Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Business

Options
  • 09-07-2011 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi ! :)
    I have done business for the JC and than not done it for 5th year, i've done art instead...
    And it was my biggest mistake ! I never knew how hard art can be if u don't have a skills of drawing etc. Anyway I will drop art for the leaving cert and take up business insted. I want to do higher level and I already spoke with my teachers. My accounting teacher said that I will be able to manage a B but she is not so sure about an A coz I'm not english native language speaker and there is one question on the paper thay may be bit hard for me. I spoke with my year head too and she said that I should drop to business and she will try to put me into business class next year. I already started to catch up on the stuff they did last year. My question is do you think I can manage an A1 ? or A2 at least...
    I need it for my points (aiming for 515+). Oh and I will add that I am well able to remember things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

angela1711 wrote: »
    I need it for my points (aiming for 515+). Oh and I will add that I am well able to remember things.

Once you are able to learn things off then you can do very well. Business isn't really a understanding subject in so much as it's easy to grasp. There is how ever a lot to know.

Good thing is once you know the exam papers and get in on the marking schemes you are half way there!

Do try and get Units 1-3 covered this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

That's what I try to do.
    The class done units 1-4 over the year but even if i get 1-3 done will be grear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

angela1711 wrote: »
    That's what I try to do.
    The class done units 1-4 over the year but even if i get 1-3 done will be grear :)

2 is very short. It'd take less than a day to cover!

I wouldn't worry too much if you don't like Unit 1 as you can leave that out (to a certain extent).

Your ABQ (compulsory) is on Units 4, 5 and 6.

The paper is:
    Section 1: All Sections: 8 out of 10
    Section 2: 4, 5 and 6: Answer all
    Section 3: Answer 2 from part 1 and 2 from part 2 or 1 from part 1 and 3 from part 2.
    Part 1: Q1 (Unit 1), Q2 (Unit 6), Q3 (Unit 7)
    Part 2: Q4-7 (Units 2, 3, 4, and 5).

Leaving out Unit 1 you could still answer Q2 from Part 1.

okey, thanks for advice
    i heard that business is a long course and you have to "eat" the book to get an A1 is it really true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

The marking scheme is very strict and it leaves no room for waffle. It's all facts, laws, few calculations and giving examples. So yes, you do really need to know the book inside out. Though I've often heard of people leaving out a unit (that's not on the ABQ e.g 7) and getting an A1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

It's not easy to get an A1 in Business, you really have to invest a good bit of time in it. I got an A1 in my Summer Test so I hope I can maintain that grade next year, we have covered Unit 1, 2, 3, 4 and 2 chapters from Unit 5.

I hope i be okey.
    I actually want to study law so i obviously i have interest in laws and all that business things ;) and i learn staff easily

just finished section 2 LilMissCiara you were right it took me less than a day to cover ;D very easy

What does IPA and CAI stands for ? I can't find it in the book, thanks for any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

CAI-Consumer Association of Ireland

I'm not sure about IPA, the only one in Business that I'm aware of it IFA: Irish Farmers Association.

Maybe someone else knows what IPA stands for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 oldmillgal

Angela be careful with the book you are using. If it is not up to date it will not include the additions to the syllabus which were added last year and are in for examination in 2012. The Consumer Association of Ireland is CAI. Please note that some of the laws have changed.

here is the link

http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/cl0052_2010.pdf

thanks oldmillgal
    I have no idea what does IPA stands for...

Advertisement