Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours beers in O'Connells pub Galway, Aug 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

August 27th
    papagormo wrote: »
    hey hey folks,
    Just a quick (slightly drunken!:o) message to say I really enjoyed tonight's meetuo, some of the folks I've met tonight were above and beyond sound as you could get.
    Fair deuce to those who traveled to be in Galway tonight, hope it was well worth it,
    Night folks!:)
    papa

I was asking for you but then couldn't find ya!

Was awesome night out. ONly landed back now along with few boardsies :D

Fair play to RedHairedGuy-Ye are awesome even though we couldn't get the extra booze...and boneyarse himself too and Fraaaaaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaa :p

GalwayRush! Ya Legend :D

Sooo many people I met tonight was lovely meeting yous all.

To the Rick dude-didn't get to say bye, good chatting to ya :pac:

Cupcake and Maggie ye two better not fart or snore tonight :p:p

Ohhhhhh and mister bollocks :pac: Ya owe me a captain morgan and coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So does attending these Boards Beers forward one's likelihood of becoming a mod? Interesting, hmmmm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Was Sarky at it? Or someone who resembles him?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Was Sarky at it? Or someone who resembles him?

No sarky (unless he was in the second place people went).

Had a brill night, so many sound heads and utter legends. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

Hey guys.

Lost my phone last night :( I think it was prob lost in O'Connell's. Don't suppose anyone noticed it and handed it in at the bar. It was a black Nokia smartphone.

satcie101 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Lost my phone last night :( I think it was prob lost in O'Connell's. Don't suppose anyone noticed it and handed it in at the bar. It was a black Nokia smartphone.

****! No I didn't see it after you left. It might have fallen on the ground. Ring O'Connell's when they open. Hope you find it.

August 27th
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    No sarky (unless he was in the second place people went).

Had a brill night, so many sound heads and utter legends. :D

Well group of us went on to the Roisin, others seemed to go to CPs.
    There was a dude with a beard and longish hair with us....I forgot to ask his username so god knows that could have been him :pac:

satcie101 wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Crap! We will be passing there in wee while and will ask about it if they open.

Oh and where is a good place to get a fry or some form of decent hangover food in Galway now?

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Oh and where is a good place to get a fry or some form of decent hangover food in Galway now?

Dirty fry?

Finnegan's on the junction of Upper Abbeygate st and Market street.
    They also have a place called McGrath's on Quay Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Wow, great night. I'll collect my thoughts later when i'm able:D, but all i can say now is, it was an an absolute pleasure to meet you all.:cool:
    Can't wait to do it again asap.

August 27th
    'twas a pleasure lads and lassies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Another great night, nice to put a few more faces to names !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

August 20th
    Great night guys. I had so much fun meeting all ye folks and finally being able to put faces to the names.

ToniTuddle sorry about my inability to score some more booze. Them guys in Emperor City are no fun anymore. :( Also, cheers for literally hand feeding me chicken nuggets as we walked down the street. :pac:

Serious +1 for the fry up in Finnegan's.

Didn't take any snaps, though I'm extremely curious as to how the photos of us in the Roisin Dubh taken by the swaying, half closed eyed, leglessly drunk guy turned out.

August 20th
    Haha last night was so much fun! Though can we slap an injunction or something against those photos ever seeing the light of day?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

August 27th
    Heading home now after a great night. Lovely to meet so many people! <3 Galway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got there late, bailed early.

Awwwww yyyeeaaaaa.

By early I mean after pints in the Roisin.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Great to meet such lovely people last night! And not an axe murderer amongst us, that I know of..

Am I the only person that actually wants to see photos then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I drank things that man should not drink.

Great time. Lovely to meet so many of ye and spill so many of your drinkies. :D

Galway AH beers declared a success!

August 20th
    I drank things that man should not drink.

Great time. Lovely to meet so many of ye and spill so many of your drinkies. :D

Galway AH beers declared a success!

Huzzah! More of the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Great to meet such lovely people last night! And not an axe murderer amongst us, that I know of..

Due to my lateness I only had 3 pints...so I'm pretty comfortable with pics :pac:

August 20th
    Jim wrote: »

Due to my lateness I only had 3 pints...so I'm pretty comfortable with pics :pac:

Shush …!

I'm still trying to figure out if people were disappointed when they met me in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

August 6th
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Heading home now after a great night. Lovely to meet so many people! <3 Galway :)

I didn't realise you were there, I would have liked to have sat down and chin wagged over a brew with ya!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Sounds like everyone had a great night, dying to go to one, will there be one coming up to Christmas, sounds like a good idea ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I woke up with a monster hangover... And I don't even drink! I guess that's the sign of a good night then :)
    Met some weird and wonderful people last night, and simply just had a blast. I'll look forward to doing it all again sometime.

Also, thanks to Das Kitty for the lift home last night. Much appreciated. You're a legend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

August 20th
    Lovely to meet everyone I did meet. Hard to say if I did meet everyone there though, that was quite the crowd. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

August 20th
    bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Another great night, nice to put a few more faces to names !

Told ya I'd steal your avatar :P

Great night lads, I think I said hello to most people, even if some people had no idea who I was, while dr.b got a lot of "aww"'s :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There were more OOOOHHs than awwws.

Cos that's how I roll.

August 27th
    ToniTuddle sorry about my inability to score some more booze. Them guys in Emperor City are no fun anymore. :( Also, cheers for literally hand feeding me chicken nuggets as we walked down the street. :pac:

Serious +1 for the fry up in Finnegan's.

Didn't take any snaps, though I'm extremely curious as to how the photos of us in the Roisin Dubh taken by the swaying, half closed eyed, leglessly drunk guy turned out.

Cheers for the tip Das Kitty that was the place I was thinking off but couldn't remember the name. We went for a fry up there....the amount of food they give you is awesome :)

I couldn't understand why there seemed to be an endless supply of nuggets...looked at box this morning it was some offer on...20 flippin nuggets :pac:

The photos are grand but didn't get the majority of people at the beers!
    Jim wrote: »

Were you the other dude with the beard along with us? :pac:
    There were more OOOOHHs than awwws.

Cos that's how I roll.

Definitely more...."awwww bless" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

August 27th
    papagormo wrote: »
    I didn't realise you were there, I would have liked to have sat down and chin wagged over a brew with ya!:)
    Likewise! Didn't realise you were there until Whoopsy mentioned it this morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

August 6th
    Hermione* wrote: »
    Likewise! Didn't realise you were there until Whoopsy mentioned it this morning :pac:

Awww indeed! I was chatting to whoopsy alright, seemed dead on!
    Are you attending the gentleman's meetup?
    I might toddle on up to it. Getting a "thirst" for the oul beers meetups! (See what I did there? Yeahh...reckon I should have my own show)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Great night lads!!!
    Thoroughly enjoyed it:D