Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

sham69 wrote: »
    I am loving uncharted and have a couple of games downloading from the psn.
    I am not liking F1, I should have picked a different game.
    Whats the chances of trading it in for a different game in gamestop.
    I know its early days, are they taking trade ins on vita games?
    Strange question I know..

You can be sure they'll take it off you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've mentioned it earlier, but in case you missed it, I had a lot of trouble initially with connecting to my wifi and while I can't 100% confirm it, I believe it was due to the PSV being quite close to my laptop which was also connected to the wifi and streaming a match at the time. Both devices seemed to affect each othe'rs connection until I separated them. If you've tried everything else, maybe check to see if you can disable all other wireless devices in the house and see if that improves things any. Wouldn't expect so but worth a shot.

Tryed that,turned off wireless in laptop,ipod touch and phone,still didn't improve a whole lot and that near you program won't work either :rolleyes: ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Yeah but at what price....
    Want wipeout or little devients or rayman.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Tryed that,turned off wireless in laptop,ipod touch and phone,still didn't improve a whole lot and that near you program won't work either :rolleyes: ffs

That sucks. Near hasn't worked for me or a number of others on here either. Might be something that will be fixed in a patch in the 'Near' future ... see what I did there?! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tonydude wrote: »
    lol i know im at that too :D

I spent an hour last night on one track when I realised I was only 1 second off breaking into the overall leaderboards and managed to do it. Got my name in on the #13 spot. Was fairly happy with that!! :D

Must log in later and see if i'm still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

tinodz wrote: »
    I would not take any notice of any doom and gloom articles at this point. The same doom and gloom articles were getting written about the 3DS for about 6 months after release, and it was only last October that most outlets started to change their tune. In fact, the same doom and gloom stuff was being said about the original DS in 2004 before it got released. It was called "a handheld that would never reach mass market" by Edge Magazine before it hit shelves way back then - and that was proven drastically wrong.

It is best to just enjoy the launch and "launch window" games, and wait a few months before looking to (and thinking about) the future.

this has been the bets launch title of games ever IMO. before this, 3ds, psp, 360/ps3 etc only had one or two games most people would buy without a thoght. for the vita you have 5-6 that are a must buy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone want to trade uncharted for FIFA when they are done with it? Maybe we should have a ps vita swapping thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just checked the amazon deal again,you can add ps vita wifi 8gb card and fifa and it translates to 278euro anyone on the fence about buying the vita this is a great deal treat yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mate of mine reviews games gave me a rayman origins! Would swap for lumines, wipeout or virtua tennis??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Got mine today, €150 for Rayman Origins and a 16GB card after trading in my 3DS and three Xbox games, happy out.

Anyone know if I can get anything good on the store for €4.50? It's all I have left on my PayPal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I see Sony allows you to download vita games on PSN at a cheaper price than boxed games in the shop. Is that the case ? and do you have to store everything on those expensive storage cards ? They dont even give you a storage card when you buy it. Can you keep games on your PS3 and copy games over ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I see Sony allows you to download vita games on PSN at a cheaper price than boxed games in the shop. Is that the case ? and do you have to store everything on those expensive storage cards ? They dont even give you a storage card when you buy it. Can you keep games on your PS3 and copy games over ?

Don't know the prices online v. in stores, but you can store them on your PS3 til you're ready to play them on the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Is it possible to load boxed games onto the memory card and play from there without having to swap game cards all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

moz wrote: »
    Is it possible to load boxed games onto the memory card and play from there without having to swap game cards all the time?
    No, then you could just sell the boxed copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

ShaneU wrote: »
    No, then you could just sell the boxed copy?

Yeah, I know that's the way it is with PS3 etc but I thought it was supposed to be a different system with Vita. Obviously not :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just tried to enter my frobishers discount code, but it says its too many letters or something :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

prices on PSN are different from retail, some better, some worse.

little deviants 24eu on PSN, wheres gamestop is taking full 40eu for it.

lumines 35eu on PSN and 40 eu in gamestop.

uncharted is 45eu in psn and 45eu in gamestop.

i am quite happy that psn game prices are matched or in some cases cheaper then retail. i iwll go for digital download over boxed version any time. those games are very fragile and taking them out is a pain in a hole...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Anybody else finding the download speeds from the store on the Vita slow? (maybe PSN is getting hammered), by slow I mean about 1mb every 4 - 5 seconds. I've got 100mb BB here, so would expect to be getting at least 3 to 5mb a sec on wireless, but perhaps the Vita is capped?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ronan wrote: »
    Anybody else finding the download speeds from the store on the Vita slow? (maybe PSN is getting hammered), by slow I mean about 1mb every 4 - 5 seconds. I've got 100mb BB here, so would expect to be getting at least 3 to 5mb a sec on wireless, but perhaps the Vita is capped?

I downloaded them to the ps3 and copied them over much much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

sham69 wrote: »
    I am loving uncharted and have a couple of games downloading from the psn.
    I am not liking F1, I should have picked a different game.
    Whats the chances of trading it in for a different game in gamestop.
    I know its early days, are they taking trade ins on vita games?
    Strange question I know..

€24 credit I think, try hmv,smyths and game first or put it up on adverts.

• Advertisement

Ronan wrote: »

I downloaded them to the ps3 and copied them over much much faster.

Thanks, I'll give that a go

My input code is 12 digits long, but it won't go into the PSN :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

are you putting it in one box at a time or trying to horse them all into one box?

Into 3 separate boxes, 4 digits in each. Won't let me put the last letter in.

cloud493 wrote: »

Is it on the store in the vita? For me it is auto going onto each box after I enter each 4 digits. Not much help I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

might be you are using lower case rather than upper case, or you are using o instead of 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

cloud493 wrote: »
    Are you talking about the pre-order code on the blue card?

No, I put it into the website, got the email for the discount code, doesn't go in properly.

Worked fine now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have gotten a friend request there but can't find a message, it's not on any of the PS3s if you're wondering. Does the vita allow request without any message or does it does have the request if the message was blank unlike the ps3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement