Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

beercr8te wrote: »
    Just managed to get through first mission albeit with a few beers, it's really good. just tried the daily mission and I'm to tipsy to get any further, i've had no problems after downloading the patch.

what's this daily mission? Jesus,I'm real tempted to buy this now tomorrow :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

cloud493 wrote: »
    Unit 13 is really good. It sounds short when you hear '36 missions' but there's also high value targets(bosses) daily challenges, trophies, high scores, etc.

Is there boss fights at the end of each mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

what's this daily mission? Jesus,I'm real tempted to buy this now tomorrow :rolleyes:

You get to download a new mission everyday, means this game never gets stale.

beercr8te wrote: »
    You get to download a new mission everyday, means this game never gets stale.

sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Has anybody tried out the party app yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is there boss fights at the end of each mission?

No. Basically, at the end of every mission, you get rated out of 5 stars. Those stars are added to a total. When you get a certain amount, you get an opportunity to fight a high value target(boss)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i-nxNDPRF-X2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ok got unit 13 didn't get to play it with kids etc so anyone who got it or has played it?? Is it worth day one prices or wait for a price drop??

Also anyone played blazblue?? Any good on vita?? Anyone seen it going cheap??

Whoever it was that asked, you'll get 30 for Fifa in Smyths. With a loyalty card you'll only pay 6 quid then.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Arrrrgggghhh--My heads wrecked.
    Im still in two minds as to whether to pick one up or not.Anyone thats spent a couple of weeks with one--

Whats the verdict??

Is it worth buying?

Whats the must have game for starting out??

Is ps3 remote play any use??How easy is it to transfer purchases from the Ps3 to--can I download a Vita game through the ps3 store and transfer it to the Vita?

Cmon --convince me??

And what the best package out there at the minute.

Xtrvision have a Vita+4gb card+Uncharted for €289 ( I think it is)
    Theres also a couple on adverts going at the right price-whet you reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

@Hellrazer

DO IT

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

@Hellrazor

Do it man, i've had mine since day 2 and have barely put it down. I got mine from xtravision, they done a deal (probably still have it too) which was the wifi Vita, 4gb Memory card and Fifa for 280.

Its the first handheld console i've ever bought that justifies the money i've spent on it near launch, and the games price too as they're close to ps3/xbox360 type graphics.

I can't comment on remote play as i haven't used it. Also can't comment on transfering purchases but from what i've read in other posts on threads its meant to be a doddle.

Also as for games starting out, I have Fifa and Wipeout and I would recommend them both. Otherwise i've heard Uncharted and Rayman Origins are pretty stellar choices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im still in two minds as to whether to pick one up or not.Anyone thats spent a couple of weeks with one--

Whats the verdict??

Is it worth buying?

Is ps3 remote play any use??How easy is it to transfer purchases from the Ps3 to--can I download a Vita game through the ps3 store and transfer it to the Vita?

Cmon --convince me??

JUST DO IT

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Been reading this thread everyday but haven't really contributed due to it being a pain to sign in on the phone

Here's my two cents

Must have games IMO are - Rayman origins, StardustDelta, motorstorm RC, Any of the GTA's and if you like football then you can't go wrong with FIFA

I seen a question about the GTA's working? Well iv the 3 of them and they work fine

Also if your getting a vita make sure to get a 16gb card because I made the mistake of getting a 4gb and traded it in for the 16gb within two days as its just simply too small.

One more thing..... I bloody love Stardust!

You can trade in memory cards?
    Yep, i got €10 credit for the 4gb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

my near has sprung to life today when i checked it again

its about a week since i registered on skyhook :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Whats the verdict??

Is it worth buying?

Cmon --convince me??

This is my favourite piece of equipment at home. And I got 1.5k+++ worth gaming pc and all the modern consoles out there.

I got only 3 games do far, but all of them epic. Rayman origins, lumines and psp monster hunter.

I would recomend buying ps vita with biggest memory card you can afford, even of it will cost you to get an extra game now. Best scenario: get ps vita + 16gb + rayman + 50 eu psn credit.

So far games in psn shop are match with retai prices. And then you got a huge psp library if you don't see something good for vita ( which is doubtfull )

P.s lads, do you thing mvc 3 will drop in price soon. I would love to get it cheaply just for shots and giggles. Or I might just wait for mortal combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

This is my favourite piece of equipment at home. And I got 1.5k+++ worth gaming pc and all the modern consoles out there.

I got only 3 games do far, but all of them epic. Rayman origins, lumines and psp monster hunter.

I would recomend buying ps vita with biggest memory card you can afford, even of it will cost you to get an extra game now. Best scenario: get ps vita + 16gb + rayman + 50 eu psn credit.

So far games in psn shop are match with retai prices. And then you got a huge psp library if you don't see something good for vita ( which is doubtfull )

P.s lads, do you thing mvc 3 will drop in price soon. I would love to get it cheaply just for shots and giggles. Or I might just wait for mortal combat.

I bought a brand new one from a fellow boardsie for 25 euro which is a bargain I know he has another copy of it!! Are u interested at 25 for a used copy? He might not be selling it though but I'll ask if you want?

BArra wrote: »
    my near has sprung to life today when i checked it again

its about a week since i registered on skyhook :p

skyhook?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

sony uses skyhook for the vitas location based services

http://www.skyhookwireless.com/location-technology/coverage.php

before i registered it said my location was in the artic....

you can register on the above link

6 days after registering my MAC address from router it is now working

BArra wrote: »
    sony uses skyhook for the vitas location based services

http://www.skyhookwireless.com/location-technology/coverage.php

before i registered it said my location was in the artic....

you can register on the above link

6 days after registering my MAC address from router it is now working

Dam just realised this probably won't fix the fact that I can't access near me on the vita anyway,ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I have a ps3 but I do not use it so not familiar with it, can I download games on my ps3 network account to my psvita or something? How do I go about doing it?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Think you lot have made my mind up...roll on pay day.Been saving a few quid each week to buy one so Im gonna go for it--probably be next week before I pick it up though.

Think you lot have made my mind up...roll on pay day.Been saving a few quid each week to buy one so Im gonna go for it--probably be next week before I pick it up though.

You won't regret it, also loads of us here to add and play with/against anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Bet next week will go slowly for you then ;)

Whats monster hunter like?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Whats monster hunter like?

its like this when you start: :rolleyes:

then you do a tuturail and look like this: :(

then you start doing some quests: :o

then you get your first upgraded weapons and some kick ass looking armor! :p

then you get a quest where a huge pink monkey jumps on you and squishing you in pieces and then farts on you, so you cant use potions. to make it worse that monkey belly flops on you to finish you off. rage quit, turn of vita watch telly : :mad:

in two hours you are back and take more potions with you and arrange a second date with a monkey: :cool:

There's 25 people playing near me :eek:

13 people here cloud, and thats the highest i've ever gotten lol

This only a 3 mile radius isn't it? Thats mad.

• Advertisement

Dam ye and yer near me working! Dam ye all to hell ! Mine still wont work :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement