Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Helix wrote: »
    its the online pass for the game - you need it to access the multiplayer

if you buy the game you'll get the pass included as far as i know.

Isn't it just for second hand versions? I mean the retail version gives you a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

cloud493 wrote: »
    I already posted that :rolleyes:

If you ask them nicely, Game might put your deposit onto a gift card, or take it off a Game you want.

Sorry I missed that.

Will have to see what I'll do. Not 100% sure about trading in my 3DS yet, but if I do decide to do that, I guess I'll have to go groveling to GAME about my deposit because there is no way I'd let it go for 95 when Gamestop two doors down are giving 150. Would not relish negotiating with GAME about it, they were already borderline refusing to switch my 8GB card preorder to a 16GB preorder, with just the vague suggestion that they 'might' be able to put the €2 deposit on the former against the 16GB on release day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Otacon wrote: »
    Isn't it just for second hand versions? I mean the retail version gives you a code.

correct

all online pass games have the codes for same from day one though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Those prices for downloaded games are ridiculous. 50 euro for FIFA me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

that's a bizarre one - it's only $39.99 here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Can someone check the game Facebook page for their bundled and report back please?

Got a text from them but I can't view anything cos I don't use Facebook :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Can someone check the game Facebook page for their bundled and report back please?

Got a text from them but I can't view anything cos I don't use Facebook :mad:

I'm able to view their photo galleries without signing in. The Vita one is here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.342514532434140.85243.144166562268939&type=3

Deals towards the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I just nearly kissed the postman :D:D:D

that why i hate the euro

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

hi
    i will be going to America in march, considering buying ps vita from over there..
    is there any difference between the EU and US versions? would the 3G version work over here in ireland? also i am guessing the games over here would work on it since they are region-free?

thanks

• Advertisement

4real wrote: »
    hi
    i will be going to America in march, considering buying ps vita from over there..
    is there any difference between the EU and US versions? would the 3G version work over here in ireland? also i am guessing the games over here would work on it since they are region-free?

thanks

No difference between them.

The Vita is SIM free so you can use an Irish SIM in it no problem

Yes, the games are region free too.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

caspa307 wrote: »
    there ya go boss

• Escape Plan (£9.99/€12.99)
    That'll do me. Still hope the voucher is worth about 6.50 as opposed to just 5.00, otherwise UK customers are getting a better deal.

• Hustle Kings (Psn Only) (£6.49/€7.99)

Quite tempted by this. I like pool/snooker games, but wouldn't really sit in front of the TV playing one, but could definitely see this suiting portable gaming.

• Motorstorm RC (Psn Only) (£4.79/€5.99)

Bargain! Reminds me a little of championship sprint without the endlessly spinning steering wheels. (Reference for the dino gamers here)

• Super Stardust™ Delta (PSN Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
    Super Stardust Delta & DLC Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)

Can somebody tell me why I should buy this? I'm intrigued but uncertain as to whether it would be my thing. If I think 'twin stick shooter' I think of Smash TV, but having seen a few vids of this on Youtube, I can't really follow the gameplay sufficiently to know whether it would be worth a purchase. Also, what's in the DLC, those in the know?

• Plants Vs Zombies (Soe) (£8.99/€11.25)

F*** me! 11.25?! How much is this on iOS? If Sony want to compete with rival handhelds, they can't release ports at inflated prices

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

LookingFor wrote: »
    Finally found GAME's trade-in deals for Ireland.

Very poor compared to both Gamestop and to GAME's own UK deals.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404928_363419367010323_144166562268939_1347338_1272109184_n.jpg

Basically, you'll get €95 for a 3DS.

Gamestop are offering €150 against a Vita for a 3DS + game.

GAME in the UK are offering £130 (~€155) for a 3DS against a Vita.

What's up with the discrepancy?

My preorder is with GAME, but if I went to Gamestop with my 3DS I'd still be saving money even if I forfeited by €30 deposit at GAME!

Is there any way to get my deposit back? Exchange it against something else? Buy the Vita and then sell it back at a €10 loss?

Dunno what to do now.

Is this because GAME are f***ed financially? I bet they have to protect profit margins these days. Seems to be the only reason they'd be so out of sync with the rival high street stores all of a sudden. If they don't sort that out, people will start to realise and shop elsewhere so things will get worse for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm definitely getting super stardust :D and the voucher says 5 euro/£5/ 8 australian dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Okay, I'm not the most tech-savvy so could anyone tell me the difference between the Vita wi-fi version and the 3G version?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Okay, I'm not the most tech-savvy so could anyone tell me the difference between the Vita wi-fi version and the 3G version?

The WiFi version will allow you to connect to a WiFi hotspot or modem, like your laptop or computer can.

However, the 3G version comes with a SIM card, meaning not only can you connect to a WiFi network, you can also connect to the Internet when you are out and about, like a smartphone.

Obviously, the 3G model costs more and also will require payments to whoever owns the SIM card, i.e. Vodafone, O2, Meteor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ok to keep it simple

Wi-fi - you will need to be near someones broadband that they broadcast over a wi-fi network. Like many of those internet cafe's with free wireless or wi-fi. Normally free but depending on where you go (airport) you may be asked to pay... Many folk have a wi-fi network set up in their own homes.

3G - normally you pay for this - it is basically like paying for another mobile phone service. Currently 3G is almost the standard - some places are testing a new 4G network. In order to use 3G you will need a sim card - just like in your mobile or there may be tech there with sim inbuilt (but not sure of that).

Wi-fi for most is ideal - especially if you have an iPhone or smartphone that you can then tether to in order to get online. With the 3G model you neither need a wi-fi hotspot or a smartphone in order to get onto the internet.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

The 3G Version has GPS can browse the net,update game scores,trophies,can play some turn based multiplayer games and more without a wifi connection.It uses a mobile sim card and is also sim free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

aWqYG.jpg

Not sure if that'll translate to here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

LookingFor wrote: »
    I'm able to view their photo galleries without signing in. The Vita one is here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.342514532434140.85243.144166562268939&type=3

Deals towards the bottom.

Cheers - I'm on a mobile so kept asking me to sign in.

Man those bundles are rubbish.

what time are the vualts in limerick tomorrow gonna bring my little brother in also

will all vita titles be playable or just sony ones

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cheers for the answers, very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 orourkk3

Anyone know if xtravision are doing any bundles other than the vita + fifa + 4gb card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ok my vita has been sent from gamestop but only

2 of my games but no vita or my 16GB card

Looked at my invoice and there is notting there about my vita FML

I emailed them to see what the story is

Ok my vita has been sent from gamestop but only

2 of my games but no vita or my 16GB card

Looked at my invoice and there is notting there about my vita FML

I emailed them to see what the story is

Was it all part of one order or did you get the two games in a separate order, i.e. if you go to the Gamestop website, do you have only one order number for all of it and mulitple ones?

Otacon wrote: »
    Was it all part of one order or did you get the two games in a separate order, i.e. if you go to the Gamestop website, do you have only one order number for all of it and mulitple ones?

It was 2 orders
    Made one yesterday with Rayman

And the big order of my vita 16gb card and 2 games

The rayman order has been shipped and one of the games from the vita order

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cloud493 wrote: »
    aWqYG.jpg

Not sure if that'll translate to here.

I'm I the only one that thinks that's a rip off? £250 would be over 300euro you can just get vita with the others for cheaper in Irish stores like HMV and xtravision..

All ok guys gamestop has just sent out my vita so i will be getting it tomorrow then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Paid off mine yesterday. Will be getting Wifi Vita, Uncharted and 16gb memory card. Looking forward to tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement