Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eligibility for 1yr USA working Visa Quesiton...

• 08-07-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Please move if this is not the correct forum...I have searched through previous threads but cant find an answer for the question I have...

Im referring to the 1 yr working visa granted for Irish citizens who have completed a college course within the last 12 months.

Im an F-1 student in California currently completing a Masters and will be finished this December.

I'm trying my best to secure work (or internship that my F1 visa allows) over here but in the event that I cant Im wondering if I can avail of this visa.

My question is, will I be eligible as an Irish citizen (who has his permanent address in Ireland) to avail of this visa? My Masters qualification will be with a US college here in the Bay Area. Does the visa only apply to graduates of Irish colleges or can you get your qualification in another country (ie USA) and still avail of the visa?

I found this on the USIT site under eligibility:

"Be attending/have attend (within the past 12 months) a third level college within the 32 counties of Ireland"

I wonder is there any flexibility in that or is it pretty much conclusive

Any help appreciated!

Advertisement