Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

No error for me in Facebook. I'm on a WiFi PSV.

BTW I was browsing the store last night on my PS3 but went into the Vita section. I was looking through the PSP games listed there and some games that were meant not to work with it were on there. Gran Turismo, Resistance Retribution etc.

Has anyone tested these? I checked the description and they both said 'Compatible with the PSP and Playstation Vita'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yeah it's not bad at all for a first go on the handheld much better than psp FIFA obviously. I thought online was good seems steady with little lag with a good connection like the ps3 version. If any of you fancy a game add me rdoyle78.

Finding the right stick tricky to use on vita for FIFA compared to ps3, anyone else think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Yeah it's not bad at all for a first go on the handheld much better than psp FIFA obviously. I thought online was good seems steady with little lag with a good connection like the ps3 version. If any of you fancy a game add me rdoyle78.

Finding the right stick tricky to use on vita for FIFA compared to ps3, anyone else think that?
    Yeah takes abit of getting use to I find the left shoulder button needs to be pushed abit harder

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

Guy I just set up another account for the Vita backed up the original and then restore the factory setting and logged in with the new one very simple procedure. Add me: PSN: LONO52n

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does anyone else wifi connection keep cutting out?also should the vita pick up the wifi signal straight away when you turn it on?is anyone else signal really low like 40 %?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Does anyone else wifi connection keep cutting out?also should the vita pick up the wifi signal straight away when you turn it on?is anyone else signal really low like 40 %?

I've mentioned it earlier, but in case you missed it, I had a lot of trouble initially with connecting to my wifi and while I can't 100% confirm it, I believe it was due to the PSV being quite close to my laptop which was also connected to the wifi and streaming a match at the time. Both devices seemed to affect each othe'rs connection until I separated them. If you've tried everything else, maybe check to see if you can disable all other wireless devices in the house and see if that improves things any. Wouldn't expect so but worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Well, I just got mine.
    Was undecided whether to get it or not but missus got me a voucher for 130 euro for Game for my birthday (of all places).
    I went over and the only deal they had was:
    console (wifi)
    2 games (F1, Little Devients, Marvel V Capcom, and some other game)
    I took F1 and paid 20 euro extra for uncharted.
    They only had a 4gb stick so got that, 20 euro voucher for the psn store and a 20 % off a game in March.

Very steep and maybe should have waited.
    they didnt have half the games that were on display.
    Just had a quick game of F1, quite good, graphics not bad at all.
    I will try uncharted when I get home as I am in work at the moment.
    Not a cheap console but glad I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

caspa307 wrote: »
    random question is anyone getting an error when they try to load up facebook?

yea i do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Finally got around to playing a bit of Uncharted yesterday. Took a little bit to get use to the smaller analogue sticks, otherwise the game play brilliantly, and the graphics are really stunnings. Its a proper Uncharted game on a hand held :D.

Whats the story with the PSN store.
    I have 20 euro to spend, will that get me anything good?
    Can I redeem it against the U.S store?
    Any suggestions folks?
    Many thanks.

I am trying to get some more games to recoup the fortune I spent on the console..:D

• Advertisement

sham69 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the PSN store.
    I have 20 euro to spend, will that get me anything good?

Motorstorm RC is very good and cheap too. Depends on your taste but I found Escape Plan very enjoyable too.
    sham69 wrote: »
    Can I redeem it against the U.S store?

Unless its a US PSN card, then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Considering from this thread I guess it had way better launch then 3ds?

I honestly want bits to do well and attract attention of more developers! Any figures how well it I
    Did at launch in eu and us?

So far I can see everyone are happy with their purchase? :)

Otacon wrote: »
    Motorstorm RC is very good and cheap too. Depends on your taste but I found Escape Plan very enjoyable too.

Unless its a US PSN card, then no.

Cheers for the reply.
    I will try them so.

Anyone played Mutant Blobs Attack from the PS Store yet?

First few reviews are very positive and opinion seems to be that it's the surprise gem of the launch titles.

:( amazon lowerd there vita from 209.99 to 197.00

oh wait the memory card not free not more carry on =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I can finally have my vita tomorrow :D can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

:( amazon lowerd there vita from 209.99 to 197.00

oh wait the memory card not free not more carry on =)

The bundle is still there.

Vita Amazon offer

Lads. Any figures how ps vita did in Europe and us? I just some article that developers were switching to 3ds, because of poor launch in Japan. Surely vita had great launch in eu... Dunno about us.

Lads. Any figures how ps vita did in Europe and us? I just some article that developers were switching to 3ds, because of poor launch in Japan. Surely vita had great launch in eu... Dunno about us.

There probably won't be figures until next week as it only launched two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Bought a psp at launch had about 20 games max for it but still thought it was good value if I get 20 great vita games that will be worth it to me. Not one of these guys that thinks a machine needs lots of games don't have the time to play that many really.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    The bundle is still there.

Vita Amazon offer

It's not the same bundle though. The Memory card was free for pre-orders. It's 20 quid now, so despite the PSV price drop it's still more expensive overall than a few days ago. They've added Fifa as a game option though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Got fifa as a bundled game. I have played this on the PS3 but I was never that good at it. Is this one any better/easier or should I flog it? Himmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Whats the minimum euro PSN card you can buy in stores? Want to get Motorstorm RC but don't have enough in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Whats the minimum euro PSN card you can buy in stores? Want to get Motorstorm RC but don't have enough in my account.

Bought a psp at launch had about 20 games max for it but still thought it was good value if I get 20 great vita games that will be worth it to me. Not one of these guys that thinks a machine needs lots of games don't have the time to play that many really.

Don't understand me wrong! I love my vita! I love it more and more with each day! Potential is amazing for this hardware! I just don't want developers to write it off before time.

There are tons of moaners about how bad vita is, but our little thread is complete opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I would not take any notice of any doom and gloom articles at this point. The same doom and gloom articles were getting written about the 3DS for about 6 months after release, and it was only last October that most outlets started to change their tune. In fact, the same doom and gloom stuff was being said about the original DS in 2004 before it got released. It was called "a handheld that would never reach mass market" by Edge Magazine before it hit shelves way back then - and that was proven drastically wrong.

It is best to just enjoy the launch and "launch window" games, and wait a few months before looking to (and thinking about) the future.

tinodz wrote: »
    I would not take any notice of any doom and gloom articles at this point. The same doom and gloom articles were getting written about the 3DS for about 6 months after release, and it was only last October that most outlets started to change their tune. In fact, the same doom and gloom stuff was being said about the original DS in 2004 before it got released. It was called "a handheld that would never reach mass market" by Edge Magazine before it hit shelves way back then - and that was proven drastically wrong.

It is best to just enjoy the launch and "launch window" games, and wait a few months before looking to (and thinking about) the future.

and launch title list is damn great. psp games and soon psone support! yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

japan isnt the relevant market it once was. it's grand for japanese oriented games, but for anything remotely western it's not important at all. sure look at the ps3 and xbox sales there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

My first online game on FIFA I won 6-5 :) I am seriously loving Motorstorm and trying to beat my PSN friends best times is so much fun.
    lol i know im at that too :D

• Advertisement

I am loving uncharted and have a couple of games downloading from the psn.
    I am not liking F1, I should have picked a different game.
    Whats the chances of trading it in for a different game in gamestop.
    I know its early days, are they taking trade ins on vita games?
    Strange question I know..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement