Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Wing126 wrote: »
    Can anybody who's bought the 3G edition tell me about the data plans?

Here you go :

2s01t0p.jpg

iwnckh.jpg

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Anyone have some info on any games coming out for vita?

Maybe we need some ps vita bargain thread too?

So i will be bringing back my Vita as there is somthing up with the screen. Its very dark. It turns out im not the only one with the problem. I have looked it up and other people have been having the same issue. My PSP is actually brighter then this. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Only game I am looking forward to at the moment is LBP on the Vita.
    I've been reading a lot about it and it has all the same features as the PS3 version and much much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

For anyone interested, I got my discount code and Frobisher code emailed to me (same email) and am currently downloading so check your email.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So i will be bringing back my Vita as there is somthing up with the screen. Its very dark. It turns out im not the only one with the problem. I have looked it up and other people have been having the same issue. My PSP is actually brighter then this. :mad:

aw man that sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Not sure about the accuracy.But it will give you some idea of what's coming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is anyone else getting an error msg when they go into maps that reads

"could not identify your current location.please try again later.(c2-13396-2)"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i am getting the same error

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is anyone else getting an error msg when they go into maps that reads

"could not identify your current location.please try again later.(c2-13396-2)"

Do you have a 3G Vita or a WiFi one? No GPS chip in the WiFi model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

chrislad wrote: »

Near works fine on the wifi model

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

On a side note rang hmv this evening and guy said come in tomorrow and we will sort you out with rayman origins!! The count of stock must have shown an extra copy thank god or game card was found near tills I won't know til tomorrow but phew I was panicking about it there all day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It takes your position as the house or building your connected to wifi through, but it's not working for me either. Had to mess with a few option to get the parental control over location to turn off, never turned it on so it must be default.

I have the PS3 on here and friends who i can see as online on the vita don't show up on the PS3.

Didn't like the rear touch pad this morning when i opened it but after a day in my greasy hands my fingers glide over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Hey guys, check out my quick video unboxing of the PS Vita!!

(I'm making more and more video reviews/unboxings and still in early stages so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU_oAH3BBNI

:pac:

For anyone who tried the uncharted demo.

Did it repeat for you as well.

jayjay2010 wrote: »

Had headphones in playing uncharted and tried to use caption.

good job Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Hey guys, check out my quick video unboxing of the PS Vita!!

(I'm making more and more video reviews/unboxings and still in early stages so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU_oAH3BBNI

:pac:

Can I ask why anyone bothers doing those unboxing vids?? What's the attraction? I absolutely cannot stand the way YouTube is full of bull like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just ordered a 32gb card off ebay 79 euro in total

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

bazzz wrote: »
    Here you go :

2s01t0p.jpg

iwnckh.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thank you!

chrislad wrote: »

Wifi model,the update yesterday added the maps to it

• Advertisement

Can I ask why anyone bothers doing those unboxing vids?? What's the attraction? I absolutely cannot stand the way YouTube is full of bull like that!!

The same reason i've tried to show the vita to every person i've seen today.

I got a cool new toy, everyone look at my Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

there has to be something wrong with wifi models and it obtaining location

maybe not everyone but it must be some setting on the vita or on your own internet router

any other applications have no issues with my wifi

its annoying me a bit now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone else notice that the FIFA ain't FIFA 12 it's FIFA 11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Will there be a new FIFA so in a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Anyone else notice that the FIFA ain't FIFA 12 it's FIFA 11

There are differences?!

Anyway, I can't believe how I love my vita!!!! Spent all evening playing lumines today. What an amazing game. Still got 15eu left on account, dunno what to grab. I might just buy one more 50eu code... ( I am mad! )

I really want that Psone update!!! Netflix update!!! Come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

There are differences?!

Anyway, I can't believe how I love my vita!!!! Spent all evening playing lumines today. What an amazing game. Still got 15eu left on account, dunno what to grab. I might just buy one more 50eu code... ( I am mad! )

I really want that Psone update!!! Netflix update!!! Come on!!!

lol i got all the psn games for vita today (as in ssd escape plan etc) I NEED MORE

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Just wondering if the 3G functionality is worth it? The ping would be to poor to play games online and the strict data caps would make downloading games unfeasible... So is it just for we browsing and PSN chat etc on the go?

Another €50 isnt bad but its the €20 a month on top of that for a decent data plan that would be the killer. Are most people going for Wifi only?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

conzymaher wrote: »
    Just wondering if the 3G functionality is worth it? The ping would be to poor to play games online and the strict data caps would make downloading games unfeasible... So is it just for we browsing and PSN chat etc on the go?

Another €50 isnt bad but its the €20 a month on top of that for a decent data plan that would be the killer. Are most people going for Wifi only?

Yes i think so, it's really not worth the money going 3G in my opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

I wish the vita had support for playing avi and mkv video files. It's a bit of a step back not having this on the vita. i really could not be arsed converting video files to mp4 it just downgrades the video quality and isn't worth the bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mark26 wrote: »
    I wish the vita had support for playing avi and mkv video files. It's a bit of a step back not having this on the vita. i really could not be arsed converting video files to mp4 it just downgrades the video quality and isn't worth the bother

I doubt MKV support is coming as the PS3 doesn't even have that, but AVI [or rather DIVX and XVID] support is almost certain to be patched in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement