Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours beers in O'Connells pub Galway, Aug 13th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

August 27th
    Gonna try make this. I work every Saturday so will need to book it off to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

August 27th
    Darn, that's me and my boyfriend's anniversary. Don't think he'd be too happy if I ditched him for some internet peoples :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Going to try and make this one, do the majority of people know each other at Beers ?, don't want to look weird not knowing anyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

August 20th
    Aoifey! wrote: »
    Darn, that's me and my boyfriend's anniversary. Don't think he'd be too happy if I ditched him for some internet peoples :(

Sure have a go off it anyway, you can drag him along. Fellas are usually not too pushed about anniversaries and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

August 27th
    Needler wrote: »
    Sure have a go off it anyway, you can drag him along. Fellas are usually not too pushed about anniversaries and the like
    Nah, he definitely wouldn't go. Ah sure, I'll try make it to the next one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Going to try and make this one, do the majority of people know each other at Beers ?, don't want to look weird not knowing anyone :D

You'll be grand. There will be plenty of people in the same boat as you. Some people may know a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

August 20th

Everyone has been there the first time around. We are a good ould bunch. we don't bite, unless you ask nicely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i might go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Have a few things coming up so financially will have to give this one a miss. Looks like a good few of you are going though so would have been fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

August 20th
    I'm going!!! :D Just remind me to keep money for it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

August 27th
    Ah, not sure yet. Hopefully!! Need to find floor space. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The one fúcking day I couldnt go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'll be there.
    Just warning ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

How many people tend to show up to these AH beers?By the sounds of it half of boards is showing up to Galway for this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Yeah feck it, I'll probably go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

In the interests of Boards solidarity, I will be hosting the "Let's keep it happy" pre-Beers afternoon beers in Heuston Station on the afternoon of the two beers sessions.

As the bar in Heuston Station is called "The Galway Hooker", this will technically be both a Dublin and Galway beers and enable everyone to attend both and hook up for the train journey.

It's all about the getting a head start love people.

See everyone in Galway.

Choco

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'll be in Newcastle that weekend unfortunately. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

August 27th
    galwayrush wrote: »
    I'll be there.
    Just warning ye.

Nice one! Finally get to meet ya :pac:
    Yeah feck it, I'll probably go.

Ye live there! If ye didn't go you would be the laziest fart ever :p
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I'll be in Newcastle that weekend unfortunately.

Awww no!:(

August 20th
    I'll be there with bells and whistles on.

Only don't ask me to play 'em 'cause I'm not very good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 dedamcd

August 13th
    My football team puts me under severe pressure to come home every wknd for fear that I'm having too much fun in Galway.. Ill tell them the usual.. Staff party! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

In the interests of Boards solidarity, I will be hosting the "Let's keep it happy" pre-Beers afternoon beers in Heuston Station on the afternoon of the two beers sessions.

As the bar in Heuston Station is called "The Galway Hooker", this will technically be both a Dublin and Galway beers and enable everyone to attend both and hook up for the train journey.

It's all about the getting a head start love people.

See everyone in Galway.

Choco

Wonder who will engage in relations on the train ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Free pint from Boards.ie when you use give this code to the Barman
    do you honestly think Boards are going to give you a free pint, cheap Ba$tard :)

August 27th
    B&B booked. I'll be in attendance :D

My funds are very low as of late but I'm determined to make this even if it means living like a peasant for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Misticles wrote: »
    Wonder who will engage in relations on the train ;)

I have a companion-free travel pass. It's just down to who is so short of cash that they'll actually pretend to be the window-licker's girlfriened.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's just down to who is so short of cash that they'll actually pretend to be the window-licker's girlfriened.:pac:
    How picky are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

Is it awkward for newbies, do most posters know each other all ready.

chloek wrote: »
    Is it awkward for newbies, do most posters know each other all ready.

Although I've never been to a Boards Beers before,from what I've gathered it seems as though plenty of newbies show up.If you scroll through this thread you'll see that many first timers will be there,so come along :D

August 27th
    Yep as El Drago says, there'll be plenty of first timers, I've actually never been to an AH beers, only a TLL one! People are mad friendly, they don't go to be anything else! Come, you'll enjoy it. And you can sneak out if you no likey :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

August 20th
    Galway forum are planning a beers around the same weekend in the same pub. Would be an idea dropping by the forum and dragging them along. Just a suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement