Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just after thinking, would it be possible to download games onto memory cards and then sell the memory card if you got bored of the games?.. Or does the games have to be loaded onto the same SEN/PSN account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

each memory card is tied to a PSN/SEN account, so unless you were also selling the log in information for the account, the games on the card wouldn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Why can't it be Wednesday :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I got my 32gb card online at planetaxel for €72 about a week ago should be here tomorrow or tuesday the price has gone up slightly since then

I only saw stock of the 4 and 8gb cards in the high street shops I suppose they might just be coming into stock on Wednesday. Amazon should have loads anyway I'd say

good game prices on that site,cheap,have you ordered off them before?anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

good game prices on that site,cheap,have you ordered off them before?anygood?

Planet Axel are excellent. Used to be known as axelmusic. Have used them loads of times over the past 5 or 6 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Helix wrote: »
    well there's allegedly an 8 year life cycle for the device, so there's no point getting a 4gb one anyway, you'll only end up replacing it by the summer. I'd say as big as you can afford, but no smaller than 8gb if you want it to last for a while without continually deleting and replacing files

well the final fantasy game range between 800 mb to 3 gb so go for the 16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Went to the Vaults (shipping container!) demo near stephens green earlier today and stayed playing games for 70 mins.

I tried the following:

Super Stardust Delta
    Virtua Tennis 4
    Fifa
    Ridge Racer
    Frobisher says
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Gravity Rush
    Wipeout 2048

That's all I can think of right now.
    My favourites were Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush and Fifa.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mystic86 wrote: »
    Went to the Vaults (shipping container!) demo near stephens green earlier today and stayed playing games for 70 mins.

I tried the following:

Super Stardust Delta
    Virtua Tennis 4
    Fifa
    Ridge Racer
    Frobisher says
    Uncharted Golden Abyss
    Gravity Rush
    Wipeout 2048

That's all I can think of right now.
    My favourites were Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush and Fifa.

what did you make of fifa?

paid mine off completley today :D

my bundle:
    wifi 16gb uncharted bundle,
    ultimate marvel vs capcom
    fifa
    everybodys golf
    starter pack
    rayman
    gravity rush
    and im not sure wether to get f1 or a 50 euro psn card

but for 550 im very happy (consdering 527.82 was trade ins) gotta love that 25% extra :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 captainkrusty

call of duty has been confirmed for the vita but will it be a port of the upcoming call of duty next november or an excluisive ps vita titl. i would prefer a full port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

what did you make of fifa?

I really liked FIFA the touch screen passing is brilliant, inch perfect through balls every time :D Rear touch pad shooting takes a little getting used to (mainly keeping your fingers from resting on it) but basically tap the bottom right corner and that where the shot goes. the rear pad is a map of the goal so no excuses for missing now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Think ill head into my local gamestop and preorder a 16gb card just in case there all snapped up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If I had to guess I would say most if not all 16gb cards in Gamestop are being put by for the Uncharted deal. Go to Smyths to get one they should have enough.

nowhere else to put it, so virtua tennis 4: world tour edition review is up: http://clickonline.com/games/review--virtua-tennis-4-world-tour-edition/6864/

another top notch vita launch title imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A patch has been released for Wipeout. It cuts the load times for races by about 40%.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

has a release date been confirmed for gravity rush ? cant seem to find one:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A patch has been released for Wipeout. It cuts the load times for races by about 40%.

That seemed to be one of the big complaints with that game, so that is huge if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just pre-ordered a vita 3G/Wifi + 16gb memory card + Virtua Tennis + Uncharted. Get Wipeout free.

Cost: $630 AUD not cheap so hopefully worth it!

Otacon wrote: »
    That seemed to be one of the big complaints with that game, so that is huge if true.

My apologies its actually 25% but will improve with more fixes according to the makers, http://www.theaveragegamer.com/2012/02/16/wipeout-2048-patch-drastically-improves-loading-times-and-adds-more-music/

If you’ve managed to play WipEout 2048 recently you will have noticed that the load times for events aren’t exactly what you’d call quick. Don’t worry, because help is at hand. Those clever boffins at Studio Liverpool have been beavering away on patch 1.01 which does the following:

■Improves load times by ~25%
    ■Enables PS3/Vita CrossPlay
    ■Adds a music track – Beelzedub by Orbital
    ■Fixes some other issues
    Incidentally, the Orbital track will be the multiplayer campaign lobby music.

We’ve also been told by Studio Liverpool’s head boffin technical director, Dr Stuart Lovegrove, that future updates will shrink the load times even further. Which is nice.

Patch 1.01 is already available to US WipEout 2048 owners, with the EU patch rolling out in time for the PS Vita and WipEout 2048s official release on the 22nd Feb 2012.

vex wrote: »
    has a release date been confirmed for gravity rush ? cant seem to find one:confused:

May 29th according to Gamestop & Amazon. This game will be massive and shift a lot of Vita's in Japan.

• Advertisement

May 29th according to Gamestop & Amazon. This game will be massive and shift a lot of Vita's in Japan.

it may be coming to retail in europe tho its downloadable day 1 on wednesday if it doesnt come to retail ill import for usa look amazing a new ip yeah

Otacon wrote: »

it is true. was patched last week. posted about it a page or 2 back

it's not quite 40% though

i was in gamestop just browsing someone asked me if i wanted to try the vita i said ok i know must staff in there i just browse aka amazon cheaper by 5-15 euro each time

so he asaked was i getting one i said yes

he said where

i said amazon

he was not happy about that

he asked me how much was it

i told him i got the vita wifi free 8gb memory card and rayman all for 269 euro

he told me we have that deal for 269 but no free memory card would you like to buy it here

i said no aka ill be losing out on a memory card ??? it would cost me 300 in gamestop if i bought what i wanted here

he was not happy LOL

i was in gamestop just browsing someone asked me if i wanted to try the vita i said ok i know must staff in there i just browse aka amazon cheaper by 5-15 euro each time

he said where

i said amazon

he told me we have that deal for 269 but no free memory card would you like to buy it here

i said no aka ill be losing out on a memory card ??? it would cost me 300 in gamestop if i bought what i wanted here

he was not happy LOL

When you told him you were going with amazon,did he try and snap it out of hands :D?

he said where

i said amazon

he was not happy LOL

lol such a troll :P no thats a good little deal there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmm do you think they will have few for sale for no preorders? I still have not preordered in GameStop. I am trying still to hold back, but somebody tells me I will at GameStop after work like a paffetic nerd :)

When you told him you were going with amazon,did he try and snap it out of hands :D?

pretty much yeah

pretty much yeah

typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Just saw a Vita ad on TV. Looks like the marketing campaign is kicking off!

For some reason they didn't have a release date and the shot of the vita at the end was about a second long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Anyone know if Game has a trade-in deal, using 3DS?

Gamestop seem to be giving €150 for it if traded against a Vita, which is pretty good - pretty much its value off the shelf, new. I've seen the deals Game are doing in the UK which seem to be similar, but is there confirmation of Irish values?

I'm tempted to trade mine in, but my preorder is with Game. I've a feeling Nintendo will have a new 3DS model out this year anyway, so if Game gave me practically full value for mine now, I'd probably take that offer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement