Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First Ever Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Take your time.

Read the motherboard manual.
    Make sure you put in both power cables for the motherboard, not just the main 24pin one, make sure to put in the AUX motherboard power as well.....
    Case looks very nice for building in, so make sure to use those fancy cable ducts and do a nice cable job on your build!

Make sure you have put in all the required power cables for the gfx card also.....
    If your power button the case doesn't work: reverse the hat switch on the motherboard, if that doesn't work, read your motherboard manual....

Download the ultimate boot cd for testing if you run into any problems and test every part you can. http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
    There are plenty of guides online on how to build a pc, have a look at a few of them before building.

First boot test should be CPU (and cooler!) + RAM + gfx card mounted on motherboard: this will tell you very quickly if you have everything hooked up right: then add in your harddrive to the mix and install windows.

Last but not least: enjoy your new PC :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 paddy38

is your windows 7 ultimate and the 64 bit edition:)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I would hook the power supply to the motherboard, before putting on the cpu cooler.

When hooking up mine I was unable to attach the aux power supply without first taking the H70 cooler off(a real pain in the a**)

PS: That case looks awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 44 PaulyTheRed

paddy38 wrote: »
    is your windows 7 ultimate and the 64 bit edition:)

should be :D

Advertisement