Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil Ryu option selects anyone?

Options
  • 08-07-2011 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I've been scouring the net without any luck!

OS' were the last part of the game mechanics I learned and don't know that many so I'm finding it really difficult to figure any out in the lab. Hoping others have thrown their hands to Evil Ryu too and might be able to share the wealth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I've been scouring the net without any luck!

OS' were the last part of the game mechanics I learned and don't know that many so I'm finding it really difficult to figure any out in the lab. Hoping others have thrown their hands to Evil Ryu too and might be able to share the wealth?

There's a few option selects with Evil ryu, more or less the same ones as Ryu.

(If you whiff an air attack to standing)

- Ryusokyaku (Over head kick)
    - Hadouken
    - Shoryuken
    - Tatsumaki
    - Ashura Senku (Teleport)

I'm don't know any for standing/ crouching attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

Cheers man!
    I'll post when I figure them out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

cr. jab OS ultra 2 is good for catching backdashes (the Hound special).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

OS sweep, os U2 are my faves (in and outside of jumping).

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

It depends on the character.

Any character in particular you want os for?

Lets say a juri, ya do forward throw, jump RH os u2 will beat all her options, which is reversal spin kick or backdash.

If you're playing a Makoto (they love to backdash) ya do a bait. Try get a focus attack, level 2 blocked, then cr jab OS U2 to catch the backdash.

• Advertisement

The Hound wrote: »
    It depends on the character.

Any character in particular you want os for?

Lets say a juri, ya do forward throw, jump RH os u2 will beat all her options, which is reversal spin kick or backdash.

If you're playing a Makoto (they love to backdash) ya do a bait. Try get a focus attack, level 2 blocked, then cr jab OS U2 to catch the backdash.

THanks lads! Nah no one in particular, its just that I've never really used them at all but the "hound special" sounds immaculate!!
    Need to try and practice them and especially figuring out the os sweep, seems like to easy a knock-down not to learn how to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

os sweep is just cr.jab/cr.lk, cr.3k, cr.jab/cr.lk, on whiff (they backdash) you get sweep on hit you get blockstring

os on sweep on jumping is good too but i like to use u2 to catch backdashes instead

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ye pretty much what Ramza said is how its done.

Having the ideal set up is good too.
    Heres a good 5 frame safe jump set up. Back throw, whiff cr lk straight away then jump Roundhouse or whatever.

Cheers guys, yeah I can really see opting for the U2! And that safe jump is going to make a huge difference!!

Advertisement