Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My wifi signal is very bad :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Brought mine to work today to play with while waiting for stuff to happen.

Disaster when I realised I had no wifi to connect to.

Joy when I remembered I could use my phone as a hotspot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not allowed to use mine till my birthday on Saturday :mad: girlfriends taking it for wrapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Paid 320 in game for mine,got the starter pack FIFA 4gig card and vita wifi,was playing there and got an error MSG and it restarted :-(

I paid 280 in xtravision for that bundle but with no pre order pack. I picked up Rayman which brought it to 320.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

I paid 280 in xtravision for that bundle but with no pre order pack. I picked up Rayman which brought it to 320.

So i take it xtravision are doing the best price :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Thinking of getting this. Do I need memory card for saving game progress or is this on cartridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Antibac wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this. Do I need memory card for saving game progress or is this on cartridges?

Practically all games need the memory card. Only FIFA from the lot I got didn't say it needed a memory card on the back of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, just turned the bastord on. Damn this thing is sexy!!!

Still playing with menus and check psn store etc. very very lovely ui! I don't like that there are no pictures of some psp games :(.

Will try rayman now. Still don't know what to spend 50eu on!!! I want much stuff!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Cheers. Just 1 more stupid question. Do I need wi fi to set up or play games. Be looking at FIFA and unchartered initially as no one else I no getting 1!
    Thanks!

I got it thismorning, i am playing fifa and finding it a little dark. I have Brightness turned up all the way. Anybody else having the same issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Picked mine up in GAME in the Square a while ago. I had €208 on a trade in card i had and also traded an old DSi so i got the WiFi model and 4gig card.

I didn't have to pay anything extra so am happy about that. Just fiddled around with Near there and was very impressed. Downloading the FIFA demo as i type.

Rayman is fantastic lol! I can't believe it's such a fun game! Looks so cool too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

The wait is killing me!! Stuck in college until 4.30 :mad: Picking it up on the way home though, can't wait to have a go at Fifa! Hopefully it'll keep me occupied until next week until I get Uncharted, Everybody Golf, and Wipeout from the US, gotta love buy 2 get 1 free!

I was talked to pretty badly in the HMV I went to :mad: might compain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

cloud493 wrote: »

Don't you work there? :pac: Staff in HMV Henry Street were great.

Not in that store :pac: I work in blanchardstown, went to the one in swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Ok to start with, I walked into Argos and their systems do not show any price reductions on any Vita Games. I asked someone if there was any special offers on and she said she wasn't aware of any. Uncharted was the standard price of 49.99. If anyone was planning to go out of their way today for the rumoured Argos deal, they might want to reconsider.

So I've picked up my pre-order Wifi Vita with the FIFA bundle from HMV and got 50 euro trade in for a DS Lite that was gathering dust at home. All fine and dandy except they have posters/flyers everywhere stating that I should have got 52 euro (12 euro extra on all consoles traded in against a Vita). I pointed this out and they continued to check their system and just said that's what they have to go on. What's the point of all their flyers if their system is different? If it wasn't only 2 euro and I wasn't under time pressure to get back to work, I probably would have asked to speak to the manager just for the satisfaction of pointing out the unprofessional situation, but it wasn't to be.

Also bought a new/sealed Wipeout on ebay this morning for 28 euro delivered. Chap had bought the game unaware that Wipeout was free with his 3G package so was selling it. Bargain!

So 3 hrs before I can actually pull it out and play with it. Can't Wait! .... I'm referring to my Vita of course ;)

cloud493 wrote: »

What happened m8? I had a great crack in my local GameStop today.

Guy in there didn't even look at my receipt, to start with. said I hadn't preordered. When he eventually got it, he wouldn't get me uncharted cos he said 'I'd have to go get it' despite the fact I could see it behind him. Lucky another member of staff took over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Maybe he forgot to preorder thinking he'd get one to notice that there's only pre-orders in the shop?! So is pissed off at every preorder customer waltzing in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Remote Play works great with PSOne games. Tried Metal Gear Solid and Soul Reaver, no issues.

Also transferred GTA: Chinatown Wars, God of War: Chains of Olympus, The Warriors and MegaDrive Collection. All worked with no issues, despite only one being on the list. I could also download Assassins Creed from my previous history (got it as part of the PSP Go promo). However, I could not download the free bunch of 5 games or so I got with the GO, such as Everybodys Golf, Resistance, Gran Turismo etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just did a internet connection test and got the following results

597.1Kbps (connection speed) upload

5.7Mbps connection speed Download

are these good?I find myself getting signed out of psn every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

My mate works in Sainsburys and can get 10% discount for me.

he says they are offering £199 for vita wifi plus fifa. Bang in 8gb memory card for around £30 and it totals at around 230.

take off 10% and all i pay is 207. good deal for vita fifa and 8gb memory? i can pick it up tomorrow

I just did a internet connection test and got the following results

597.1Kbps (connection speed) upload

5.7Mbps connection speed Download

are these good?I find myself getting signed out of psn every so often

Depends on your broadband connection, but those speeds look good unless you have a 20Mb pipe!

As for the PSN, it's bound to be a bit jittery and buggy on day one with so many people logging in to the VITA servers for the first time, so I wouldn't think its your device or connection, if that's what you're worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Anyone finding that they can't redeem the voucher for super stardust?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

chrislad wrote: »
    Remote Play works great with PSOne games. Tried Metal Gear Solid and Soul Reaver, no issues.

Also transferred GTA: Chinatown Wars, God of War: Chains of Olympus, The Warriors and MegaDrive Collection. All worked with no issues, despite only one being on the list. I could also download Assassins Creed from my previous history (got it as part of the PSP Go promo). However, I could not download the free bunch of 5 games or so I got with the GO, such as Everybodys Golf, Resistance, Gran Turismo etc.

How do I download all my previous digital PSP GO games onto my vita?

My mate works in Sainsburys and can get 10% discount for me.

he says they are offering £199 for vita wifi plus fifa. Bang in 8gb memory card for around £30 and it totals at around 230.

take off 10% and all i pay is 207. good deal for vita fifa and 8gb memory? i can pick it up tomorrow

That's excellent! Best deal I could see online for Vita plus Fifa in sterling was 238 and that didn't include the memory card. Jump on that deal while you can, fella!

Depends on your broadband connection, but those speeds look good unless you have a 20Mb pipe!

As for the PSN, it's bound to be a bit jittery and buggy on day one with so many people logging in to the VITA servers for the first time, so I wouldn't think its your device or connection, if that's what you're worried about.

good to hear,she's charging away now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

That's excellent! Best deal I could see online for Vita plus Fifa in sterling was 238 and that didn't include the memory card. Jump on that deal while you can, fella!

Cool thanks! will do. i just gotta wait till tomorrow evening to get it! will be worth the wait though

• Advertisement

My vita is upstairs :mad: not allowed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement