Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

now that you might be able to do. good shout sir

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

LazyBaker wrote: »
    Also, xtravision bundles:
    Wifi, 4gb card, fifa = €280
    3G, 4gb card, fifa = €330

Can anyone else confirm this? Also will GAME price match against local stores? And will Tesco be sell Vita stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That sounds about right. The vita is relatively cheap compared to the 3DS launch, I paid 289.99 for a 3DS and pilotwings last year

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Also, xtravision bundles:
    Wifi, 4gb card, fifa = €280
    3G, 4gb card, fifa = €330

Can anyone else confirm this? Also will GAME price match against local stores? And will Tesco be sell Vita stuff?

I'd like to note; I got this price when I rang one of two xtravisions in Tralee. The other store offered no bundles. Maybe it is a local offer, but I dont think so. I havent known xtravision to do local offers.

I'd like to note; I got this price when I rang one of two xtravisions in Tralee. The other store offered no bundles. Maybe it is a local offer, but I dont think so. I havent known xtravision to do local offers.

Going to ring about now thanks will confirm my reply..

• Advertisement

Yep that deal is right, seems best deal for me.. Was told however they can't guarantee me a console on launch which worries me..

Stores are only getting in the amount of consoles that have been preordered, then they'll get some in for regular stock a week later, so preordering really is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

I can confirm it, just pre ordered mine in the Knocknaccara, Galway Xtra-vision branch for €280, €30 deposit and i got the Pre-order pack and was guaranteed that it'll be waiting for me on Wednesday

I can confirm it, just pre ordered mine in the Knocknaccara, Galway Xtra-vision branch for €280, €30 deposit and i got the Pre-order pack and was guaranteed that it'll be waiting for me on Wednesday

Mine wont be guaranteed fml :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Mine wont be guaranteed fml :(

If you can't get a guarantee for launch then Amazon would be better with a 8GB card.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    If you can't get a guarantee for launch then Amazon would be better with a 8GB card.

How much in euros is it and what do you get? May get bro to pre-order in Dublin or may try few other local stores.. May also buy online gamestop..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

I just got a reply on twitter from Vodafone regarding the data plans and the Wipeout deal.

"Vodafone Ireland@VodafoneIreland

@bazzz It will use our mobile broadband plans. The game be redeemable upon registration on My Vodafone (require a €20 top up for prepaid."

Ok I kinda knew about the data plan for the Vita already from my thread on the Vodafone boards.But I wasn't expecting a €20 topup to gain access to the Wipeout code.

bazzz wrote: »
    I just got a reply on twitter from Vodafone regarding the data plans and the Wipeout deal.

"Vodafone Ireland@VodafoneIreland

@bazzz It will use our mobile broadband plans. The game be redeemable upon registration on My Vodafone (require a €20 top up for prepaid."

Ok I kinda knew about the data plan for the Vita already from my thread on the Vodafone boards.But I wasn't expecting a €20 topup to gain access to the Wipeout code.

That is a joke it was previously announced that it only required €5 top up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im baffled why anyone would go for the 3g version to be honest. it's severely limited in what you can do download wise, and it's an additional recurring payment. how much online gaming do people forking up reckon they're gonna do? you can't even download games from the PS store with it like

and the browser is awful

tethering to your phone idea far better solution, and if you dont have that option its still not worth the extra expense IMO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Add to that the fact that you won't be able to play games properly over 3G anyway.

Turn based stuff would be fine but anything else would be far too laggy.

For anybody possibly heading up north/to the UK, asda will be selling the vita wifi for £179.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Regarding vodafone; I enquired about their prices for the system. They only carry the 3G unit, of course.

"Hi, its €299 on Pay as you go and €199.00 on a bill. Includes the wipeout game."

Bills are identical to the mobile internet plans as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

From the Vodafone site
    WipEout® 2048 Promotional Offer Terms and Conditions
    To receive the WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PlayStation®Network (PSN) voucher code you will need to first register on myvodafone.ie the Vodafone SIM card that shipped in box with the PS Vita system or which you were given when you purchased the PS Vita system in a Vodafone Retail channel.
    Details of the voucher code will be sent to the email address which you enter during registration on myvodafone.ie. For PS Vita systems purchased in Sony Channels only SIMs shipped in box will be eligible for this offer.
    Pay as you go customers will need to TopUp by €20 in one go on the PS Vita system to be eligible for this offer.
    WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher codes will be distributed within 10 days of registration for bill pay customers and within 10 days of TopUp by €20 for pay as you go customers. Details will be sent to the email address provided during myvodafone.ie registration.
    To redeem a WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher codes, you will need (i) the specified hardware; (ii) a PlayStation®Network account (PSN account); and (iii) broadband internet service. .
    Unless otherwise stated, WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher codes can only be redeemed once by you. WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher are not redeemable for cash or credit and cannot be exchanged, transferred, sold or returned for a cash refund (except as required by law).
    WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher codes must be redeemed by midnight (CET) on 31 August 2013.
    WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher codes will not be replaced if lost, damaged, stolen or otherwise used without your permission.
    A WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher code can only be redeemed through PSN in those countries where PlayStation®Store is available. Additional territorial restrictions may apply. .
    If a WIPEOUT® 2048 PROMOTION PSN voucher code is defective, your only remedy, and our only liability, is the replacement of such PSN voucher code.

Was going to get the 3G one as I had the credit to cover it, but might not bother now. Don't need a Vodafone sim as I have a Meteor one I can use for free, as I can spend 50quid on Wipeout and still have change. It's not a game I'm dying for anyways.

GAME deals announced.. 275 wifi and FIFA.. Bit disappointed doesn't even come with a memory card..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Game deals

393976_363419107010349_144166562268939_1347334_645330799_n.jpg

425991_363419170343676_144166562268939_1347335_1334622602_n.jpg

430037_363419327010327_144166562268939_1347337_1032717752_n.jpg

Not great tbh, HMV is best for bricks and mortar so far.

Ordered a 32gb card and thrustmaster VIP case myself.

• Advertisement

That game deal is 25 euro more dear than buying it at HMV

Not great. 375 for the 3G Vita, Uncharted and an 8gb memory card as well as a ****ty GAMEWare case. GameStop are 380 for the 3G Vita, Uncharted and a 16gb card. Poor effort, especially since they are last to market with their bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

chrislad wrote: »
    Not great. 375 for the 3G Vita, Uncharted and an 8gb memory card as well as a ****ty GAMEWare case. GameStop are 380 for the 3G Vita, Uncharted and a 16gb card. Poor effort, especially since they are last to market with their bundles.
    Expected this from game really, a fool wouldn't go to game for gaming info not to mind make a purchase there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I payed 30 off the vita and 2 euro off fifa in game,anyone any idea how much i'm gonna have to pay?

I payed 30 off the vita and 2 euro off fifa in game,anyone any idea how much i'm gonna have to pay?

243 euro is what you should have left to pay..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

243 euro is what you should have left to pay..

great,I might get a 16gig card and a case too

274.99 - (30 + 2) = what you have to pay!

Don't worry about carrying the 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

cloud493 wrote: »
    That game deal is 25 euro more dear than buying it at HMV

€269 in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

€269 in HMV
    Can't wait to get into hmv 2moro and see whats going on with the price its either 250 or 270 it cant be both lol.

Also Game are having a laugh tbh and whats with fifa being the only game bundled in some shops its not that good???

• Advertisement

I was told, in my job in HMV, and in the store I preordered in, uncharted is free with preorder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement