Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours beers in O'Connells pub Galway, Aug 13th.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

August 20th!!! Its 5 days before my birthday, i can pre birthday booze the crap outta Galway !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

If ur in a packed pub, how do you know who the boardsies are?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

August 20th

Table will have a reserved for boards.ie sign on it. And of course the secret code word.

Ah ok. Well I'm considering going :) any weekend suits me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

The Skeff would be ideal for Beers. Close to the bus/train station also so the out of towners wont have any trouble finding it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

August 20th
    Don't know anywhere in Galway so I'm cool either way. If I can make it across, I'll be up for heading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

August 27th
    mstan wrote: »
    The Skeff would be ideal for Beers. Close to the bus/train station also so the out of towners wont have any trouble finding it.

Yup true but ye see O'Connells before ye see the Skeff .....well if ye are on a Bus Eireann bus :pac:

August 20th
    The best place to meet would probably be O' Connels or the Skeff, since they would be the first things people see once they leave the CityLink/GoBus station or the Bus Eireann Station, then possibly on towards the Roisin afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

August 27th
    I've thrown my vote in for 20th. I've gone to a Galway beers before even though I'm a Dub, so it's not a strange thing to get us that far outside of the pale :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

August 27th
    And of course the secret code word.

What is the secret code word? :eek::eek:

I've gone for the 20th too because I could make it then.

The Skeff would be ok to start off in, but Roisins I reckon for the 'main course' of the Piss up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

August 20th

Big name tags with our usernames on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

August 20th
    Pete M. wrote: »
    What is the secret code word? :eek::eek:

I'll pm it to you ;)

Karona wrote: »
    Big name tags with our usernames on them.

You're trying to scare me into not going, aren't you? :)

August 20th
    You're trying to scare me into not going, aren't you? :)

Me... do that.... Never...... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

anyone wanna travel wi me (never been to a beers before and this is the other side the country (mind if it is the end of july i may well be proper skint). pls

also i am skint and saving for college, neone got a couch i could kip on??? :)

August 20th
    hdowney wrote: »
    anyone wanna travel wi me (never been to a beers before and this is the other side the country (mind if it is the end of july i may well be proper skint). pls

also i am skint and saving for college, neone got a couch i could kip on??? :)

You could be a pyschopath......

Karona wrote: »
    You could be a pyschopath......

i could, but so could all of you!!! :D:D i am a 26 (just) yr old female who starts Culinary Arts in Tallaght IT in September and lives in Wicklow :D

August 20th
    i could, but so could all of you!!! :D:D i am a 26 (just) yr old female who starts Culinary Arts in Tallaght IT in September and lives in Wicklow :D

au contraire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

August 27th
    Looking forward to seeing you all in Galway guys.

O'Connell's is probably the best place if it is dry and the Róisín after.

O'Connell's is a no-no if it rains at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Great pub O'Connells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

August 27th
    finbarrk wrote: »
    Great pub O'Connells.
    I agree but not for the purpose we want it for really if we are confined to indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Of the pubs mentioned, I'd be inclined to go for Massimo. It has passable non-deafening music, and there's loads of room up back one could reserve. They'll do one a decent deal on food too, if one lets them know in advance and arrives before 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

August 20th

look for this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zlGg3g6f0no/TD3uYcbKPVI/AAAAAAAAAlE/K8zRUUcDRpY/s1600/geek.jpg

danniemcq wrote: »

hhm lets see: i don't think i own a single computer book, found the ones i was given when i first got a computer a pile of sh!te!!! that made things more complicated than they are. but then as my mother says i am a
    computer genreation child (not so child anymore thank you :p:o) and was born with it pre-programmed into my brain! :D

haven't worn glasses in yrs, altho recently given a pair as the eyesight in my one decent eye is going a bit fuzzy if i watch the tele!

a what shirt?? :confused::confused:

we will say no more about the waistline!!! :o:D

i don't even wear a watch (as i cannot remember where i put it!)

i generally wear my crappy pants out!! NOT

cat! only the one!!! oh dear there is no hope for me so. i have 3! :p

cell phone(s) PLURAL! ;)

deffo mulitple computers!

someone needs to buy me a buzz lightyear toy. i have the chaps from monsters inc if that helps!

there is no beer in the house at the mo, but there is plenty of wine, spirits etc!!!!

hmm now where did i put the popcorn bowl?!?

i do have a cordless phone, but not connected anymore :)

and Sever room, hmmm!!!!

sorry couldn't resist!!

On Topic: as to the location in Galway i don't really know Galway nightspots, having not been there too much, so will have to trust the Galway peeps judgement on it - and punish if they are wrong :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

wear your boards jersey so they recognise you (shorts optional)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2058/5790642570_45006cfea5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

i am a 26 (just) yr old female who starts Culinary Arts in Tallaght IT in September and lives in Wicklow :D

26 year old female who likes cooking looking for somewhere to sleep after spending a night on the beer, you say... interesting...

August 27th
    Don't actually think I've ever been to Galway. Like, I've been to Galway, but I've never been to Galway. So basically I'm no help with locations!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Might be up for this. No idea what dates I'll be in Galway, but if I'm there when it's on, I'll pop in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

August 27th
    TPD wrote: »
    Might be up for this. No idea what dates I'll be in Galway, but if I'm there when it's on, I'll pop in.

You gonna be back from America? If ye stuck for a place to crash let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    You gonna be back from America? If ye stuck for a place to crash let me know.

Back on the 20th. The missus lives in Galway, cheers for the offer though ;)

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement