Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wow Unit 13 is just awesome.. Only playing the demo though, pity it didn't have competitive online though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Got an extra Frobisher code. First to leave a comment on my review for the Vita, linked a few pages back, gets it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm charging my for the second time today :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

code me up :P

i dont have that one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I'm charging my for the second time today :-/

that'll happen very regularly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Helix wrote: »
    that'll happen very regularly

ya in fairness I was playing fifa non stop for about 3 hrs or more :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

extra frobisher code here too pm m if you want it

GONE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does unit 13 play well then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

cloud493 wrote: »

Yes it is freaking awesome... Find it better to control shooting than Uncharted, then again only played 5mins of Uncharted demo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

When did all of you enter your pre-order codes? I only entered mine today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Right lads, anyone recommend me some of the best psp games available? Not interested in the GTA's or GoW right now and will be getting the MGS HD remakes when it's released on Vita so not peace walker either.

Is monster hunter any good?? Any excellent RPG's I might have missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Any word on how well the GTA stories games work on vita?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Big Knox wrote: »
    Right lads, anyone recommend me some of the best psp games available? Not interested in the GTA's or GoW right now and will be getting the MGS HD remakes when it's released on Vita so not peace walker either.

Jeanne D'arc is a must. And I read it works on the psvita too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Anyone know why I keep getting a password error when tethering through my iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

animaX wrote: »
    Jeanne D'arc is a must. And I read it works on the psvita too.
    That's not on the EU store
    Big Knox wrote: »

Persona 3
    Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkyria Chronicles 2 (strategy rpgs)
    If you're looking for a classic jrpg, breath of fire 3 was ported to the psp.
    Monster hunter freedom unite is good, a lot of grinding in it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 deanmc

Sorry lads new to the forum,
    If i was to trade in an xbox 360(older elite) and about 10 old enough games how much would i get?
    Really want to get a vita but dont have enough for it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

deanmc wrote: »
    Sorry lads new to the forum,
    If i was to trade in an xbox 360(older elite) and about 10 old enough games how much would i get?
    Really want to get a vita but dont have enough for it at the moment
    my advice sell yourself in the phoenix park for one or sell your soul to the devil YES THE CONSOLE IS THAT GOOD ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

ShaneU wrote: »
    That's not on the EU store

Yeah sorry, just realised that now.

Anyone know of any good psp minis? Played two very good ones lately: space shooter for 2 bucks and who's that flying. Any other gems?

georush45

Got my kit this morning. Virtua Tennis was sold out (even though I preordered it) so will have to wait for that to come in, either tomorrow or monday....

Have uncharted, rayman waiting for redemption code from vodafone for wipeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

LazyBaker wrote: »
    Any word on how well the GTA stories games work on vita?

I have both of them on there and they work perfectly. They seem very quick to load and look brighter too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is monster hunter avelable for eu? Stupidly enough I did not check yesterday.

Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Rayman Origins is so beautiful I just proposed to it.

So far two major issues for me in Australia. One I get an error everytime I try to download anything from PSN so I cant get a thing.. and two I cant connect my PSV to my laptop. MPT error.. Tried lots of things to fix that and still wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

How do I delete any demos I don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hold down on the icon and you will see a ... button beside it. Click on that and you'll have an option to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

I'm loving the vita. Got mine last night in xtravision with Fifa and 4GB mem card for €280 which i thought was a fairly good price. Fifa is deadly, been kicking ass online and if anyone ever wants a beating my psn is lamboz :D.

@irishmover I'm having same problem with the vita as it doesn't connect with my macbook. I also notice it's a lot more restricted when connected to a PC, unlike the PSP when you could just connect and copy or drag files easily, now you have to install content manager assistant on you're PC which it will ask you to do once you connect the vita through the usb. It works well once installed.

Just realised you can also get a version of content manager assistant to work with macs so all is good

Mark26 wrote: »
    I'm loving the vita. Got mine last night in xtravision with Fifa and 4GB mem card for €280 which i thought was a fairly good price. Fifa is deadly, been kicking ass online and if anyone ever wants a beating my psn is lamboz :D.

@irishmover I'm having same problem with the vita as it doesn't connect with my macbook. I also notice it's a lot more restricted when connected to a PC, unlike the PSP when you could just connect and copy or drag files easily, now you have to install content manager assistant on you're PC which it will ask you to do once you connect the vita through the usb. It works well once installed.

Wont connect to my computer at all. Pretty sure issue is localized to my machine and not the Vita. Have CMA installed so that isnt the issue. Its a standard MTP device issue. Error 19. Its happened me before on other devices and I could fix it by just uninstalling and then using the update hardware search. This time it isnt working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

cloud493 wrote: »

I thought Unit 13 was very poor. The controls were horribly slow and clumsy, especially compared to Uncharted. I couldn't play much further past the tutorial at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

damm. just found out from my mate that its £240 for the vita wifi and fifa. Fifa is not free :(

So all in all with vita(199) + fifa(39.99) + 8gb(£28) = 266.99

10% discount of that lot is around 240

still a good deal?

That's a harder one to recommend, as I'm not certain of the best in store UK bundles. There's two ways of looking at it. Negatively, you are not getting any 'bundle saving' on Fifa or the memory card. Positively, you are saving 30 on the PSV itself (RRP 229) and then getting 10% off the total which isn't bad at all. IMO, it may not be the best deal out there, but it would be very competitive and if you really want a Vita asap it's probably the best deal for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

That's a harder one to recommend, as I'm not certain of the best in store UK bundles. There's two ways of looking at it. Negatively, you are not getting any 'bundle saving' on Fifa or the memory card. Positively, you are saving 30 on the PSV itself (RRP 229) and then getting 10% off the total which isn't bad at all. IMO, it may not be the best deal out there, but it would be very competitive and if you really want a Vita asap it's probably the best deal for you.

What are my other options though?

i checked hmv, shotpo etc and they all are same price of around 240-260 for a similar deal.

the best deal i can find is amazon but that is infact only £15 cheaper then my mates deal and doesnt include fifa, just ubi soft games plus Virtual tennis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement