Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would imagine €39.99 across the board,less 10% in Smyths.I will be in HMV tomorrow and will update when I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Finished the unit 13 demo and levelled stealth guy up to 3, would like a silencer for my main gun as i had to use the pistol the whole time to keep stealthy.

Not sure if i'll get it first week with 10% off or wait a while, it might be a while before it drops to that price again.

Varik wrote: »
    Finished the unit 13 demo and levelled stealth guy up to 3, would like a silencer for my main gun as i had to use the pistol the whole time to keep stealthy.

Not sure if i'll get it first week with 10% off or wait a while, it might be a while before it drops to that price again.

Give it three months and most of these launch titles will be 2 for €50 or less,I regret getting the likes of Asphalt and Ridge Racer now as they will be 2 for €30 soon,crap games more suited to android/itunes stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

One last question before I get a Vita here in NZ. Would I be able to setup a euro account over here? I know I won't be able to download anything but I don't wanna lose all my purchased items when I get home if I setup a NZ one.

You should be able to,just use your Irish address and buy the € PSN cards on ebay to top it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

shuffles03 wrote: »
    One last question before I get a Vita here in NZ. Would I be able to setup a euro account over here? I know I won't be able to download anything but I don't wanna lose all my purchased items when I get home if I setup a NZ one.

I'm in sydney and bought one, gave my home address as ireland and am linked to the EU store. Can download games no bother using my irish credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm doing the trophies in uncharted now, getting the right angle to take some of these photos is such a pain >.<

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is unit 13 kinda like the old rainbow 6 where you could change "role"(I guess is the right word) when needed? so like you could change from a guy with a machine to the sniper to deal with a situation and go back to the guy with the machine gun again.....makes sense :D?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm doing the trophies in uncharted now, getting the right angle to take some of these photos is such a pain >.<
    Yeah it gonna take ages! 200 treasures. The dlc map isn't a great help either. No pain no gain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

gets much easier if you copy the zoom level in the top left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah it gonna take ages! 200 treasures. The dlc map isn't a great help either. No pain no gain :D
    ShaneU wrote: »

I found it next to impossible to do it at first, but then I saw the zoom figure and since I have not needed to redo a photo.

ShaneU wrote: »

I'm doing that, its finding the right angle to get the camera icon to appear thats a pain >.< and that DLC map to find the treasures is rubbish, frankly.

Otacon wrote: »
    I found it next to impossible to do it at first, but then I saw the zoom figure and since I have not needed to redo a photo.
    Yeah once you a handle on the Zoom the photos are much easier. Some of the weapons are going to be tough to get, the SAS for one as there isnt that much opportunity to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Just sent a load of friend requests there.

PSN is civilnug.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

Total newbie here.

I tried out the Vita in-store the other day and was amazed with it and am thinking of getting one for my son.

He likes Call of Duty and GTA. What are the chances of these coming out on the Vita? Also I COD did come out would it have online play too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

heybert wrote: »
    Total newbie here.

I tried out the Vita in-store the other day and was amazed with it and am thinking of getting one for my son.

He likes Call of Duty and GTA. What are the chances of these coming out on the Vita? Also I COD did come out would it have online play too?

Chances are very high.. COD has already been announced and with the release of GTA V next year maybe they will release a Vita title also who knows... Yes COD would have online play (I pressume) a COD title without online = fail

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭heybert

Chances are very high.. COD has already been announced and with the release of GTA V next year maybe they will release a Vita title also who knows... Yes COD would have online play (I pressume) a COD title without online = fail

Great, thanks. Any idea on a release date for COD?

Also, I just read that you can download the old GTA games onto the vita. Do they run/look well?

heybert wrote: »
    Great, thanks. Any idea on a release date for COD?

Also, I just read that you can download the old GTA games onto the vita. Do they run/look well?

I suppose around November, may coincide with the release of the PS3 and Xbox versions...

AFAIK they do look and run well.. But I have not played them.. I think theres a few settings you can tweak... Think theres a thread here about PS Vita hints and that, I seen the guide to tweaking them there..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone who had Near/location problems get it working.

No I am trying to change NAT type to NAT type 1 but the details for Vodafone that someone posted didn't work for me..

• Advertisement

Bugger, I started a new game on uncharted to do the hard trophy, reset all my treasures and stuff I think :mad:

My came online on friday, I registered with Skyhook last wednesday and that I presume solved it.

Bugger, I started a new game on uncharted to do the hard trophy, reset all my treasures and stuff I think :mad:
    I did the same the first time, if you didnt overwrite your first game all you do is play the chapters in Hard mode. Once you start chapter one on hard you get back all your collection of treasures etc. Hope you lose your original game save :)

No I am trying to change NAT type to NAT type 1 but the details for Vodafone that someone posted didn't work for me..
    I got my near working but I am still having problems with Fifa even put in my Vita in DMZ mode outside of the routers firewall. I had the same issue with Fifa 12 on the PS3 back in Oct but assigning it to a DMZ solved it. I am Nat 2 on two different broadband accounts. Have you used your Vita in a Wifi hotspot or with mobile broadband in a different location by any chance.

I did the same the first time, if you didnt overwrite your first game all you do is play the chapters in Hard mode. Once you start chapter one on hard you get back all your collection of treasures etc. Hope you lose your original game save :)

Nope, I overwrote the original save :mad:

Nope, I overwrote the original save :mad:
    Balls! Its fare annoying it never said it in the instructions either, I expected it to be the same as in Uncharted 3. The weapon stats being reset is the biggest problem even though you have a hard and crushing playthrough to go.

I got my near working but I am still having problems with Fifa even put in my Vita in DMZ mode outside of the routers firewall. I had the same issue with Fifa 12 on the PS3 back in Oct but assigning it to a DMZ solved it. I am Nat 2 on two different broadband accounts. Have you used your Vita in a Wifi hotspot or with mobile broadband in a different location by any chance.

Have only briefly tried in a wifi hotspot... But I wasnt using it my mate was... I had issues in past games of Fifa as well as COD... It's been since I got a Belkin router.. Maybe yours is Belkin too?... Then I had to get my bro to sort it all out and changed Nat type to 2...

Don't have a clue how to get it to 1 :confused:

Balls! Its fare annoying it never said it in the instructions either, I expected it to be the same as in Uncharted 3. The weapon stats being reset is the biggest problem even though you have a hard and crushing playthrough to go.

Well at least trophies say which weapons you've got the trophy for. So I'l just make an effort to use different weapons :)

Have only briefly tried in a wifi hotspot... But I wasnt using it my mate was... I had issues in past games of Fifa as well as COD... It's been since I got a Belkin router.. Maybe yours is Belkin too?... Then I had to get my bro to sort it all out and changed Nat type to 2...

Don't have a clue how to get it to 1 :confused:
    Belkin Router too, its really poor :mad: and I only got it last year. I must see can it be changed from nat 2 to nat 1.

• Advertisement

Really wanna get shut of wipeout, not enjoying it at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement