Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keepsake - baby footprint

• 08-07-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Hiya, have my beautiful baby boy and was looking to get a print of his hand and footprint, havent a clue where to get a kit - would it better to get the ink type or the "cast" type?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I saw a kit including frame for sake in mothercare. I think it was around €75.
    Boots sell a little tin of clay for around €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I got one of these as a present. I've seen them in a lot of shops, but Am@zon do them too. €20ish. Very easy and not messy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xxkazxx

You can find them in big bookstores aswell they can cost anywhere from €10-€60 depending what your looking for. If your getting the clay there are ones that have a softer clay so you dont have to push down too hard on there hands and feet. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

We tried to do it ourselves with one of those kits and it was a disaster. We couldnt get Caoimhe to leave her hand and foot in the clay for long enough. She was about 9-10 weeks when we tried doing it. Gave up eventually and went into Brown Thomas and got it done for €90. Much better as it comes in a lovely frame and the clay is glazed and painted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We thought this would be the most wonderful christmas presents for the grandparents. At six months old, I'd reckon you have to knock the kid out to get them to stay still long enough for the process to work.

But on the plus side, any arts and crafts shop will sell the sets for 20 quid or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

we got a present of a cast one was very easy to use and not too messy,think it was bought in tkmax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭g0g

We got one that was on sale in Mothercare - has space for photo plus most importantly get a frame with room for both hand and foot print! Not the easiest thing in the world to do with a one-month old, especially getting both on the same piece of clay! Thankfully it it doesn't work out you can start over. The tricky one is the hand - once our lad realised we were trying to open it out he became determined to make it into a fist! In the end I think e got the print in his sleep!!! :pac: Took nearly as long to get right as the passport photo but was worth it! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Our fella went mental in Hamley's Dundrum getting his hand and feet done. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Trying to get them to open their fists when they're small is terrible!

Did a 6 week old footprint and then did the mothercare cast thingies at 3 months.

Advertisement