Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais refund

Options
  • 08-07-2011 9:33pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone give me any good reason why it should take Bord Gais (or indeed any company) 14 days to issue a refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

has to be processed? and sent in the post? its not like the agent you were talking to has a chq book and pen in hand:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

booboo88 wrote: »
    has to be processed? and sent in the post? its not like the agent you were talking to has a chq book and pen in hand:rolleyes:

12 days to process? If bord gais ring me looking for money i doubt if they would consider it reasonable for me to take 14 days to get it to them!!!

dub45 wrote: »
    12 days to process? If bord gais ring me looking for money i doubt if they would consider it reasonable for me to take 14 days to get it to them!!!

i think you'll find its normally out before the 10 working days, as is standard.

i think you'll find its normally out before the 10 working days, as is standard.

Again "standard" is irrelevant - its meaningless - why should it take so long?

the same reason they give you 10 working days credit terms on each bill. look it up

• Advertisement

the same reason they give you 10 working days credit terms on each bill. look it up

They told me 14 days. i don't have any agreement with them to give them interest free loans.

You are the one quoting 10 days without any basis for that I presume?

They told me 14 days. i don't have any agreement with them to give them interest free loans.

You are the one quoting 10 days without any basis for that I presume?
    10 working days = 14 days?????? mon - friday are working days, sat and sun are not.

10 working days means mon to friday * 2
    14 days is sunday to saturday * 2

now do you understand?

http://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/help-and-questions/home/gas/billing/

10 working days = 14 days?????? mon - friday are working days, sat and sun are not.

10 working days means mon to friday * 2
    14 days is sunday to saturday * 2

now do you understand?

http://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/help-and-questions/home/gas/billing/

In case you hadnt noticed. My original question was:
    Can anyone give me any good reason why it should take Bord Gais (or indeed any company) 14 days to issue a refund?

As you don't appear to have anything to add of assistance in relation to my question I would ask anyone who might be able to help to contribute.

In case you hadnt noticed. My original question was:

As you don't appear to have anything to add of assistance in relation to my question I would ask anyone who might be able to help to contribute.
    :rolleyes:
    its customer charter, it has to be sent off to acc dept, do you really think your the person they are refunding.

but in all in anyways if this is all you worry about you have a very simple mind, i mean life

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Payment runs in large companies are done on set days at pre-defined frequencies. Your refund will get processed when the next batch is due.

It costs a company a lot of money to process individual, one-off payments so they do that unless they are urgent. Payments get processed in large batches which allow them to gain efficiencies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

14 days is fine. You obviously don't work in a regulated industry. Approval requests processed, approval approved, refund forms forwarded to Accounts Receivable, credit note created, refund processed, cheque printed, cheque signed at appropriate level, cheque in post, post delivered.. If a payment run is done 3 days a week it's good going. Oh, and the poor devil processing, at any point in the process, might just have a few more refunds to process as well; or even have other work to do.:rolleyes:

Why ask for a reason if you take umbridge when people answer you?

Oh and they give up to 2 months "loan" to you on energy consumed.

14 days is fine. You obviously don't work in a regulated industry. Approval requests processed, approval approved, refund forms forwarded to Accounts Receivable, credit note created, refund processed, cheque printed, cheque signed at appropriate level, cheque in post, post delivered.. If a payment run is done 3 days a week it's good going. Oh, and the poor devil processing, at any point in the process, might just have a few more refunds to process as well; or even have other work to do.:rolleyes:

Why ask for a reason if you take umbridge when people answer you?

Oh and they give up to 2 months "loan" to you on energy consumed.

Thanks for the reply. I take umbrage where there is no substance in the reply unike yours. In this case there is a substantial overcharge involved and I am giving them the loan.

:rolleyes:
    its customer charter, it has to be sent off to acc dept, do you really think your the person they are refunding.

but in all in anyways if this is all you worry about you have a very simple mind, i mean life

If I wanted insights into my life I would post in the Personal issues forum. i dont so I didnt!

If I wanted insights into my life I would post in the Personal issues forum. i dont so I didnt!

dont worry i wouldnt dare ask, i couldnt handle the excitement :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i had hell with them when i was trying to get my final bill, took over 3 weeks in the end after the time they said it would all be sorted. i closed my accounts in march.
    idiots still sent me an electricity bill last week for may - june even though the meter is locked since march and my accounts are closed.

i went into foley street and demended to see someone in person and when i did i demanded in writing when i would be finished with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I had a similar issue with a phone company. I wouldn't normally be too pushed, but it was a large amount and they were already 3 weeks late processing it -direct into my bank account.

So I demanded to know how it could possibly take another 10 working days. Lie after lie I was told until I finally got it out of one of them.

It boiled down to as someone said above. Up to 3 days to get put onto the persons desk that "authorises" large refunds. He wasn't in till Wednesday in my case, I rang on a Saturday (so 5 days).
    He sends it to the person who does the banking end of it.
    The phone company bank gets it and plays with it for a couple of days.
    Then my (a different) bank gets it and does what it pleases with it for a day or 2. Then I see the money.

Ridiculous really. Though in fairness, they generally don't take my direct debit out until 2 weeks after they should. So maybe it works both ways. Not that it bothers me.

Advertisement