Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a Personal Trainer?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If the work is in lieu of rent or similar charges it’s not really for free. Should be easy to figure out the value of the free hours (time x hourly rate). But if people are working over the odds that’s really on them. Get the arrangement in writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,661 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I was in our gym last week and saw a trainer advertising for 60.. seemed like a young girl and new on the scene as in I’d seen her in the gym just exercising by herself using machines so maybe just qualified… looked about 26..

i had one myself for 80 at another location that included a brief physiotherapy session as a warm up.. they were very good, their own studio etc…pricey though but if he went on holiday they had cover from their business partner, used their studio, good array of equipment, spotlessly clean, online but limited content free for members..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Cill94

Sounds good in theory but reality is gym owners have endless supply of freshly qualified coaches desperate for work to choose from. If some guy comes in asking for terms in writing, they can just say no and pick someone who’s willing to settle for less.

Market is too saturated for someone with no clients to have any leverage. Every coach I know was financially exploited for the first few years. I’m just saying that it’s not a simple as ‘demand this’ or ‘find somewhere better’. You have no bargaining power as a newbie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If there are so many trainers, that multiple newbies are willing to do whatever number hours unpaid in lieu of rent, in order to get client exposure. Then that sets the market value of rent. Of course it could be the case they newbie can't actually pay the market value of rent in a catch 22 situation of no client exposure. But I'd suggested that's pretty solid evidence for the market being oversaturated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭NSAman

Have had one personal trainer so far.

i paid 1500 for 20 sessions. To say it was an investment in myself that paid off, is an understatement.

nutrition, meal plan, plus someone who took note of my many injuries and designed a plan around me. Best investment I ever made.

Results started after second week, every month there after despite not being my pt, she checked up on progress. Each time I am back in ireland I head straight over for a session. Cost 100 (also gives me access to the gym while in ireland) For me it has been very worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Cill94

The market is extremely oversaturated and that catch 22 is very much the case. The supply of PTs far exceeds the demand.

Advertisement