Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

I had a great game of fifa earlier,was up 4-2 and lost 6-4 :'(
    I had my opponent disconnect in my first online game when I was 1 up :D a bit early for rage quitting we'll put it down to poor internet connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Check the gt trailers final thoughts on ps vita and they said that when they booted ps vita fair the first time try got a spam message ASAP. It was: you won iPhone 5 to test and keep, fallow the link to continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

PSN is down, can't say I'm shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just got some of my order refunded.

the price of the vita went down a few times and i was not sure if my invoice was the older price or one including Irish vat (numbers seemed right).

Got onto the helpdesk and asked and they refunded the difference (not sure if it was the vat thing nor did i ask), then i asked could he check the price of the rest of the order.

Then got refunded on the bundle whose current price of individual items should not have affected anything.

So got refunded on some of the vat and got a bundle cheaper than anyone else getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Varik wrote: »
    Just got some of my order refunded.

the price of the vita went down a few times and i was not sure if my invoice was the older price or one including Irish vat (numbers seemed right).

Got onto the helpdesk and asked and they refunded the difference (not sure if it was the vat thing nor did i ask), then i asked could he check the price of the rest of the order.

Then got refunded on the bundle whose current price of individual items should not have affected anything.

So got refunded on some of the vat and got a bundle cheaper than anyone else getting it.

Love when that sort of thing happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

quick question: what happens when your playing a game, you pause it and turn off your vita?

Does the game continues where you paused it once you turn it back on like in the psp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Grrr want it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

quick question: what happens when your playing a game, you pause it and turn off your vita?

Does the game continues where you paused it once you turn it back on like in the psp?

Not when you turn it off, only when you leave on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone having problems using Near?

it keeps telling me "could not obtain data for your location"

its a wifi unit connected to my wifi

I found GothPunk on near, 1.5 km away from me #stalker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

BArra wrote: »

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

can u make phone calls?

No. Though Skype is meant to be coming soon.
    BArra wrote: »

Possible your wifi info hasn't been mapped by Skyhook. They're the service powering the location features. You can register your location with them, I'd google it. It takes a few days apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

A few words on my experience so far.

http://www.vhsisdead.net/2012/02/22/ps-vita/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

ShaneU wrote: »
    I found GothPunk on near, 1.5 km away from me #stalker

LOL that's hilarious, I more than likely will find no one on near as not sure if many people around here will buy it

Lads lads lads... What if we would have onlive support on vita... That would just be sick!!!

We can always dream I guess. :)

I will try to get remote play work tomorrow after work.

I am really tempted to get lumines lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Lads lads lads... What if we would have onlive support on vita... That would just be sick!!!

We can always dream I guess. :)

I will try to get remote play work tomorrow after work.

I am really tempted to get lumines lads.

Tried remote play on my home network it works really well except none of the games will actually play ! Could watch the RTE player no problem though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Tried remote play on my home network it works really well except none of the games will actually play ! Could watch the RTE player no problem though :D

I don't think it supports PS3 games, at least not yet. I used it with a couple of PSOne games with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Just bought one here in Vancouver, WiFi system, Touch My Katamari and 4gig memory card for approximately 211 Euro :)

To be honest anything below 8gb is a waste. ( just my opinion )

Games are like 1-2gb, so not many you be able to store on card. :(

Anyway, I have problems with posting on boards.ie with vita. It just goes to error and says it needs to have atleast 1 character... Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Netflix launched today on vita.........but only in America.

• Advertisement

Netflix launched today on vita.........but only in America.

Damn, when we will get it?

Btw. Final fantasy crisis core is not avelable on vita :(

To be honest anything below 8gb is a waste. ( just my opinion )

Games are like 1-2gb, so not many you be able to store on card. :(

Anyway, I have problems with posting on boards.ie with vita. It just goes to error and says it needs to have atleast 1 character... Weird...

With the pricing of the games in store, I think I shall stay well clear from buying them there... Maybe the PSN titles I shall buy, 4GB will do for now...

Anyone else think battery life awful? It was fully charged then an hour later it was half battery :eek:

EDIT: If someone on here didn't pre order... Here is a Frobisher Says code as I already used the last one:

P955-Q7NC-MJ55

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Asphalt is pretty good, anyone play a dud yet.

I thought wipeout looked great, and then I played the zone mode, oh my god I think I had an eyegasm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

WarZoneBrother, cheers for the code.
    Anyone having trouble with their vita? I have been playing around with mine for about half an hour and its going a bit haywire. It shut off and the PS button started to flash red/blue and then stayed at blue and wouldn't come on again.
    I looked online and its happened to others. I had to hold the power button for 30+ seconds until it turned off and then restarted.
    Hope its not a sign of things to come. Am glad I got the two year accident cover because if it keeps this up it could find itself flying towards the wall fairly rapid:D!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can you play online with the 3G version on the mobile network lads?

I finally got it set up for a friend after about 2 hours :pac: and tried to play FIFA and Virtua Tennis online but it tells me I need a Wi-Fi connect for this?

Thanks.

Paully D wrote: »
    Can you play online with the 3G version on the mobile network lads?

I finally got it set up for a friend after about 2 hours :pac: and tried to play FIFA and Virtua Tennis online but it tells me I need a Wi-Fi connect for this?

Thanks.

No you can only play online with wifi

Wow seriously WTF think my touch screen f*cked already :/

EDIT: fixed just reset the console and wiped screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone played Motorstorm RC yet? Thoroughly addictive. Its even keeping me away from Uncharted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

The fixed Stardust preorder discount is in! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement