Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just rang Game there and heres what they say abou Psp trade ins.

Psp 1000s are only worth 30.The 2000/3000 are worth 40 and the Pspgo is worth 45.

If the HMV one allows the psp 1000 at 83 then its a great deal.

psp 1000 are they the very first ones?released in 2005?I suppose it would have to be in immaculate condition?all the buttons working and what not :o?can you trade in psp games too to get money off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

PSP games are worth practically nothing, you'd be better off keeping them. I just bought rayman origins for the PS3, and its made me want it for the vita. Will they be separate trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just rang Game there and heres what they say abou Psp trade ins.

Psp 1000s are only worth 30.The 2000/3000 are worth 40 and the Pspgo is worth 45.

If the HMV one allows the psp 1000 at 83 then its a great deal.

Gamestop gave me €75 for my PSP3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

cloud493 wrote: »
    PSP games are worth practically nothing, you'd be better off keeping them. I just bought rayman origins for the PS3, and its made me want it for the vita. Will they be separate trophies?

For Rayman they are separate, i think there are actual some differences in the lists.

Some games like those that you only need to buy once may have a combined list.

MotorStorm RC / Hustle Kings / Top Darts are the ones to look at for this.

Thats great, thanks :) Definitely getting it, brilliant game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ya thats what I was thinking,I hope I can get something for psp 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Varik wrote: »
    Some games like those that you only need to buy once may have a combined list.

MotorStorm RC / Hustle Kings / Top Darts are the ones to look at for this.

Apparently (post off EU blog) Motorstorm will synchronise the trophies and save data between PS3 and Vita, it alluded that it was two list that were both unlocked at the same time ( 2 plats).

I think it's kinda cheap if getting a platinum once will unlock the other systems version if you have both, if it's separate then at least the person work twice as hard to unlock both ( if it's some easy kids game then you just showing how low you are x2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Does anyone actually care about trophies that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

This has probably been posted before, but anyway... MUST READ, CLICK HERE!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

DarkDusk wrote: »
    This has probably been posted before, but anyway... MUST READ, CLICK HERE!

Holy crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the sticks arent good enough for an fps

Nal wrote: »
    Holy crap.

Ya, it's an OMG moment!

Ya, it's an OMG moment!

why?

it's creating hype for a product on a new system, he's hardly gonna come out and go "yeah i've looked at cod and it's looking decent actually, could be very good" when he can do "jesus its the most incredible thing in the history of the world and you're going to NEED a vita to experience it - coincidentally, the vita is available next week, priced at just $250"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nal wrote: »
    83? Even for a psp 1000? Do they check it's working do you know?

It said psp 3000, don't know about the others.

Anyway was in the vita vault at Stephen's Green today (thanks to Dav and boards for organising it)

Initial impressions are good, sticks are infinitely better than the nub on the psp but not as good as on a dualshock3. The screen is fantastic, very bright and clear. Gravity Rush demo blew me away, so impressed with that game. Virtua Tennis was the best looking game of the few I played, definitely getting that. I kept touching the rear touchpad by accident in fifa and shooting from miles away :o Wipeout looks good but I agree with reviews that say the sense of speed is missing for some reason, maybe I was playing on a lower speed class or something. Super Stardust another great game, well worth €10.

A few negatives: Tried using the maps app and it took AGES to load, and that was using wifi! Near app wasn't on the demo unit I had wanted to see how that worked. Browser was also pretty bad, why are sony so bad with internet speeds?

Does anyone actually care about trophies that much?

I do.

Helix wrote: »
    why?

it's creating hype for a product on a new system, he's hardly gonna come out and go "yeah i've looked at cod and it's looking decent actually, could be very good" when he can do "jesus its the most incredible thing in the history of the world and you're going to NEED a vita to experience it - coincidentally, the vita is available next week, priced at just $250"

Well, when COD comes to Vita, it will push even more people to buy the system, because a lot of people don't care about playing games other than COD (not me by the way, I can't stand the game). Very good news for the future of the Vita though, more vita sales = more games.

I do.

Fair enough.

Seeing as i split my time between the PS3, Wii and emulators, i've never really got into the whole trophy thing. If it's a game i love and the trophies are fun and challenging (i'm currently going through Wipeout HD/Fury, have all bar 6 or 7) that's sound, but when it's 'collect 100 of this or that' it feels like a waste of time.

Any word on the finish (matte or gloss) to the screen protectors in the official Starter Kit?

Well, when COD comes to Vita, it will push even more people to buy the system, because a lot of people don't care about playing games other than COD (not me by the way, I can't stand the game). Very good news for the future of the Vita though, more vita sales = more games.

yeah but COD was always coming to the Vita? I guess i'm just trying to figure out why there was an OMG or MUST READ THIS reaction to it i suppose

Any word on the finish (matte or gloss) to the screen protectors in the official Starter Kit?

if theyre the official sony ones theyre gloss

and they're pleasingly easy to apply without bubbles (this coming from someone who has ruined about 15 different ipad screen protectors in the last year by putting them on wrong)

if theyre the official sony ones theyre gloss

and they're pleasingly easy to apply without bubbles (this coming from someone who has ruined about 15 different ipad screen protectors in the last year by putting them on wrong)

Cheers for the reply Helix :)

I wouldn't normally go for screen protectors, but i've had about half an hour hands-on time with the Vita, and yeah, it's gonna need them (more for my big greasy hands than actual scratches! :D)

• Advertisement

yeah but COD was always coming to the Vita? I guess i'm just trying to figure out why there was an OMG or MUST READ THIS reaction to it i suppose

Yes, I'm aware of that but only people that follow Vita news like ourselves in this thread would know that. PS3, Wii and 360 gamers who like to play COD and had little interest in the Vita (or didn't even know about it) might be persuaded to pick up the Vita now since COD will be on it. Just wait until ads for the new game crop up on TV and the Net! I meant that it's "OMG", "MUST READ" for the vita as a whole, in the long term. Also, I didn't expect it to be released so early after release...

Hope that clears everything up,
    James.

God its so close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

God its so close :D

im counting with ya buddie

so who's getting fifa? we'll all be able to play against each other :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

why?

What is the Canadian price?

$250

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone else nervous?? i just keep thinking psp and feeling let down on launch day and months after launch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I do.

I don't so much. The main reason I dropped the Xbox last week was that I was getting to involved in GamerScore, which is currently about 200k!!

The PS3 has a system obviously, but it's not as in your face, nor as visible, as the 360 one and I only plan to play games not and if I get them, I get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, i am still on a fence with this :(. i played it, loved it and then walked away. :(

will the prices of psp games be reduced in psn shop? as i am not impressed by uncharted at all! so i would be busy with PSN games i missed instead, but i dont fancy paying 40eu for one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Most of the good psp games are 24.99 or less plus they do psp sales every so often, I grabbed persona 1,3 and dissidia 12 for less than 50 euro :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement