Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours beers in O'Connells pub Galway, Aug 13th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

August 27th
    biko wrote: »
    This one time AH beers are held somewhere else there's Dubs crying to high heavens and a Dub beers is being organised on the same night, in Dublin so Dubs don't have to feel left out.
    Boo ****ing Hoo.

I hope this will show that AH is more than "town" and open up possibilities to have AH beers in Cork, Belfast, Waterford, Athlone... each time I'm sure with a certain regional group feeling hard done by because they're not treated like the most important people in AH.

Anyway, if you're over from Dublin for this beers, come up to me and say hi, I promise to be extra nice because you took the time and made the effort to come all the way to Galway for this one. Fair play.

Who took the jam out of your doughnut?

Of course i was trolling joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

This does not sound as appealing any more, not as friendly as I thought it would be.
    I never know when people are messing or not.

August 27th
    chloek wrote: »
    This does not sound as appealing any more, not as friendly as I thought it would be.

We are of course messing.

August 27th

you can pretty much assume, that in AH, people are always messing!

there will always be one or two non messy types, they generally won't venture out from behind their shield keyboard though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

He supports Liverpool so he cannot be to bad.

August 27th
    He supports Liverpool so he cannot be to bad.

Who? Super Rush? He's a pussy cat! And anyway he's not coming :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What time is this at? I'm more of a lurker than a poster but might wander in from the fields for a look :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Was hoping to make it. Then, thought, not a chance. Dublin V Tipp in the semi-final. Will be hosting a bagload of cousins looking to lord it over me, but a good night, always, all the same when they come up to "the smoke".

We're going to get hammered (on the pitch) and else where.

Had resigned myself to an uncomfortable hurling night in Dublin, but a hostel called "Snoozles", can't be passed up.

May have to get the milk train, early Sunday morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

August 20th

May have to get the milk train, early Sunday morning.

At 20c a litre I believe.

;)

• Advertisement

you can pretty much assume, that in AH, people are always messing!

there will always be one or two non messy types, they generally won't venture out from behind their anti religion/anti atheist/anti fianna fail/anti banker/anti garda/anti knacker /anti daily mail/anti immigrant/anti fun thread keyboard though :)

FYP :D

super-rush, come clean. You're doing this because you're dodging a pint owed. I'll get you nxt time SR, NEXT TIIIME!

Alternatively *I* could get *all* the mods to buy me *one* drink, then *you* will owe *each* of them a drink.

Dude, it'd be cheaper to just come on the lash, give me my one beer and buy your own for the night...........

You know it makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

super-rush wrote: »
    We are of course messing.

That reminds me of the scene in the snapper (the movie rather than novel) where Colm Meany buys his kid a pump knowing he wanted a bicycle and says sure, we'll give you a new part every year until you've got the full bicycle, and one of the kids goes, 'sure, now you can pump your way to school, wha?". And the kid goes...yis are messing....and Colm Meany says, ah, we are of course....

So yeah, long story short, I will be attending this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Assuming one goes to this, as planned, which boarder would it be best to pretend to be?

August 27th
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Assuming one goes to this, as planned, which boarder would it be best to pretend to be?

One that's not actually there perhaps?

August 27th
    FYP :D

super-rush, come clean. You're doing this because you're dodging a pint owed. I'll get you nxt time SR, NEXT TIIIME!

Alternatively *I* could get *all* the mods to buy me *one* drink, then *you* will owe *each* of them a drink.

Dude, it'd be cheaper to just come on the lash, give me my one beer and buy your own for the night...........

You know it makes sense!

Your gonna have to refresh my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

One that's not actually there perhaps?

Maybe. Or one could find one that is, make sure they aren't known to anyone who is going, and then do some serious swotting up on their posts.
    Then try to prove that you are whoever...

August 27th
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Maybe. Or one could find one that is, make sure they aren't known to anyone who is going, and then do some serious swotting up on their posts.
    Then try to prove that you are whoever...

Ugh, effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Hoping to make an appearance with Das Kitty....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'd love to go but I'm far too cheap to pay for a feckin' hotel. I may just kip in the gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

August 20th
    I'm definitely going, seem as i missed the galway beers last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 New to galway.

Id like to tag along to this night on the 13th if thats ok but maybe a stupid question but how will i know ye,, Dont want to be wondering around asking people if they are from boards.ie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

August 20th
    Last weekend we had a table cloth on our table, that worked.
    Might do that again this weekend. And a candle :D

And for whoever asked: you can use your username or your real name, either way is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 New to galway.

Ohhh good idea, If anyone is up for meeting up first before o'connells i'd be on for it.. we can make our way over then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

So I actually did get this entire weekend off work, but made plans to go to Dublin instead.

Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

August 6th
    I'll make an appearance at some stage!
    (but I'm not a regular to the AH, so I'll just pretend I am...oops)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ohhh good idea, If anyone is up for meeting up first before o'connells i'd be on for it.. we can make our way over then.

I'm 50-50 as to whether i'll be around this weekend but if i am I would be up for meeting before O'Connells. PM if you want

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Last weekend we had a table cloth on our table, that worked.
    Might do that again this weekend. And a candle :D

And for whoever asked: you can use your username or your real name, either way is fine.

It's a hanky.

If anyone is expecting a table cloth you'll be mightily disappointed. The disappointment is only partially made up for by the fact that it is a very lovely hanky.

August 27th
    If you are indeed going to ask if you are at the right table, be sure to be specific!
    I.e. "Is this the boards.ie after hour beers" rather than "are you the lads from the internet". Although the latter could turn out to be a lot more fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'll be wearing a Rush t-shirt.
    Plus i have a poneytail, i know, that's kinda silly for someone my age, :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bluewolf wrote: »
    i might go

sorry all, don't have the time or the money :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement