Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Weird one guys!! I bought rahman origins and everybody's golf in hmv yesterday didn't get to open em till today bout 10 minutes ago and the rayman origins game card was missing??? Rang store waiting for them to do some sort of a count but manuals etc were in the box.

Btw games were in bag from shop in boot of car so nobody went near the boxes!!

Just saying check to make sure games are in boxes etc as they are tiny

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Weird one guys!! I bought rahman origins and everybody's golf in hmv yesterday didn't get to open em till today bout 10 minutes ago and the rayman origins game card was missing??? Rang store waiting for them to do some sort of a count but manuals etc were in the box.

Were they plastic seal, or did HMV put games/manual into them.

Also has anyone else tried maps, my account has my real date of birth which puts me easily over 18 so not sure why i'm getting age restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭losttheplot

Bought the Vita with Uncharted from HMV. Got the game - but there is no manual with this game. Does anyone know if no manuals is the norm for Vita games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Varik wrote: »
    Were they plastic seal, or did HMV put games/manual into them.

Also has anyone else tried maps, my account has my real date of birth which puts me easily over 18 so not sure why i'm getting age restrictions.

Guy took games packaging out of plastic, think he is supervisor too!!

Mississippi just said he could have dropped card or anything!! Won't be impressed if I'm at a loss of 40 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Bought the Vita with Uncharted from HMV. Got the game - but there is no manual with this game. Does anyone know if no manuals is the norm for Vita games?

Most games included their manuals in the LiveArea of the game. Its the book icon above the launch button in the LiveArea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What's the story with the pre-order discounted game emails?

I successfully entered my pre order code online on monday night and the on screen information said I would get an email with my discount details closer to the launch and an email with the avatar crap within 72 hrs. I haven't recieved either yet.

What's everyone else's experience in that regard?

Haven't got mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

caspa307 wrote: »
    have 40 yo yo on my psn suggestions????

I got 50 and I am in same boat lol.

I want to get lumines or some psp games :)

Is Ni JA gained sigma any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

are they actually doing manuals over there then?

ive 10 boxed games here and not a single manual between them - a couple of online passes was about it

I got 50 and I am in same boat lol.

I want to get lumines or some psp games :)

Is Ni JA gained sigma any good?

get super stardust delta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ye it's class. My PSN is Serpheus if anyone wants to add
    me.

Re: Motorstorm RC

I'll be adding you later, I'm gonna pick this up later for PS3 (while humming and hawing about getting a Vita) so if anyone else was to add me

PSN: colmise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

I got an Uncharted bundle with a 16Gig card and a copy of Lumines yesterday in Gamestop after trading in a PSP and a load of games.

Didn't get much of a chance to mess around with it yet because of work and collge but decided to have a quick go at Lumines last night before hitting the hay. 50 minutes went by in what seemed like 5. I've never played a Lumines game before and I'm completely hooked. Dirculously good soundtrack too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is it possible to buy games from the US PSN in the same way that you can on the Playstation 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy games from the US PSN in the same way that you can on the Playstation 3?

If you make an american account you can, but you won't be able to use any them on any other account

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Has anyone looked into cases for the Vita?

I am looking for a hard case [not just a skin] that can hold games, memory sticks and possibly earphones or other cables. It would also need to be as slim as possible. Any ideas?

This is similar to what I want.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licensed-Custom-Crystal-PlayStation/dp/B006X0KBY6/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1330012952&sr=1-2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Otacon wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into cases for the Vita?

I am looking for a hard case [not just a skin] that can hold games, memory sticks and possibly earphones or other cables. It would also need to be as slim as possible. Any ideas?

This is similar to what I want.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Licensed-Custom-Crystal-PlayStation/dp/B006X0KBY6/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1330012952&sr=1-2

That's probably the best one. I'm probably going to get this one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-S-P-F-Case-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B006ZN5TQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1330013041&sr=1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The only case I've seen apart from the starter pack is one in gamestop. Looked a bit crap though.

chrislad wrote: »

The problem with that one, and my own option if I'm honest, is it is very bulky.

Ideally, I would get this if the top part had a compartment for games and cables.

http://www.zavvi.com/10587253.html

the official sony one came along with mine. no complaints about it apart from the fact it's only got compartments for 4 cartridges, but there's enough room in the roof of it to get 2 or 3 of the official game holders too

Helix wrote: »
    the official sony one came along with mine. no complaints about it apart from the fact it's only got compartments for 4 cartridges, but there's enough room in the roof of it to get 2 or 3 of the official game holders too

Do you have a link to it? Where is it available, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

can ye guys buy from the psn store cause i keep getting an error

• Advertisement

I can buy no problem but downloading from there was an issue. Instead I had to download the games to my PS3 and then transfer them over.

It happened for Escape Plan and Motorstorm RC. I assumed it was due to traffic

Otacon wrote: »
    Do you have a link to it? Where is it available, do you know?

i can't actually find it anywhere online now that you mention it. perhaps it's not a general release thing, which is a shame because it's a lovely hard shell case

ok just checked the sony site and it's not a general release case

PSV22056.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

+1 for Motorstorm RC. Unreal value for €6, add on Stardust Delta for €2 with the €5 off and that's two fantastic games for €8 in total.

Fantastic value if you're strapped for cash after splashing for the console!!!

I also picked up GTA Chinatown wars on sale for €8 after seeing the fantastic reviews it has. Never really looked into it at all not having a PSP and was expecting to be playing a fully 3d GTA along the lines of something like 3. When I realised it's a top down view throwback to GTA 1+2 I was extremely happy. Looks excellent can't wait to get stuck into it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

PSN : Padair

Great little console. Loving it

Just bought lumines... Well 2 hours ago...

What a simple addictive game!!! Savage!!! When it played "hey girl, hey boy" by chemical brothers I giggled like a little girl!!! :))))

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Hi lads

Have €37 to spend on ps store and a 16gb memory card so looking at getting some good PSP titles

Can anyone recommend which GTA to buy and tell me what there like on the vita. I haven't played chinatown wars before. Thinking of downloading two GTA's before the half price sale finishes on the 29th.
    Please recommend the best two out of the three and why

Also please add me if your stuck for ps vita friends. I'll be on FIFA alot
    PSN/sen - ComeraghBlue

Hi lads

Have €37 to spend on ps store and a 16gb memory card so looking at getting some good PSP titles

Can anyone recommend which GTA to buy and tell me what there like on the vita. I haven't played chinatown wars before. Thinking of downloading two GTA's before the half price sale finishes on the 29th.
    Please recommend the best two out of the three and why

Also please add me if your stuck for ps vita friends. I'll be on FIFA alot
    PSN/sen - ComeraghBlue

I would go for vice city and china town wars as they would be different from each other. China town wars has the few from top, like old gta, where's vice city got it third person way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I love Chinatown Wars and would highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Can anybody who's bought the 3G edition tell me about the data plans?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement