Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

I need to order online and thinking of ordering from vg+(Canada), mainly for the courier delivery(have it by Friday!, had a bad experience from Amazon with the 3ds.

I w'ont be tied to a us account will i?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mthor5 wrote: »
    I need to order online and thinking of ordering from vg+(Canada), mainly for the courier delivery(have it by Friday!, had a bad experience from Amazon with the 3ds.

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its... 57 hours? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Mthor5 wrote: »

it's region free so games from any region will work. you can only use one psn account per memory card, so which account it's tied to will be entirely up to you

Does thing come with a USB cable in the box?

• Advertisement

yeah, the charger is usb based. there's the plug that goes into the wall then a usb cable with the proprietary vita connection that you can use to charge via the wall socked, or utilise the content manager via the ps3 or your pc (you need to untick enable usb charging or that won't work and you'll be left convinced the thing is borked)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

So I have been looking into the mapping of controls onto the right stick for PSP games. The mappable controls seem to be the dpad, the action buttons, and the left stick. In the "GTA Stories" games, the free camera is controlled by holding the left trigger and using the left stick. Does anyone know, through experience or reading on the web, whether it is possible to map this control to the right stick?

These games are about €7-8 on the PSN at the moment, they would be great to bolster my library, but the original controls are too frustrating and prohibitive for me.

Oh thats sound then. Just wasn't sure.

I was at HMV swords today. I bought sherlock series 2 on blu ray, and I asked the chap serving me, was the deal PS vita + free uncharted/fifa, he said yeah.
    I came back an hour and a half later, buying dead rising 2, different person serving, and I decided to pay a bit more of the vita off. I mentioned the vita + free game to her, and she hadn't heard of it :confused:

LazyBaker wrote: »
    So I have been looking into the mapping of controls onto the right stick for PSP games. The mappable controls seem to be the dpad, the action buttons, and the left stick. In the "GTA Stories" games, the free camera is controlled by holding the left trigger and using the left stick. Does anyone know, through experience or reading on the web, whether it is possible to map this control to the right stick?

These games are about €7-8 on the PSN at the moment, they would be great to bolster my library, but the original controls are too frustrating and prohibitive for me.

be very careful about buying psp games via psn for the moment. right now, nothing i bought in the store previously works with my vita. it SHOULD be patched to work for the 22nd according to playstation over here, but don't buy anything ahead of time just in case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

cloud493 wrote: »
    Oh thats sound then. Just wasn't sure.

I was at HMV swords today. I bought sherlock series 2 on blu ray, and I asked the chap serving me, was the deal PS vita + free uncharted/fifa, he said yeah.
    I came back an hour and a half later, buying dead rising 2, different person serving, and I decided to pay a bit more of the vita off. I mentioned the vita + free game to her, and she hadn't heard of it :confused:

They had posters up for the €270 with either Uncharted or Fifa in my local branch.

I'm pretty sure the free game offer doesn't exist or the staff in certain shops think the machine costs €270 and you're getting the game for free.

• Advertisement

Well thats stupid. I'l be in work tomorrow, I can find out for definite. Annoyed anyway, minimum price for this will be 290 then, with a small card and no case :mad:

a big card is essential too, got a 4gb one with mine and promptly replaced it with a 32gb one

How big? Not thinking a lot of games mind. Just super stardust and a few final fantasy PS1 games.

Helix wrote: »

be very careful about buying psp games via psn for the moment. right now, nothing i bought in the store previously works with my vita. it SHOULD be patched to work for the 22nd according to playstation over here, but don't buy anything ahead of time just in case

Thanks for the advice!

Doesn't it say whether the games are compatible in the blurb on PSN?

Pretty sure i saw it on a couple of titles last night.

cloud493 wrote: »
    How big? Not thinking a lot of games mind. Just super stardust and a few final fantasy PS1 games.

well there's allegedly an 8 year life cycle for the device, so there's no point getting a 4gb one anyway, you'll only end up replacing it by the summer. I'd say as big as you can afford, but no smaller than 8gb if you want it to last for a while without continually deleting and replacing files

Pretty sure that in the states every PSP game is compatible. I imagine that its a server side thing that, upon launch, it will work fine. IGN were reporting that they couldnt use a lot of software when they imported their Japanese vitas because the US infastructure wasnt activated yet.

Well money wise

PS vita - 250
    Uncharted - 20
    8GB card - 40 I think?
    Case - 25
    Rayman - 40

= 375 :mad:

I have a 16gb preordered but apparently it's quite easy to transfer stuff between the PS3/PC and the Vita so space will be more of an annoyance than a real issue.

what games are you interested in and ill tell you if they're in the vita store (they're the only ones that are definitely 100% compatible at the moment, but they expect to have more than 300 ready for tuesday)

• Advertisement

I have a 16gb preordered but apparently it's quite easy to transfer stuff between the PS3/PC and the Vita so space will be more of an annoyance than a real issue.

it is easy enough to do yeah, but i did it twice yesterday and both times the vita crashed at the end of the process. the backing up and restoration worked fine, just the device hung and was completely unresponsive afterwards, requiring a hard reset

Pretty sure that in the states every PSP game is compatible. I imagine that its a server side thing that, upon launch, it will work fine. IGN were reporting that they couldnt use a lot of software when they imported their Japanese vitas because the US infastructure wasnt activated yet.

it SHOULD work fine, but the fact that it's not working yet is a bit of a concern - the thing is out in a few days

Might go for lumines or wipeout instead of rayman... cash and all that.

what games are you interested in and ill tell you if they're in the vita store (they're the only ones that are definitely 100% compatible at the moment, but they expect to have more than 300 ready for tuesday)

That list of 300~ games isnt combatiblity in that sense. every psp game is compatible, those 300 are just the ones available thru the vita storefront. you can absolutely download any psp game through a ps3 and transfer it to your vita and it will work at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I believe that all PSP games will work with the Vita but you will need to install the ones not on the list via a PC or PS3

you can absolutely download any psp game through a ps3 and transfer it to your vita and it will work at launch

again though, it launches in a few days and that function doesnt work

so don't hold your breath

it SHOULD work fine, but the fact that it's not working yet is a bit of a concern - the thing is out in a few days

A valid concern, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Preordered min in HMV today €270 for the Vita & Uncharted hope my 32gb card arrives before wednesday. Also I saw no 16gb cards in stock anywhere only 4 & 8gb wonder if the 16gb is going to be in short supply for those who are getting it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Preordered min in HMV today €270 for the Vita & Uncharted hope my 32gb card arrives before wednesday. Also I saw no 16gb cards in stock anywhere only 4 & 8gb wonder if the 16gb is going to be in short supply for those who are getting it.

Dam do you mean none in stock in brick and mortar shops or online?also where are you getting the 32gb card? and how much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Dam do you mean none in stock in brick and mortar shops or online?also where are you getting the 32gb card? and how much?
    I got my 32gb card online at planetaxel for €72 about a week ago should be here tomorrow or tuesday the price has gone up slightly since then

I only saw stock of the 4 and 8gb cards in the high street shops I suppose they might just be coming into stock on Wednesday. Amazon should have loads anyway I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement