Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel gun storage

Options
  • 08-07-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm heading up to Tullamore soon to do a bit of shooting in the Midlands club. I plan on staying over night in the town. Does anyone have any advice on overnight gun storage? Are there any hotels in Tullamore with secure storage facilities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

give jim griffen in MNSCI a bell he should be able to sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Seamus357 wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Tullamore soon to do a bit of shooting in the Midlands club. I plan on staying over night in the town. Does anyone have any advice on overnight gun storage? Are there any hotels in Tullamore with secure storage facilities?

Seamus,
    If I were you I would keep it in your possession.

Keep in mind I am no lawyer.

However, how can the hotel take possession if a valid firearm's ID is required.

Furthermore, would you trust them?

But that's just me.

A second thought would be to pop into the Gardai station and ask for their advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

give jim griffen in MNSCI a bell he should be able to sort it out

For peace of mind you could leave them in Jim Griffens in Rahan (RFD)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Give the MNSCI a call and I'd be pretty sure Jim Griffin should be able to sort you out or at least point you in the right direction.
    Can't be the first time in recent weeks that storage facilities were required!:rolleyes::D

Advertisement