Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Can I get a reccommendation on where to go?

I'm hoping to trade in my 3DS along with Ocarina of Time and Rayman 3D and put what I get towards the wifi model, Rayman Origins and a 16GB card.

Any ideas how much I'll get off with the 3DS and where best to go for trade ins/bundles?

Dying for it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mark26 wrote: »
    was that an online game ? would love to know what its like online b4 i buy it

ya online,its quite good,frame rate drops sometimes but other that I enjoyed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can I get a reccommendation on where to go?

I'm hoping to trade in my 3DS along with Ocarina of Time and Rayman 3D and put what I get towards the wifi model, Rayman Origins and a 16GB card.

Any ideas how much I'll get off with the 3DS and where best to go for trade ins/bundles?

Dying for it!

People have been saying gamestop for 3DS trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Gamestop are nobs only 2 people enter the comp if you upload a photo you getting your vita and they give it to the person who has the game all ready what a joke that is really

He doeint even need it !!!!

Hey, it's not my fault! I didn't even enter as such. It said to post a picture of yourself, I wasn't entering, I was just showing how much I got from GameStop due to their great deal with 25% extra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

chrislad wrote: »
    Hey, it's not my fault! I didn't even enter as such. It said to post a picture of yourself, I wasn't entering, I was just showing how much I got from GameStop due to their great deal with 25% extra!

Then tell them you did not enter because you do not need the code or give me your code then !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

ShaneU wrote: »
    Catalog in Argos jervis street has 37.49 for all the vita games, I'm not making it up.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    I put a picture of that up :mad: but everyone said I was wrong.

Wasn't trying to suggest that anyone was lying or making it up, but passing on the info that it wasn't a nationwide Argos offer based on the fact that both the website and Cork City branch don't have it.

From what you are both saying it's clear that the offer seems to apply to Jervis St, but anyone looking for the deal elsewhere should be aware it may not be at their local branch.

No matter. I'm finishing work early now and will have my toy to play with in just over a half an hour. :D

Good luck with tonight's gaming, people!

Wow. You know, if they do send me the code, I will be giving it away, but not to you. You're acting extremely immaturely and are quite frankly irritating. As I said in a message 10 mins ago to you, and on your whiny thread on FB, they could give you the code, but this petulance is just pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Finally it has come.
    Updating now etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Then tell them you did not enter because you do not need the code or give me your code then !!!
    Sore loser much? He can sell the boxed copy, better luck next time.

Wasn't trying to suggest that anyone was lying or making it up, but passing on the info that it wasn't a nationwide Argos offer based on the fact that both the website and Cork City branch don't have it.

From what you are both saying it's clear that the offer seems to apply to Jervis St, but anyone looking for the deal elsewhere should be aware it may not be at their local branch.

No matter. I'm finishing work early now and will have my toy to play with in just over a half an hour. :D

Good luck with tonight's gaming, people!

I popped into the Argos in the Crescent in Limerick and they had 37.49 for Vita games in their instore catalog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Wow. You know, if they do send me the code, I will be giving it away, but not to you. You're acting extremely immaturely and are quite frankly irritating. As I said in a message 10 mins ago to you, and on your whiny thread on FB, they could give you the code, but this petulance is just pathetic.

Thanks for the massage i only got pissed because in gamestop T an C it clearly said you had to be in the Photo to win the game and thats what i was mad at and fair play to you win good job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

How about me ;)

samapple789
    Fill this out please
    http://i.imgur.com/45DUT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

ha ha just read the rant on FB very funny :D. That some collection of games you got yourself, how does the 25% on trade ins work out as i don't see anything on the gamestop website ?

Mark26 wrote: »
    ha ha just read the rant on FB very funny :D. That some collection of games you got yourself, how does the 25% on trade ins work out as i don't see anything on the gamestop website ?

There was 25% on trades in if you preordered the Vita. Traded in my 360 with a few games and got about 320 plus 25% extra along with some vouchers I got for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kinda confused, why is he angry and what terrible thing did you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

The only thing that is annoying - game bay ( if you can cal it that way ) takes awile to squizze my nail inside there. Just the whole thing is a bit ... Annoying...
    I think I will try to get digital copies of games if I can.

From what I sow in rayman and wipeout demo I can say that this is really powerfull machine. If they will do console copies of games with just little downgrade in graphics then I will completely stop buying games for ps3/Xbox and get vita instead.

Just rang Gamestop there. If I trade in my 3DS and one game I get the Vita for 100. Thing is I need to buy a memory card and game too. Which brings it up to 180 or so.

Anyone know if I can trade in a DS Lite in addition to the 3DS? I've a tonne of games for it too.

I am still finding the picture on mine dark with brightness up the whole way. My phone is alot brighter then this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

wanna sell it on? was looking at getting this anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Hey chris. I suggest you send it to the other contestant on facebook.

That's not me by the way (In case you were wondering)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Voucher for what?! Jesus!! Drop that Nerdrage crap lads and go back on topic of vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got caught up now.

chrislad did not fake a picture after grabbing it off an image search, and while there may be something cosmically unfair about a millionaire winning the lottery (wining the game and having it already). He did not cheat or mislead, he got a legitimate win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    I have both of these pre-downloaded on my PS3 at home. I will test them as soon as I get home.

Both work perfectly. No issues at all, they even seem to load a lot faster.

Now to download more goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

anyone have problems with the preorder discount codes, it wont accept mine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tonydude wrote: »
    anyone have problems with the preorder discount codes, it wont accept mine

Couple of mentions on the thread - Sony are aware of the issue and will be emailing codes out.

Discount codes weren't working, which is a shame as I wanted to play Escape Plan, which is what I opted for. New ones were due to be sent out today.

Frobisher Says is decent enough though. It's definitely not a 'free' game though - it's very limited without buying the add on but if you liked Wario Ware, it's definitely worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Unexpected - the 3G model can receive SMS messages, they show up under operator messages. You can also send messages via vodafone's site, obviously. Just a curious side thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

My mate works in Sainsburys and can get 10% discount for me.

he says they are offering £199 for vita wifi plus fifa. Bang in 8gb memory card for around £30 and it totals at around 230.

take off 10% and all i pay is 207. good deal for vita fifa and 8gb memory? i can pick it up tomorrow

damm. just found out from my mate that its £240 for the vita wifi and fifa. Fifa is not free :(

So all in all with vita(199) + fifa(39.99) + 8gb(£28) = 266.99

10% discount of that lot is around 240

still a good deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

LookingFor wrote: »
    Unexpected - the 3G model can receive SMS messages, they show up under operator messages. You can also send messages via vodafone's site, obviously. Just a curious side thing :)
    can u make phone calls?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement