Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LookingFor wrote: »
    Anyone know if Game has a trade-in deal, using 3DS?

Gamestop seem to be giving €150 for it if traded against a Vita, which is pretty good - pretty much its value off the shelf, new. I've seen the deals Game are doing in the UK which seem to be similar, but is there confirmation of Irish values?

I'm tempted to trade mine in, but my preorder is with Game. I've a feeling Nintendo will have a new 3DS model out this year anyway, so if Game gave me practically full value for mine now, I'd probably take that offer.

150eu for 3ds?! I was told 100eu for 3ds + Any game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Anyone know if Game has a trade-in deal, using 3DS?

Gamestop seem to be giving €150 for it if traded against a Vita, which is pretty good - pretty much its value off the shelf, new. I've seen the deals Game are doing in the UK which seem to be similar, but is there confirmation of Irish values?

I'm tempted to trade mine in, but my preorder is with Game. I've a feeling Nintendo will have a new 3DS model out this year anyway, so if Game gave me practically full value for mine now, I'd probably take that offer.

i traded mine for 185 +25% so check with gamestop again mate cos i got 252 for the 3ds and 4 games but that was about 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

150eu for 3ds?! I was told 100eu for 3ds + Any game.

I forgot the game bit.

But unless my eyes were playing tricks, I'm pretty sure the poster in the window said €99 for the Vita when you trade in a 3DS+game, or 150 for the 3G version??

I could be wrong though! I only passed it this morning (Blanch) and could have sworn that's what it said. It's very similar to the deal Game is doing, in the UK at least. They're knocking £130 off the RRP when you trade in a 3DS, so that's why I was wondering what the euro values might be here.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/31/get-vita-for-as-little-as-80-at-gamestation/

caspa307 wrote: »
    i traded mine for 185 +25% so check with gamestop again mate cos i got 252 for the 3ds and 4 games but that was about 2 weeks ago

They gave you 185 just for the hardware?

I forgot the game bit.

But unless my eyes were playing tricks, I'm pretty sure the poster in the window said €99 for the Vita when you trade in a 3DS+game, or 150 for the 3G version??

I could be wrong though! I only passed it this morning (Blanch) and could have sworn that's what it said. It's very similar to the deal Game is doing, in the UK at least. They're knocking £130 off the price when you trade in a Vita, so that's why I was wondering what the euro values might be here.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/01/31/get-vita-for-as-little-as-80-at-gamestation/

thats in gamestop isnt it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

caspa307 wrote: »
    thats in gamestop isnt it

Yeah, the 150 off deal is Gamestop...at least if I was seeing things right!

I'm kind of tied to Game now though, so was wondering if they had something similar :\

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

HMV have their deals up in store.

Wi-fi with either Fifa or Uncharted for 269. Fifa + Uncharted 319.

Game should be the same but they will have a few games for 35euro (rayman F1 etc) and will take any game you don't lie back if brought back within the first week. They will also give you 239 for the vita itself if you want to trade it back in within the first 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I've pre ordered with GameStop very disappointed that they have been beaten on price by both hmv and xtra vision , Ive pre ordered now and I bet any money GameStop won't price match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

HMV have their deals up in store.

Wi-fi with either Fifa or Uncharted for 269. Fifa + Uncharted 319.

Game should be the same but they will have a few games for 35euro (rayman F1 etc) and will take any game you don't lie back if brought back within the first week. They will also give you 239 for the vita itself if you want to trade it back in within the first 2 weeks.

Coutesy of ShaneU
    393976_363419107010349_144166562268939_1347334_645330799_n.
    425991_363419170343676_144166562268939_1347335_1334622602_n.jpg[
    430037_363419327010327_144166562268939_1347337_1032717752_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

3G Vita - getting more and more pointless with each passing moment

http://www.clickonline.com/games/no-3g-support-for-mortal-kombat-vita/6883/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've pre ordered with GameStop very disappointed that they have been beaten on price by both hmv and xtra vision , Ive pre ordered now and I bet any money GameStop won't price match

I am in the same boat, may be even worse off as I have been trading in to get the 3g one since Christmas, I have €500 paid at the mo. So far Gamestop are at least €5 dearer than Smyths on several games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

The more I read about Gravity Daze/Rush the more I want to buy a Vita, seems like the real system seller to me.

Eurogamer review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-gravity-daze-review

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone know if game will have this cases on release day?

was gonna get this one but its been put back a week

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0070AUERC/ref=s9_bbs_gw_d0_g63_ir04?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0YWTF0KR1AQM6Y7XX3M4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

also I have a psp 1000,half the square button is missing and the R button doesn't work and no charger,will game accept it do ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My friends in the UK are saying amazon are dilly dallying about dispatching the Vita/stuff to go with the vita. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The more I read about Gravity Daze/Rush the more I want to buy a Vita, seems like the real system seller to me.

Eurogamer review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-20-gravity-daze-review

It's number 2 in the Japanese game charts http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40951/Japan/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have 600e credit with GameStop now so I'll be getting the following

PS Vita 3G with Uncharted and 16gig Card - 380
    Case - 25 or so.

I don't have concrete prices yet, so I'm going with 45e as an average.

Marvel Vs Capcom
    FIFA
    Ninja Gaiden
    Lumines
    Rayman

That should make up the balance. I'm still not decided on the 3G Vita. I may just get a 50€ PSN card instead. Have the voucher for Escape Plan for a mere 5 quid so I might get the voucher and get the likes of Super Stardust and Gravity Rush going by recent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Anyone order from gamestop website? And have you got an update regard shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

chrislad wrote: »

Case - 25 or so.

Marvel Vs Capcom
    FIFA
    Ninja Gaiden
    Lumines
    Rayman

That should make up the balance. I'm still not decided on the 3G Vita. I may just get a 50€ PSN card instead. Have the voucher for Escape Plan for a mere 5 quid so I might get the voucher and get the likes of Super Stardust and Gravity Rush going by recent reviews.

It may be a good idea to save some store credit for future titles?.. I personally wouldn't lash it all out in once as there will be better titles in the near future... But thats just my thoughts, so it's up to you..

Case - 25 or so.

Marvel Vs Capcom
    FIFA
    Ninja Gaiden
    Lumines
    Rayman

my bundle:
    wifi 16gb uncharted bundle,
    ultimate marvel vs capcom
    fifa
    everybodys golf
    starter pack
    rayman
    gravity rush
    and im not sure wether to get f1 or a 50 euro psn card

but for 550 im very happy (consdering 527.82 was trade ins) gotta love that 25% extra cool.gif

im getting that for 550 so 600 will get you some amount of stuff

seriously, dont bother with the 3g

as it stands there's a 20mb download limit, you can't play games on it, and a hell of a lot of developers aren't enabling 3g play for future titles since it's not very good

get the wifi one and get another game instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I am in the same boat, may be even worse off as I have been trading in to get the 3g one since Christmas, I have €500 paid at the mo. So far Gamestop are at least €5 dearer than Smyths on several games.

Really? They seem mostly the same to me.

You've probably made a few quid from their 25% bonus, so it probably offsets the costs.

Most places are offering different bundles at similar values, so the best deals are only on what you want.

• Advertisement

Gamestop are selling the games for 50? In smyths, you can get them for near enough 40 if you have a loyalty card :rolleyes:

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop are selling the games for 50? In smyths, you can get them for near enough 40 if you have a loyalty card :rolleyes:

what gamestop is that cos uncharted is 44.99 in william street in limerick and its 40 in smyths but the 25% per cent thing has worked out well for me

I was asking are they. Symths are selling them for 44.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Uncharted's RRP is 50 euro, don't pay more than 40 euro for anything else or you're being ripped off.

Well I'm getting Uncharted in the bundle. I'm saying, are gamestop selling it for the RRP? Might do in Dublin city centre anyway.

It may be a good idea to save some store credit for future titles?.. I personally wouldn't lash it all out in once as there will be better titles in the near future... But thats just my thoughts, so it's up to you..

In theory, yes, but I can always save up more money or trade in more stuff in the intervening period, and nothing is really jumping out for me until Final Fantasy X HD.

Helix wrote: »
    seriously, dont bother with the 3g

as it stands there's a 20mb download limit, you can't play games on it, and a hell of a lot of developers aren't enabling 3g play for future titles since it's not very good

get the wifi one and get another game instead

I've done a bit of research and I'm edging towards the WiFi as I don't think I will use the 3G often. It's just that I have a Meteor sim card with 5gigs a month for free that's just sitting there uselessly so I'm trying to find a use for it! I'll likely go with the WiFi and a PSN voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bear in mind, as I found out, the Vodafone / Wipeout deal requires a 20 euro top up.

Wifi Vita + Wipeout in Gamestop - €289
    3G Vita + Wipeout in Gamestop - €320

No brainer for me!

I've done a bit of research and I'm edging towards the WiFi as I don't think I will use the 3G often. It's just that I have a Meteor sim card with 5gigs a month for free that's just sitting there uselessly so I'm trying to find a use for it! I'll likely go with the WiFi and a PSN voucher.

will the meteor card even work with the vita? isn't it locked to vodafone exclusively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I see amazon.com are doing a promotion, buy 2 vita games and get 1 free. Not worth it for us European gamers though with the import fees and taxes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement