Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stalking zebra

All ok guys gamestop has just sent out my vita so i will be getting it tomorrow then :)

I was just about to post i got 4 different emails from them for each part of my order.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did anyone pre-order Rayman or any other Ubi games from Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I am tempted by rayman, but I think it'll be a waste since I have the PS3 one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

This Vita better be worth it, I got rid of my 3DTV in order to afford it, and by God I loved that TV... Is the battery already charged out of the box or do you need to charge it first?

EDIT: anyone know is there a list of the PS3 games that will work via remote play?... Will Killzone 3 work?.. I have seen Modern Warfare 3 working so may re-buy that in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

This Vita better be worth it, I got rid of my 3DTV in order to afford it, and by God I loved that TV... Is the battery already charged out of the box or do you need to charge it first?

EDIT: anyone know is there a list of the PS3 games that will work via remote play?... Will Killzone 3 work?.. I have seen Modern Warfare 3 working so may re-buy that in the near future

Hate to break it to you but out of the box no ps3 retail ie killzone,uncharted etc games work with remote play Sony showed a demo of killzone 3 but unless Sony introduce it later on it doesnt work now. The utube videos showing remote play are on hacked ps3s

• Advertisement

Hate to break it to you but out of the box no ps3 retail ie killzone,uncharted etc games work with remote play Sony showed a demo of killzone 3 but unless Sony introduce it later on it doesnt work now. The utube videos showing remote play are on hacked ps3s

Darn it, ahh well guess FIFA will just have to do me so :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Will it come charged out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

http://www.bigredbarrel.com/2012/02/news-ps-vita-psp-compatibility-not-backwards-in-coming-forwards/
    Many of us rolled our eyes when we saw Sony’s official list of PSP titles available on PSN that would play nice with the incoming PS Vita. Sure, there were 275 of them, but no Peace Walker, Gran Turismo or Grand Theft Auto:Chinatown Wars? Well, there’s some good news, thanks to the enterprising folks over at NeoGAF’s forums who have tested a veritable bevy of PSP titles on their Vitas.

The list of confirmed compatible games is given below, but you’ll doubtless be pleased to know that PSP titles such as MGS: Peace Walker, Gran Turismo, every Grand Theft Auto series and all of the NeoGeo and PC Engine/TurboGrafx titles will work with your shiny new Vita come February 22nd.

If you’ve already purchased a compatible title, then you can re-download them by leafing through the purchase history of your PSN account on your PS3 and then transfer it onto your Vita using the magic that is USB cables and the Vita’s Content Manager application. It looks like you can’t download titles that aren’t on Sony’s official list directly onto your Vita just yet.

The double-awesome news is that all PSP titles get a bit of a visual overhaul (thanks to up-sampling and the Vita’s colour space) and that you’ll have the option to map the right analogue stick to replicate the functions of either the face buttons or d-pad of the virtual PSP. If nothing else, that should make the aiming in Peace Walker a tad more bearable. You can access these tweaks by tapping and holding on the front touch screen whilst playing a PSP game.

Anyway, that’s enough rambling from me – and you’re probably infinitely more interested in seeing which other titles should work on the Vita:

Ape Escape on the Loose
    Burnout Legends
    Capcom Classic Collection: Reloaded
    Capcom Classic Collection: Remixed
    Capcom Puzzle World
    Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
    Crush
    Field Commander
    Gradius Collection
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Gran Turismo
    Hammerin’ Hero
    Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
    Jeanne d’Arc
    Killzone Liberation

Kururin Fusion
    LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
    LittleBigPlanet
    LocoRoco: Midnight Carnival
    Locoroco 2
    Mercury Meltdown
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Patchwork Heroes
    Persuit Force
    PQ: Practical Intelligence Quotient
    Pursuit Force
    Puzzle Quest
    R-Type Command
    Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
    Rock Band Unplugged
    Sega Genesis Collection
    Silent Hill: Origins
    Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    Sonic Rivals
    Sonic Rivals 2
    The Warriors
    Unbound Saga
    Valkyria Chronicles II
    Wipeout Pulse

All Neo Geo titles
    All PC Engine titles

:D

The titles in bold are the ones I am most excited to see confirmed.

EDIT: The currently incompatible list has some games I want to see. :(
    Brave Story
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
    ModNation Racers
    MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
    Patapon 3

Phantasy Star Portable
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
    Resistance: Retribution
    SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
    Twisted Metal: Head On
    Ys I & II Chronicles (works for some)

Just remembered now thanks to that post, I have them 10 free PSP titles from PSP Go! launch... Also have Chinatown Wars I think... Seems Chinatown is the only one that will work, not sure if I had that on DS or PSP though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Doesn't affect me, but in case it's of interest to some of you, GAME are not going to be stocking any Ubisoft Vita titles tomorrow or seemingly for the foreseeable.

That's Rayman, Lumines, Asphalt, Mike Jackson Experience and Dungeon Hunter Alliance. So if you were going into game specifically for any of those, don't waste your time.

Don't believe me? Try and find them on the GAME website. Probably something related to GAME's financial situation, but no reason has been given for this yet that I'm aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i assume ubisoft won't give them credit

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Helix wrote: »
    i assume ubisoft won't give them credit

That makes a lot of sense. Just did a quick search and this (more educated than me) website seems to come to the same conclusion as you.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubisoft-mia-from-game-vita-launch-line-up/091533

GAME must be truly in deep s*** if a big player like Ubisoft aren't willing to do what it takes to sell their games through GAME stores, especially for launch titles when they are trying to make a splash in that new market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

DUDES!!!!!!

Uncharted is 99c on the store, buy the treasure map DLC, they uploaded the wrong file!

Really wish I wasn't at work right now :(

http://i.imgur.com/iHDYfl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KCYs9l.jpg

where are you seeing that on the store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ShaneU wrote: »
    DUDES!!!!!!

Uncharted is 99c on the store, buy the treasure map DLC, they uploaded the wrong file!

Isn't that just the map to guide you to the hidden treasure? Second link doesn't work.

Its been taken down anyway.

ShaneU wrote: »
    DUDES!!!!!!

Where did you get this from? The person could have easily got Treasure Map and then loaded up his download for the actual game?

Apparently the only reason Sony spotted the error is because someone posted on the Playstation blog
    There seems to be an error on the Store. Just bought the Uncharted DLC for £0.79 and instead of downloading the DLC it downloaded the actual game so that I got Uncharted for 79p! Nice error but something you may want to fix!

cloud493 wrote: »
    Apparently the only reason Sony spotted the error is because someone posted on the Playstation blog

Quote:
    There seems to be an error on the Store. Just bought the Uncharted DLC for £0.79 and instead of downloading the DLC it downloaded the actual game so that I got Uncharted for 79p! Nice error but something you may want to fix!

He just had to go and spoil things for everything else... Jaysus with the money we have to lash out for the memory cards I think we deserve it for 99c :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »

Quote:

ASSHOLE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I sent out a few friend requests under my PSN name Serpheus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

i added most so its caspa 307 if your wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

caspa307 wrote: »
    ASSHOLE

Mr Sony, Emm *snort* *adjusts glasses*- I downloaded the Uncharted treasure map DLC and instead it gave me the full game.
    Please fix this immediately, as it could affect sales of the game. I bought the game in a store and I don't want anyone to get a better deal than me.

No.1 Fan

Nerdy Mc****ingNerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I am still 50/50 on Wifi or 3g/Wifi model anyone else in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Liamario wrote: »
    Mr Sony, Emm *snort* *adjusts glasses*- I downloaded the Uncharted treasure map DLC and instead it gave me the full game.
    Please fix this immediately, as it could affect sales of the game. I bought the game in a store and I don't want anyone to get a better deal than me.

No.1 Fan

Nerdy Mc****ingNerd.

He is the guy just before leaving school on a bank hol weekend piped up and said sir you forgot to give us our homework.

I sent out a few friend requests under my PSN name Serpheus.

Wondered who that was.

If you send anymore out mention boards and possibly add vita to the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

He is the guy just before leaving school on a bank hol weekend piped up and said sir you forgot to give us our homework.

Totally. And I said as much to him on the Blog. Pathetic little **** needs to get a life.

I hope the little prick is getting loads of abuse.

I hope the little prick is getting loads of abuse.

• Advertisement

Thats a good way of putting it alright :p .. Then again I probably would have missed out on it anyways as I don't even have the PS3 in the house atm...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement