Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Not when you turn it off, only when you leave on standby.

Is it like psp though that when u flick the power button it goes on stanby but if u want to actually turn it off you have to hold the switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is it like psp though that when u flick the power button it goes on stanby but if u want to actually turn it off you have to hold the switch?

Hit the power button once for standby. Hold it down and it will ask you to power off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gonna pick up wipeout today I think. I was edging towards rayman, but I do have it on the PS3 like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If anyone wants Marvel Vs Capcom (retail copy), I'll trade for either a €20 PSN voucher or a €20 Vodafone top up, to get Wipeout. First come, first served! I'll post out or can collect locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

chrislad wrote: »
    If anyone wants Marvel Vs Capcom (retail copy), I'll trade for either a €20 PSN voucher or a €20 Vodafone top up, to get Wipeout. First come, first served! I'll post out or can collect locally.

Would you take €20 cash for it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Cash, card, topup code, just let me know,

If you send me a phone number I'll just top up the phone?

Does anyone know anywhere I can buy UK PSN top up cards(sterling like)?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere I can buy UK PSN top up cards(sterling like)?

Alot of sellers on ebay do this, find one with flawless feedback and you should get the code in under an hour

eBay listings

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

What are my other options though?

i checked hmv, shotpo etc and they all are same price of around 240-260 for a similar deal.

the best deal i can find is amazon but that is infact only £15 cheaper then my mates deal and doesnt include fifa, just ubi soft games plus Virtual tennis

I'm certainly not the font of all knowledge. I was just saying that I can't be certain there isn't a better option out there, because I don't know all the options. It sounds like you've assessed most of your options and seem to conclude the Sainsbury deal is the best, so essentially that's your answer.

If you are definitely purchasing, I'd just go with that deal as I really don't think you'll later come across another deal that's so much better it makes you regret your choice.

please tell me no one here buy a vits with euro currency if so you got ripped off

if you trade in stuff then thats ok

post truck will be here tomorrow for me yeah free delievery 3 days not bad

• Advertisement

please tell me no one here buy a vits with euro currency if so you got ripped off

if you trade in stuff then thats ok

post truck will be here tomorrow for me yeah free delievery 3 days not bad

€280 for wifi vita with fifa and 4GB mem card, don't see much wrong with that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Swap for €20 psn card

What's the story with the pre-order discounted game emails?

I successfully entered my pre order code online on monday night and the on screen information said I would get an email with my discount details closer to the launch and an email with the avatar crap within 72 hrs. I haven't recieved either yet.

What's everyone else's experience in that regard?

Anyone know of any good video converters for mkv & avi video files as i want to convert them to mp4 and put them on my Vita. Thanks !

Mark26 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good video converters for mkv & avi video files as i want to convert them to mp4 and put them on my Vita. Thanks !

VLC can do this I think.....I'll give it a shot tonight and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Think Handbrake can also do the necessary here but been a while since I used it.

Ipod videora is good, and it works for my PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Rayman Origins is so beautiful I just proposed to it.

+1 on this.

If you really want to see what vita can do, then you have to see rayman origins! It's fantastic game and it looks just savage on vita! Those colors!!! I newer knew there are so many colors!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If anyone wants a cheap but brilliant game on the Vita [which will give you the PS3 version for free then] get Motorstorm RC.

Absolutely brilliant.

Otacon wrote: »
    If anyone wants a cheap but brilliant game on the Vita [which will give you the PS3 version for free then] get Motorstorm RC.

Absolutely brilliant.

How much is this on the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

RedXIV wrote: »
    How much is this on the store?

6 €

caspa307 wrote: »
    6 €

Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Otacon wrote: »

Absolutely brilliant.

Ye it's class. My PSN is Serpheus if anyone wants to add
    me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,473 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thread title changed.

Please resume your general discussion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Vita came from amazon, had the free shipping so that was very fast.

What a fantastic little machine!

The screen is utterly gorgeous and I've not even played anything that graphically impressive yet. Twin sticks are just about near perfect as far as I'm concerned and I'm really looking forward to playing games that truly utilise them.

However, now the bitching ...

During initial setup, I couldn't connect to my wifi connection. After about 5 mins of concern, it dawned on my that the football match that was streaming on the laptop right next to me had been buffering consistently since around the same time as I turned on my vita. After walking across the room with the PSV, I connected instantly and the match continued streaming without issue. They had been about 2-3 ft away from each other but seemed to clearly have affected each other's connection. I haven't had time to test this any further, but if anyone is having wifi connection issues, check if they have another wifi device connecting in close proximity.

My vita has frozen over 5 times during the time I've used it so far. Twice when trying to open and connect using 'Near', which I still haven't managed to launch and use successfully. Another time when I left it go idle while charging and it wouldn't resume. And another couple of times at least where I don't recall what I was doing specifically. I know there's going to be bugs day one, so I'm not hugely worried yet, but fingers crossed I don't continue to have such issues regularly in the next few weeks.

PS Plus free minis are downloadable but will not launch and give an error code. Apparently this is happening for everyone though, so this is likely to be fixed.

Annoying that the browser doesnt support flash, but they haven't ruled that out for the future yet, so fingers crossed.

Overall, I'm very happy so far. It really is a fab piece of kit. If anyone is still on the fence about a purchase and the cost isn't something that will affect rent payments etc, then I'd highly recommend one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

have 40 yo yo on my psn suggestions????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Thinking of getting one. Do you need wifi to play or setup?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »

jesus that was fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Varik wrote: »

Same here. Wasn't expecting it until Monday, then the delivery estimate from Amazon was tomorrow but it arrived today.
    Antibac wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one. Do you need wifi to play or setup?

You don't need wifi to set up or play games from disc/card. Obviously you would need it to access the online store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement