Cheers!

• Advertisement

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Im about to pick up the 3G version here in New Zealand next week but if I do will I be able to put in an Irish sim when I get home? I know that NZ and Ireland have the same region but I'm unsure about sim cards ie it being locked. Any help would be great. Cheers!

AFAIK any sim card worldwide will work..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

AFAIK any sim card worldwide will work..

yeah its completly sim free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

So is the 3G version worth it?
    I haven't read up much about the difference but what exactly do I benefit from getting 3G? I can use the internet anywhere?

I haven't read up much about the difference but what exactly do I benefit from getting 3G? I can use the internet anywhere?

im still debating but im leaning towards it based on its better to have and not need then need and not have lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Debating between getting a wifi model, 8gb card and preorder pack for €250 or the wifi model and 32gb card for €305.

I have a 16gb psp go and that filled up quick so leaning towards getting the 32gb.

It is only 50euro extra and you get Wipeout 2048 completely free when you top up vodafone by 5euro... So maybe it is worth it, I think I will get wifi though as don't have much money to spend..
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Debating between getting a wifi model, 8gb card and preorder pack for €250 or the wifi model and 32gb card for €305.

I have a 16gb psp go and that filled up quick so leaning towards getting the 32gb.

Where are you getting wifi and 8gb card for 250?...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Amazon.fr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ShaneU wrote: »

get a 32gb card

you'll definitely use it

i got a 4gb one with mine and it's almost full already. if you're gonna be buying your games from PSN then you need a 32gb card

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Helix wrote: »
    get a 32gb card

you'll definitely use it

i got a 4gb one with mine and it's almost full already. if you're gonna be buying your games from PSN then you need a 32gb card
    where can you get a 32gb card from?? all shops are saying 16gb max??

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    any idea what that is in euros delivered?

probably about €85

helix i take it you have had hands on experience with the console?? if so what are the best games release day purchases and 3g or wifi??

yeah ive got one here. wifi for me, no point in 3g if you've got a smartphone since you'll be able to tether wirelessly anyway

as for must haves, depends what you're looking for really. uncharted is a belter, wipeout is essential if you're into the series, little deviants is surprisingly decent fun, modnation racers is decent, escape plan is very, very clever and super stardust is... well super stardust, which isn't a bad thing

any of those would be a decent start

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

can you use two separate psn accounts on the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

can you use two separate psn accounts on the vita

No, not easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

I ordered the WiFi, 16gb card, uncharted and wipeout from gamestop. I rang them yesterday to change from the WiFi to 3g. So should I cancel wipeout as I will be getting it when I top up with Vodafone yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

dclewis wrote: »
    I ordered the WiFi, 16gb card, uncharted and wipeout from gamestop. I rang them yesterday to change from the WiFi to 3g. So should I cancel wipeout as I will be getting it when I top up with Vodafone yeah.

I'm almost certain that you need to get the PSVita from Vodafone themselves to get the free game

NOTE: I could be completely wrong about this!

EDIT: Ignore me. I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    I'm almost certain that you need to get the PSVita from Vodafone themselves to get the free game

NOTE: I could be completely wrong about this!

gamestop have a leaflet instore and in a small red box it says "wipeout2048 available for download at no extra charge when you join vodafone"

the manager of the limerick store is looking into it and gonna get back to me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement