Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

FT Galway 3-14 Mayo 1-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Antiquated old ways of selecting players utilising East West North South trials. No physical analysis of selection. No Mayo team should ever be outmuscled like we have been last ten years at minor n u21. Gaelic football is primarily suited to six footers with pace. We either wise up to this or get left behind. Our S&C work is placed on lads who are too short or too lacking in pace n power. The six foot brawny minor is common in Mayo.club minor teams but not Mayo county minor teams. It was the reason Down n Tyrone have walked through us to make big.comebacks in All Ireland minor finals n a semi final.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

All stand tickets sold out for the Hyde apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yop wrote: »

I'm sure you meant Barry Solan. Best of good luck to him.

By all accounts Evan Regan togged out at the weekend,positive news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Evan Regan togged and scored 1-2. In the same game Michael Conroy scored 8pts. We need a tonic like that. Regan and Conroy are guys that can take on men late in games. Michael Conroy was starting to get some consistency going at county level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Are tickets on general sale like in supervalue have my own season ticket but need one more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

According to Ed McGreal, all season ticket holders will be sent to the sideline seating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayo.mick wrote: »
    According to Ed McGreal, all season ticket holders will be sent to the sideline seating.

Not the stand? :mad:

yop wrote: »
    Not the stand? :mad:

Seemingly not. Also, Padraig O'Sullivan has been announced as the ref for the match.

mayo.mick wrote: »

Who's in the stand then

naughto wrote: »
    Who's in the stand then

Taped off empty seats. Same as last time if I remember rightly, load of empty seats.

Mail just in,

ST Account:

A Chara,

The Connacht Senior Football Championship Final between Mayo and Sligo takes place on Sunday 19th July at Dr. Hyde Park, Roscommon. Season ticketholders will be seated in the Unreserved Sideline Seating for this fixture.

"Pay & Play" is in operation for this fixture so please ensure that the credit / debit card details on your account are up to date so that payment can be processed.

PAY & PLAY

We will be processing payments on Monday July 13th. The pricing is as follows:

Adult - €25

Juvenile (U16) - €5

Please note that your Season Ticket will not be valid for this fixture if the payment cannot be processed.

To update your card details please click here to log into your Account.

Click here for a simple User Guide

OPT-OUT

If you wish to use your "Opt Out" for this fixture this must also be done via your Season Ticket account.

The "Opt Out" option is non-reversible and is available until Sunday midnight (12th July).

Details on how to complete this are available here

Once payments have been processed you will simply be required to present your GAA Season Ticket card at the designated turnstiles on the day.

Le meas,

GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Sold to who???? When and where did they go onsale?

• Advertisement

The GAA really are treating the season ticket holders with contempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

According to gaa.ie
    You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches, All-Ireland Quarter Finals,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Willie Joe must be suicidal right now..

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

Grab
    All
    Association

crusier wrote: »
    Grab
    All
    Association

Yawn, care to explain considering they have selected the smallest of the 3 stadia?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

For Ulster Final, Season Ticket holders are always seated in the uncovered stand along the sideline in Clones. For other games, tends to be covered stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

glack wrote: »
    Sold to who???? When and where did they go onsale?
    Wish I Knew, it's the usual farce

Wish I Knew, it's the usual farce

Sold to the clubs is what I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

naughto wrote: »
    Sold to the clubs is what I heard

Stand tickets available in supervalue this evening.

I tried tickets.ie and nothing??? Aren't they the same as Supervalu? Tried it a few times today.

I tried tickets.ie and nothing??? Aren't they the same as Supervalu? Tried it a few times today.

I'm not sure. The supervalue ones were in a box behind the till and they just took the money and put it in an envelope.

Ohh interesting. Which supervalu? Might have to sent someone to check first thing!

Ohh interesting. Which supervalu? Might have to sent someone to check first thing!

Ballaghadereen.

So we have been relegated another step then, really rewarding us loyal ST holders eh!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

It just beggars belief really. Give respect get respect.... My ar*e ... No respect given here to season ticket holders yet again. But I won't forget the newspaper and waterproof leggings so my ar*e will be dry and somewhat cushioned.

The people who organised this must be buffoons. And don't get me started on the very poor toilet facilities for women in Hyde (so my daughter and a number of other women mentioned to me after our last visit there).

And dare I say it again (& again & again.........) the kind of buffoonery that chooses blue seating for a county stadium, whose colors are red and green, seems to be a pervasive mentality within the powers that be. Not sure I saw many of them down by the corrib in the freezing rain, on a bleak winters day when we played NUIG. Don't think I am ever going to get over the seat thing. Am I ranting???????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Oldtree wrote: »
    It just beggars belief really. Give respect get respect.... My ar*e ... No respect given here to season ticket holders yet again. But I won't forget the newspaper and waterproof leggings so my ar*e will be dry and somewhat cushioned.

The people who organised this must be buffoons. And don't get me started on the very poor toilet facilities for women in Hyde (so my daughter and a number of other women mentioned to me after our last visit there).

And dare I say it again (& again & again.........) the kind of buffoonery that chooses blue seating for a county stadium, whose colors are red and green, seems to be a pervasive mentality within the powers that be. Not sure I saw many of them down by the corrib in the freezing rain, on a bleak winters day when we played NUIG. Don't think I am ever going to get over the seat thing. Am I ranting???????

The reason for the blue seats, IIRC, is that the red and green seats would have faded quicker. I don't think the County Board would have been able to afford a lick of paint every season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ColeTrain wrote: »
    The reason for the blue seats, IIRC, is that the red and green seats would have faded quicker. I don't think the County Board would have been able to afford a lick of paint every season :pac:

or the compo when the they paint the seats before the game and the paint hasnt dried in time, like galway gaa in tuam.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    irishgeo wrote: »
    or the compo when the they paint the seats before the game and the paint hasnt dried in time, like galway gaa in tuam.

Didnt anyone mention to the County Board .... no need to paint plastic :rolleyes::D

At least Dublin feel at home when they come to play :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

irishgeo wrote: »

I remember that happening years ago in McHale Park when the old stand was new.
    Lots of supporters went home in Castlebay Mitchels colours whether they wanted to or not.

My Dad is suggesting we use the opt out, as a man in his 70's he said that we will have to get there very early and he isn't keen on having to sit on concrete all day in an uncovered area. We paid for a ST to have a guaranteed stand ticket during the championship, we aren't getting that.

Has anyone spoke to the ST group? I presume they aren't too bothered.

If the weather is fine the uncovered seating area is the best spot in the ground to watch the match from.

I wouldn't be cruel and be praying for it to rain or anything lads. I'd never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Very frustrating regarding the season tickete seating, the GAA website states "You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches" on http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/

and then you have the Roscommon county board secretary Michael Fahey being quoted as saying that those with season tickets were entitled to a match ticket, but not necessarily to one in the stand.

“We can only seat 3,600 in the covered stand. There are more season tickets than that throughout the province. They are entitled to a ticket for the match but I don’t know where this myth that it has to be a stand ticket has come from,”

http://www.roscommonherald.ie/2015/07/07/ready-to-roll/

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very frustrating regarding the season tickete seating, the GAA website states "You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches" on http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/

and then you have the Roscommon county board secretary Michael Fahey being quoted as saying that those with season tickets were entitled to a match ticket, but not necessarily to one in the stand.

“We can only seat 3,600 in the covered stand. There are more season tickets than that throughout the province. They are entitled to a ticket for the match but I don’t know where this myth that it has to be a stand ticket has come from,”

Its v poor. Especially it been stated on the ST site that we would be guaranteed a seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I don't know what it has to do with the number of season tickets in the province - he may as well include the country when he's at it. The number of season tickets relevant to the discussion should surely be the number held by people in the competing counties and they should be accommodated in the stand.

I wouldn't even have minded so much losing out in a draw for available stand seats so long as the ST holders in the competing counties were accommodated in so far as was possible.

However, the fundamental point is that the match should never be played in Hyde Park when there are far more suitable venues available in the province and on the day. The precedent has already been set with Croke Park and the Dubs so none of this BS about home advantage from the GAA holds any stead with me.

It'd make you seriously consider cancelling the credit card and letting them stuff their Season Tickets if this is the way they treat those that have followed their county teams through the pissing rain and cold, all year up to this!!

• Advertisement

Lads if ye play us in a championship match at the Hyde it's the fûcking same - more season tickets than seats in the covered stand. Plenty of other grounds the exact same - stop hiding behind this idea of it having to be a stand ticket you get when it's factually impossible in a lot of cases.

Ye need to stop getting flustrated over pointless issues because it's starting to become a theme with Mayo and matches and peoples' tolerances will lessen for it each time. When there is genuine malpractice or bad behaviour no one will listen to you when you complain about it.

Avns1s wrote: »
    I don't know what it has to do with the number of season tickets in the province - he may as well include the country when he's at it. The number of season tickets relevant to the discussion should surely be the number held by people in the competing counties and they should be accommodated in the stand.

I wouldn't even have minded so much losing out in a draw for available stand seats so long as the ST holders in the competing counties were accommodated in so far as was possible.

However, the fundamental point is that the match should never be played in Hyde Park when there are far more suitable venues available in the province and on the day. The precedent has already been set with Croke Park and the Dubs so none of this BS about home advantage from the GAA holds any stead with me.

It'd make you seriously consider cancelling the credit card and letting them stuff their Season Tickets if this is the way they treat those that have followed their county teams through the pissing rain and cold, all year up to this!!

When you have the chairman of Lenister GAAs reasoning then it makes it even more laughable.
    We'd have to tell the old age pensioners, 'you can only stand on the terraces or play the full price to sit in the stand', so immediately we'd be inconveniencing supporters.... What do you say to the man that's been at every match, who is 70 years of age and can't get into the game, or the family with the three kids who can't to the game, or you as a parent explaining to a five year old, 'no, son you can't go to the game'.

http://www.balls.ie/gaa/barnstorming-debate-on-otb-as-leinster-chairman-defends-dubs-playing-in-croker/284058

Avns1s wrote: »

They know they have a captive audience, and I hate all the searching/asking for all Ireland tickets I'd have to do when Mayo are playing.

Syferus wrote: »
    Lads if ye play us in a championship match at the Hyde it's the fûcking same - more season tickets than seats in the covered stand. Plenty of other grounds the exact same - stop hiding behind this idea of it having to be a stand ticket you get when it's factually impossible in a lot of cases.

Ye need to stop getting flustrated over pointless issues because it's starting to become a theme with Mayo and matches and peoples' tolerances will lessen for it each time. When there is genuine malpractice or bad behaviour no one will listen to you when you complain about it.

It's not the case actually. GAA.ie quite clearly states that you are entitled to a stand seat in a provincial all ticket game, its there in black and white if you could be arsed reading up on it instead of trying to stir the ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Anyone try the legal route re the season tickets fiasco? Or at least threaten Connacht GAA with same?

It's not the case actually. GAA.ie quite clearly states that you are entitled to a stand seat in a provincial all ticket game, its there in black and white if you could be arsed reading up on it instead of trying to stir the ****.

Do you think every Meath or Kildare season ticket holder gets stand tickets when they play Carlow or Longford or Wicklow away? How about Kerry going to Waterford? You're being ridiculous if you think that is something that could even be possible.

Seriously lads, your attitude is really poor here and a lot of people are laughing at Mayo because of how they're reacting. It's not good for anyone. I'm telling you exactly how this is playing outside Mayo and if you want to continue on this mad pointless bandwagon be my guest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Do you think every Meath or Kildare season ticket holder gets stand tickets when they play Carlow or Longford or Wicklow away? How about Kerry going to Waterford? You're being ridiculous if you think that is something that could even be possible.

Seriously lads, your attitude is really poor here and a lot of people are laughing at Mayo because of how they're reacting. It's not good for anyone. I'm telling you exactly how this is playing outside Mayo and if you want to continue on this mad pointless bandwagon be my guest.

Thanks for your concern....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ya I suppose it would take more to upset a dozen people!

If the Hyde wasn't such a sh1tehole there be none of this or if Roscommon didn't let the hype get to them about winning the fbd and getting promoted to decision one then it would be in castlebar.
    There must be f1uck all going on in the Roscommon thread if your in her talking rubbish

Welcome back to the GAA forums Syferus, missing for a few weeks there I gather?

So we have a Rossie on telling us that everyone is laughing at us.... "we tried to hide the fact that we had two cups (FBD League and Division Two league) in the bag, "How is Cillian O'Connors injury" "This team will win an All-Ireland", Big yellow and blue bus..... nuff said.

Anyway, Hyde will still see a Connacht final this year, which is nice.

Any update on player injuries or form from the weekend. I see Mickey Conroy had a good game at the weekend.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement