Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating and UCAS

• 08-07-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, are there any universities in the UK that consider repeat Leaving Cert students for medicine?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

jumpguy wrote: »
    Hey everyone, are there any universities in the UK that consider repeat Leaving Cert students for medicine?

This may be misleading but I'm not sure if it's against UCAS rules or whatever but couldn't you just put down your predicted grades for Leaving Cert 2012 and don't list your 2011 results under previous qualifications?

Therefore they won't know you're repeating! ;)

and Randy/other Mods I am sorry if this post is like against the rules..?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

This may be misleading but I'm not sure if it's against UCAS rules or whatever but couldn't you just put down your predicted grades for Leaving Cert 2012 and don't list your 2011 results under previous qualifications?

Therefore they won't know you're repeating! ;)

and Randy/other Mods I am sorry if this post is like against the rules..?!
    I think it might be a bit against the law, even, lies by omission. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I think it might be a bit against the law, even, lies by omission. :P

Oh! :eek:

Maybe don't take my advice so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Maybe don't take my advice so!
    Now that *is* sound advice! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

More appropriate bump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You might get a quicker response in the hpat thread, jumpy, given people would be subscribed?

Forum traffic is low enough just at the moment, and a fair bit of what there is, is from next year's LCers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Jumpguy, you always do better than you expect in exams. Wait until the results come out before you decide about repeating, applying to UCAS etc. There is plenty of options out there in relation to medicine, you don't necessarily have to repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 k.stewart

Brighton do according to my principal.. not sure of any others tho.
    Have you found out which ones take repeats since posting this? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

I wouldnt mind finding this out either.

Advertisement