Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Otacon wrote: »
    Question: Is there an easy way [i.e. without opening the slot] to see what game you currently have in? I sometimes forget what game I have in the slot, if any.

Main screen on the Vita shows the game that is in and your downloadable games..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Main screen on the Vita shows the game that is in and your downloadable games..

But it shows all the games you have put into it. My question was about whatever is currently in the card slot.

For instance, I have five games on game cards [Uncharted, Wipeout, Rayman, FIFA and Everybody's Golf]. When I have Uncharted in the drive, is there a way of seeing on the main screen that I have that in, rather than any of the others, besides opening their respective LiveAreas and trying each one or opening the card slot itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Otacon wrote: »
    But it shows all the games you have put into it. My question was about whatever is currently in the card slot.

For instance, I have five games on game cards [Uncharted, Wipeout, Rayman, FIFA and Everybody's Golf]. When I have Uncharted in the drive, is there a way of seeing on the main screen that I have that in, rather than any of the others, besides opening their respective LiveAreas and trying each one or opening the card slot itself?

Ohh right, I didn't know all of them showed up :eek: That seems silly to me, if that was the case with the PS3 my hole XMB would freeze and there would be too many games to keep track of..

Not sure about what your asking now, but I do hope Sony fix that, that will definately become a nuisance

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Gadhafi

I really wanna pick one of these up, is it really worth the price tag though or should I hold out for a price drop in the summer or later? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Try having less games :rolleyes: Whenever you put a separate game card in, it like, bounces on the screen, says 'uncharted golden abyss, please wait' then its done. Thats how I remember.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Gandalph wrote: »
    Is it possible to download ps1 games with updated graphics and that on the vita? I havnt had a hand held console since game boy color so I'm a bit behind on the tech!
    Gadhafi wrote: »
    I really wanna pick one of these up, is it really worth the price tag though or should I hold out for a price drop in the summer or later? :confused:

Q1:not yet but id say a month before you can as there just trying to get it stable

Q2: right now buy it, i have 2 kids one uses the ps3 for netflix the other uses the tv for dora, with the vita i can just sit down and play its fantastic:D

caspa307 wrote: »

Q2: right now buy it, i have 2 kids one uses the ps3 for netflix the other uses the tv for dora, with the vita i can just sit down and play its fantastic:D

I genuinely don't think I can hold out for much longer, I can see myself walking into xtra vision later :/

I genuinely don't think I can hold out for much longer, I can see myself walking into xtra vision later :/

go into game/gamestop tomorrow and play a demo unit

caspa307 wrote: »
    go into game/gamestop tomorrow and play a demo unit

I was looking for demo units around the place in shops last week but there was none, have they only set them up recently or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They are behind the counter in most stores, no stands will be set up.

Did anyone bother with Michael Jackson for Vita, also Ninja Gaiden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

They are behind the counter in most stores, no stands will be set up.

Did anyone bother with Michael Jackson for Vita, also Ninja Gaiden.

do xtra vision have any set up do ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nal wrote: »
    do xtra vision have any set up do ya know?

No,I wouldn't think anyone has set them up. You can go to the PS Vita Vaults to try them out if no store near you has a display model.

Most Gamestop and Smyths stores in Dublin have a display model or they did last week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Or just take our word that its CLASS!!!

Darksaga87 wrote: »

Which it is ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Vita is deadly, love it so much

Also i know the Gamestop in the Northside shopping centre have a demo unit behind the counter. When i was buying wipeout, the guy that served me showed me Uncharted on it as I had said i hadn't seen any gameplay of it on the vita

Darksaga87 wrote: »

aggghhhhhh stopppppp :(

I want one so much...why doesn't watching countless hours of vita videos on youtube bring me any closer to this beautiful creation :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Got my thrustmaster case today. It's defo not a traveling case as it's too big but perfect for in the house http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-S-P-F-Case-Vita-PlayStation/dp/B006ZN5TQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330979031&sr=8-1

I'm just looking for like, a slip case. Using a sock right now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

prob best to go for the starter kit so? u get a pouch and a leather type flip case thing

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Paarthurnax

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm just looking for like, a slip case. Using a sock right now :p
    That sock idea should go on the tips page :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

BArra wrote: »
    prob best to go for the starter kit so? u get a pouch and a leather type flip case thing

Ye probably. My case looks like it contains a load of uranium.

That sock idea should go on the tips page :D

Hey, it works fine ;)

so I went down to xtra vision for the look and I've come home empty handed...again. Ive been in a few times just to contemplate what to do but each time I decide against it.

I dunno, I can afford it but I don't think I can justify spending that amount of money on it. I work so hard for the money I earn and I just don't think I can spend all that money on the vita. Am I not well/crazy? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

so I went down to xtra vision for the look and I've come home empty handed...again. Ive been in a few times just to contemplate what to do but each time I decide against it.

I dunno, I can afford it but I don't think I can justify spending that amount of money on it. I work so hard for the money I earn and I just don't think I can spend all that money on the vita. Am I not well/crazy? :(

Think long-term rather than short-term. Will you make good use out of it for a number of years?

I got almost 4 years of incredible value out of the psp, which made the initial cost worth it in my mind.

Also, there are a lot of good psn minis available which are much cheaper than full retail games. A space shooter for two bucks is the perfect example - literally costs 2 bucks and is a great game

But only you can make the decision - don't put it on anyone else!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    Think long-term rather than short-term. Will you make good use out of it for a number of years?

I got almost 4 years of incredible value out of the psp, which made the initial cost worth it in my mind.

Also, there are a lot of good psn minis available which are much cheaper than full retail games. A space shooter for two bucks is the perfect example - literally costs 2 bucks and is a great game

But only you can make the decision - don't put it on anyone else!!

good post, thanks. I definitely got value for money out of my psp too, but my psp go well that's another story. maybe that's why I'm a little hesitant with this.

Il sleep on it I think, see what tomorrow brings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Why would Sony not do something while developing like making the screen anti glare?? Mad to think we had to buy the console then buy games then have to buy a mystery memory card to play the games that is WAY overpriced.. Drives me mad just thinking of the crap we put up with as consumers!!!

I reckon I have spent 600 on the vita and games and accessories probably close to 700! I would have expected to be able to play a portable console outside seeing as that's it's main purpose!!!

They don't do matte screen like a lot of luxury electronics makers cos people want "deH SHINY" cool new thing

good post, thanks. I definitely got value for money out of my psp too, but my psp go well that's another story. maybe that's why I'm a little hesitant with this.

Il sleep on it I think, see what tomorrow brings.

keep in mind any games you had for the go can be used on the vita......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I got http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00623EAQO/ref=oh_o01_s00_i04_details

It holds the vita and has pouches for 2 games. Nice soft material if it falls, perfect for bringing with me when travelling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement