Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    I was asking are they. Symths are selling them for 44.99.

oh sorry lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Helix wrote: »
    will the meteor card even work with the vita? isn't it locked to vodafone exclusively?

nope there all sim free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I see amazon.com are doing a promotion, buy 2 vita games and get 1 free. Not worth it for us European gamers though with the import fees and taxes.

have you a link for that? can't find any mention of it on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

would it not be cheaper to buy from america? good promotion on at the moment!!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000772511

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

mystic86 wrote: »
    would it not be cheaper to buy from america? good promotion on at the moment!!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000772511

$54 added on for delivery and customs fees and it works out at over €100, and you wouldn't be able trade them in, not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cex takes american games.

I h8 the ****ing euro argos want 300 for the vita wifi and 350 for the 3g WTF

all these ads on the telly keep the money in ireland i will if you stop ****ing robbing me blind intil then all my money goes to the uk

Anyone know if HMV have the pre-order pack?

Yes we do. Only get it with a minimum 15e deposit. Headphones aren't bad quality really :p

Ah crap, don't think I can make it into town tomorrow. Thought I could just book it over the phone, only wanted it for the voucher.

Anyway tesco are selling the wifi model for €250 and the 3G for €300. Unless there's a last minute price change but I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Yes we do. Only get it with a minimum 15e deposit. Headphones aren't bad quality really :p

Seriously? I was just popping on to post the exact opposite! :D

Not long now, 08:00 Wednesday morning is within reach! Is it true that the Store is updating at midnight tomorrow night, instead of its usual mid-Wednesday update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Think I'm going to take the plunge on a Japanese one, Gravity Daze has sold it for me, had a wee play of it the other day here and it's excellent. That and having FFVII and VIII on the go......not to mention FFXHD....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

any date set over there for ffxhd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Helix wrote: »
    have you a link for that? can't find any mention of it on their site

http://www.techtv101.com/gadgets_vodafone-announced-as-the-preferred-partner-for-the-ps-vita-in-ireland

See the press release at the bottom.

It doesn't specifically say sim free, but just lists Vodafone as the preferred partner. I do remember reading the EU Blog and it said the same, but that it would work with other networks but that Sony were saying Vodafone was the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

any date set over there for ffxhd

Not that I've seen or heard, sorry!

One more sleep to go :D Be more excited if I hadn't got very little but anyway. Wish there was a midnight launch I could go to, pavilions doesn't open till 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Booked a half day from work tomorrow so straight in limerick at 11am:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Off tomorrow and day after. My local GameStop is open at 8, which is the time I have to drop my wife into college so its working out quite nicely;

I'm sure there are places in town opening earlier, but pavilions is so close, waste not to go there./

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Worryingly, my Gamestop order has not shipped yet so its looking like I won't be getting mine tomorrow. :(

Anyway, Helix, one of the guys at Big Red Barrel went into a store and put his own 3 SIM into one of the display models and it worked so they seem to be open

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Otacon wrote: »
    Worryingly, my Gamestop order has not shipped yet so its looking like I won't be getting mine tomorrow. :(

Anyway, Helix, one of the guys at Big Red Barrel went into a store and put his own 3 SIM into one of the display models and it worked so they seem to be open

Link

That's good to know, at least now I can just get an extra sim on my phone account & use it. IMO it's not worth getting a new contract for.

jester77 wrote: »
    That's good to know, at least now I can just get an extra sim on my phone account & use it. IMO it's not worth getting a new contract for.

Is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Otacon wrote: »
    Is that possible?

Guess it depends on your mobile provider, but don't see why not. It's just using the data you are already paying for. I have a second sim on my account for my ipad. The only thing is that it's limited to data, I can only have 1 sim as the master for making calls and texts but that's fine for the something like the vita or ipad.

People in the UK already have their Vita's :mad:

I don't

Why-baby-weeping.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

You guys better man the f**k up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Are they the moany bitches off Amazon?

I want mine :mad: My friend text me a picture of his Vita with his games, the lucky bastard.

Are they the moany bitches off Amazon?

I believe so :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Bastards :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement