Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

cloud493 wrote: »
    Decided to sell my extra vita for a 3DS after all :) hopefully Cex might give me a decent enough price.

I'll trade you a 3DS with Zelda, Mario 3D, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revilation and Monkeyball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Woooooo got my full compliment today. Gravity daze is great!

Can barely understand the Japanese, and I'm STILL enjoying it. I'd recommend it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

padair wrote: »
    How much will you get sellnig it for?

Without uncharted, if I sell it separate, 230 I think. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

So I'm again intrigued by this argos catalogue error situation (which it clearly must be). Am thinking of looking to exploit it, but first want to how many people have successfully gotten the catalogue price, and do we know of anyone who was flat out rejected? I presume the till-jockeys are powerless, so you'll have to argue the case with a floor manager. Before I chance my arm, what are the experiences of others in terms of how easy/how hard it was?

TIA

So I'm again intrigued by this argos catalogue error situation (which it clearly must be). Am thinking of looking to exploit it, but first want to how many people have successfully gotten the catalogue price, and do we know of anyone who was flat out rejected? I presume the till-jockeys are powerless, so you'll have to argue the case with a floor manager. Before I chance my arm, what are the experiences of others in terms of how easy/how hard it was?

TIA

My friend got wipeout for the catalogue price in there(37.99), so you might get lucky.

• Advertisement

My friend got wipeout for the catalogue price in there(37.99), so you might get lucky.

That actually is the system price as well though
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=wipeout&authToken=

Uncharted is the one that is listed as 37.50 in the catalogue but 49.99 on their system.

Having read this ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055807998 ... I'm not sure I'll waste my time and energy

If you go to smyths, a loyalty card is 5 euro. Then you get wipeout/anything else for 36, uncharted for 40.50, it pays for itself.

If you go to smyths, a loyalty card is 5 euro. Then you get wipeout/anything else for 36, uncharted for 40.50, it pays for itself.

I'm a tightarse though and need more than 10% off RRP before i'll bite ;) Besides, zavvi have Uncharted for 41.50 and I've 10% off voucher for them so I may use it there. I was just weighing up an impulse purchase from argos so I'd have it for the weekend. I might just sit and wait for the price to drop though.

Thanks for the smyths tip anyway.

Cex are selling uncharted(golden abyss) for 42 euro :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ANYONE WANNA BUY A BRAND NEW WIFI VITA FOR 220?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Anyone wanna add me for a game of FIFA Gamer7746

Can't seem to get an online game going when I get an invite I press ps button go to messages accept invite but when it goes back into the game it's says I've been disconnected and I can't play. Anyone else have this issue?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LauraW7746 wrote: »

Can't seem to get an online game going when I get an invite I press ps button go to messages accept invite but when it goes back into the game it's says I've been disconnected and I can't play. Anyone else have this issue?

I'll add you for a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does anyone feel disappointed that MotorStorm RC doesn't offer real time online play? I don't really want to race against ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

ANYONE WANNA BUY A BRAND NEW WIFI VITA FOR 220?

No thanks. Have them for £192 new on here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0054Q82WI/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Free delivery too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

added

I just finished uncharted golden abyss, brilliant :D loved that ending too.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Found my first issue with vita today while playing uncharted got to a level that requires you to use sun light and vitas camera issue been I'm in fecking bed in the dark. It's fecking mandatory so rightly fecked have to wait until tomorrow to finish the level. I could turn on a light but i wish they made these things optional.....hope it's not going to be a trend shoe horning things in with no option to turn of or use another method.

Found my first issue with vita today while playing uncharted got to a level that requires you to use sun light and vitas camera issue been I'm in fecking bed in the dark. It's fecking mandatory so rightly fecked have to wait until tomorrow to finish the level. I could turn on a light but i wish they made these things optional.....hope it's not going to be a trend shoe horning things in with no option to turn of or use another method.

Doesn't have to be sunlight ;) just hold it towards a light, any kind will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Doesn't have to be sunlight ;) just hold it towards a light, any kind will do.

I know it's not sunlight that's needed but with the other half a sleep its hard to turn on a light in the room. It was bad enough waving my arms around with the touch controls going down the river ha ha....just wish they gave a bit of thought into the fact that this "handheld" might be played at night in bed....other than that it's a great bitvof kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 captainkrusty

lpving the vita but just wondering what is the outlook on future releases. what are the release dates for resistance and litttlebigplante??? and what unreleased titles do people expect to see on the system???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does anyone feel disappointed that MotorStorm RC doesn't offer real time online play? I don't really want to race against ghosts.

Yeah to be honest I am a bit, but for 6euro can you really expect online gameplay?... Maybe there could be some DLC for online play? But I don't think so...

@captainkrusty - June for Resistance and LBP as far as i know.. at least in America.. Might be May for Resistance

lpving the vita but just wondering what is the outlook on future releases. what are the release dates for resistance and litttlebigplante??? and what unreleased titles do people expect to see on the system???

Resistance is the 30th of may :D

whenever I try to add someone to a custom game in fifa they get disconnected and it's likewise when they do it,they also cant get access to the maps app or near me app,this is just so frustrating,did they release some vita's with a dodgey wifi chipset or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

whenever I try to add someone to a custom game in fifa they get disconnected and it's likewise when they do it,they also cant get access to the maps app or near me app,this is just so frustrating,did they release some vita's with a dodgey wifi chipset or what?

Does NAT effect the vita as much as it does the ps3? and does it the PSN vita use the same ports? Could be the issue

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Does NAT effect the vita as much as it does the ps3? and does it the PSN vita use the same ports? Could be the issue

I'm not sure what you mean tbh :o

Some people need to change NAT type for there playstation, sometimes it's NAT type 3 but the best is NAT type one, so need to mess around with settings.. I have my PS3 as type 2 but not sure if this is with Vita too... Does Near and Maps work for you?

LOL NotorietyH beat me by 0.1 of a second in a race in Motorstorm RC... I messed up at last bend!

I checked nat type and it's nat type 3 it says some network features may be restricted I have eircom broadband does anyone know how to change this I think this is the cause of my FIFA, maps and near problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Resistance is the 30th of may :D

and lbp is 27th of june :p

I checked nat type and it's nat type 3 it says some network features may be restricted I have eircom broadband does anyone know how to change this I think this is the cause of my FIFA, maps and near problems

I am type 2 and I still suffer major issues :confused: Over the last 30mins I have been disconnected from online Motorstorm RC twice...

• Advertisement

I fixed it go to wifi settings then click on your broadband point eg eircom1234 or whatever then go to advanced settings then click ip address settings then click pppoe then enter pppoe user name and password as broadband1 and it will change to nat type 1 and it's sorted! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement