Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

cloud493 wrote: »
    Double post, Unit 13 review from Eurogamer, 8/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-06-unit-13-review

Been playing it all night it is very good.

I loving this Vita, its my new favourite console. For once a launch console actually goes above my expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Would if my vita was working >.< gonna have to call Sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would if my vita was working >.< gonna have to call Sony.

Nothing to do with Sony, you're first point of call is with the retailer. That's who you have a contract with.

Been out for 2 weeks, am I entitled to a replacement then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Been out for 2 weeks, am I entitled to a replacement then?

It's the usual repair, replace or refund scenario.
    You work for HMV(I believe), surely you know how it works.
    You deal with the retailer, nothing to do with Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Unit 13 review up. Really enjoyed it and I would recommend everyone check out the demo at the very least, because it's tons of fun

http://clickonline.com/games/review--unit-13/7365/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Helix wrote: »
    Unit 13 review up. Really enjoyed it and I would recommend everyone check out the demo at the very least, because it's tons of fun

http://clickonline.com/games/review--unit-13/7365/

Howdy helix is unit 13 that good?? Any replay value or online multiplayer??

all covered in the review :P

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's the usual repair, replace or refund scenario.
    You work for HMV(I believe), surely you know how it works.
    You deal with the retailer, nothing to do with Sony.

Oh yeah :o Well we'll offer a replacement before refund, so thats great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

p.s. did tekken vs street vigeter came out? how is it on vita?

Not for another few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I always seem to have the most questions but anyway...

Has anyone gotten Remote Start to work on their Vitas over the Internet? I can use mine over my home network but not when I am away from my house.

I think I have my PS3 set up correct [a static IP within the network, a static global IP given to me by my ISP, UPnP on my router, obviously the setting ticked on my PS3] but it will not connect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Not for another few months

So it won't be out with console at same time?!

Can netflix be used over remote play?

I tried Vidzone last night but it didn't work. It wasn't blocked from use because of it being accessed using remote play, it just couldn't connect at the time.

I assume Netflix would be similar.

Thats annoying :mad: The Americans can use netflix through the vita can't they?

Thats annoying :mad: The Americans can use netflix through the vita can't they?

They have a Netflix app alright. Not sure if/when its coming out here though.

Not for me but RTE player did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

So it won't be out with console at same time?!

No

Q3 2012 according to this link

http://psp.gamespy.com/tba-playstation-portable-2/street-fighter-x-tekken/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

http://ie.vita.ign.com/articles/122/1220198p1.html

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Online retailer Play.com has inadvertently announced four upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. Monster Hunter 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Nights, Final Fantasy Type-O and Tales of Innocence were all listed as available for pre-order by the website. -ign.com

http://kotaku.com/5891238/new-grand-theft-auto-final-fantasy-games-could-be-headed-to-vita?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

A tipster sent gaming website Eurogamer the above screenshot, which contains retail listings for Vita games Monster Hunter Portable 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Nights, Tales of Innocence R, and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
    Monster Hunter Portable 3 may be related to the PSP game Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, which publisher Capcom never released outside of Japan.
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Nights could be a portable spinoff or remake of publisher Rockstar's popular open-world game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Its title is somewhat reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, which Rockstar released for Sony's Vita predecessor, the PlayStation Portable, in 2005. A prequel to Vice City, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, hit the PSP in 2006.
    Publisher Namco Bandai has already released the roleplaying game Tales of Innocence R in Japan, though it has not yet announced localization for the U.S. or Europe.
    Perhaps the most interesting news here is an HD version of action-RPG Final Fantasy Type-0, which publisher Square Enix released for PlayStation Portable in Japan last year. Although the chances that we'll see that PSP game in the U.S. or Europe seem fairly slim, an HD remake for PlayStation Vita is far more likely to make its way over here. kokatu.com

caspa307 wrote: »
    Online retailer Play.com has inadvertently announced four upcoming games for the PlayStation Vita. Monster Hunter 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Nights, Final Fantasy Type-O and Tales of Innocence were all listed as available for pre-order by the website. -ign.com

Highlighted the one that is peaking my interest.

The others seem to just be ports of PSP games [though VCN could be VCS remade too I suppose]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Is there a way to create a US account and download all the goodies the yanks get?

Or even changing DNS setting via unblock US?

http://unblock-us.com/

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Is there a way to create a US account and download all the goodies the yanks get?

Or even changing DNS setting via unblock US?

http://unblock-us.com/

You can certainly create a US PSN/SEN account and download items from there without changing DNS settings.

HOWEVER,

you cannot have concurrent PSN/SEN account on your Vita. Basically, if you want to use a US account, that is all you can use on your Vita.

You can have a US and an EU account as long as you have two memory cards. This will also work if you have 2 or more people using the one console. You do need to format the console everytime you swap though and sit through the start up video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Help!!! Did a system restore and now have lOst all my vita trophies even after a sync 😞

Help!!! Did a system restore and now have lOst all my vita trophies even after a sync 😞

Can you see them if you log into the Playstation website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Otacon wrote: »
    You can certainly create a US PSN/SEN account and download items from there without changing DNS settings.

HOWEVER,

you cannot have concurrent PSN/SEN account on your Vita. Basically, if you want to use a US account, that is all you can use on your Vita.

Thats a pain in the flange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ok Sussed it need to play each game to re activate the trophies from the games

You can have a US and an EU account as long as you have two memory cards. This will also work if you have 2 or more people using the one console. You do need to format the console everytime you swap though and sit through the start up video.

you dont actually need 2 memory cards for it to work, you can do it on one, but you'll only be able to play the games owned by the active profile. you dont format anything either, just restore the vita to factory settings. finally, you can skip the video by powering the device off and back on as soon as it starts

Ok Sussed it need to play each game to re activate the trophies from the games

if you tape the psn tab in trophies youll see them there anyway - you just wont have any on the system itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Helix wrote: »
    you dont actually need 2 memory cards for it to work, you can do it on one, but you'll only be able to play the games owned by the active profile. you dont format anything either, just restore the vita to factory settings. finally, you can skip the video by powering the device off and back on as soon as it starts

will i lose all my game saves by doing that?
    also when i switch back to Irish Acc would all the american downloads be there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement