Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mayo GAA ‏@MayoGAA 18m18 minutes ago
    Going to be some atmosphere on Sunday. @officialgaa announce that the game is now Officially "Sold Out" #mayogaa #gaa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The bards in the Kingdom of Kerry are predicting a Mayo win, a good omen for the men from the West. Some have even been so bold as to challenge tradition and predict Mayo to finally topple Kerry in the final thereafter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭threeball

Stinicker wrote: »
    The bards in the Kingdom of Kerry are predicting a Mayo win, a good omen for the men from the West. Some have even been so bold as to challenge tradition and predict Mayo to finally topple Kerry in the final thereafter.

Beware of Trojan prophets from the south. They are the bringers of complacency and doom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Folks,
    David Brady has made an excellent suggest on Twitter:

Lets Honour Darragh Doherty as supporters&Mayo people 13thminute Sun 13 sec applause #13ForNo13

So those of you that are there, stand and applaud on the 13th minute please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Blackjack wrote: »
    Folks,
    David Brady has made an excellent suggest on Twitter:

Lets Honour Darragh Doherty as supporters&Mayo people 13thminute Sun 13 sec applause #13ForNo13

So those of you that are there, stand and applaud on the 13th minute please.

Fantastic idea,spread the word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

I'm a proud galway supporter and I wish mayo all the best . They have provided great entertainment the last few years and in my opinion were a few bad calls from winning all ireland last year . They would have beat donegal in final . Anyway that's history . Mayo Abu

spurshero wrote: »
    I'm a proud galway supporter and I wish mayo all the best . They have provided great entertainment the last few years and in my opinion were a few bad calls from winning all ireland last year . They would have beat donegal in final . Anyway that's history . Mayo Abu

From one Connaught man to another wishing you guys the best of luck in the hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

spurshero wrote: »

Best of luck in the hurling, would be something really special to get Sam AND Liam to Connaught in the same year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

threeball wrote: »
    Beware of Trojan prophets from the south. They are the bringers of complacency and doom.

I think Dublin are going to win FWIW :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

It's quiet in here lads, and the Dublin folk in their thread are also trying their best not to talk about the game! Think there are a lot of nerves on both sides, which are probably warranted.

If one or other of the teams does not show up, they could take a hockeying such is the quality of both sides. I don't think that will happen though, I'm going to call it a Mayo win by 1 or 2 points in an edgy, tight but entertaining game (probably not the open free-flowing classic that everyone is expecting but equally entertaining).

Two points I would make to try stir up some discussion (made one of these in the Dublin thread but the only person to engage with me was a Mayo man so taking it back here!):

- Cafferkey shouldn't be marking Brogan (he always seems to struggle on him); put him on Andrews or Rock and have Cunniffe / Higgins pick up Brogan with Boyler given a roving role around the backs and possibly another bigger man sweeping for high balls into the square and to just give some physical presence when Dublin come running through the middle (a la Barry Moran).

- I would start O'Shea, O'Connor and Freeman in the full forward line if possible (I know this would probably mean dropping Diarmuid O'Connor if we want to have Barry back sweeping which is a bit harsh perhaps given how well he has played so far, but may be a good idea for the first half anyway). Dublin will have a plan for O'Shea but doubt they could handle two big target men who are good in the air. If I recall correctly, Freeman always seemed to have a slight edge on O'Carroll. All 3 are well capable of winning ball out in front or into the corners also if the passing in is of good quality, which it has been so far this year, so not like it's just "put 2/3 big men in and pump long high ball into them" tactics. There is then no better man than Andy Moran to spring from the bench mid 2nd half to steady the ship and calm things down if we are leading or provide additional motivation and scoring prowess if we are behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Slowest week ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Slowest week ever!!

Ah before ya know it, it'll be 3:30 on Sunday afternoon! And then, if you think time is slow now, that will be the longest 70 minutes this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Slowest week ever!!

Team possibly out tonight according to the Mayo News
    So that should generate a bit of debate

Slowest week ever!!

Bit of reading here. Brilliant article!

http://mayoclub51.com/view-from-the-hill/

Decent podcast on OTB...3 Mayo men Nathan Murphy,Liam McHale and Anthony "Larry" Finnerty discussing Mayo's All Ireland finals heartache since 1989.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Off_The_Ball/GAA_on_Off_The_Ball/102841/Mayo_in_89_and_the_start_of_All_Ireland_heartaches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Team announced. One change, Barrett for Cunniffe:

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
    2. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    3. Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis (Capt.)
    5. Lee Keegan - Westport
    6. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
    7. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    8. Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
    9. Tom Parsons - Charlestown Sarsfields
    10. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
    11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    12. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    13. Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
    14. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    15. Jason Doherty – Burrishoole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Good stuff, looks like they're going with the sweepers again.

Team announced. One change, Barrett for Cunniffe:

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
    2. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    3. Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis (Capt.)
    5. Lee Keegan - Westport
    6. Chris Barrett - Belmullet
    7. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    8. Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
    9. Tom Parsons - Charlestown Sarsfields
    10. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
    11. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
    12. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    13. Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
    14. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    15. Jason Doherty – Burrishoole

I like the look of that team,I can't say I'm overly surprised that Chris Barrett is in for Tom Cunniffe.

As mentioned by a few posters I hope to God Ger Caff isn't picking up Bernard Brogan.Brogan has given him quite a few roastings over the years.

It's got to be Keith Higgins to pick up Brogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

seligehgit wrote: »
    It's got to be Keith Higgins to pick up Brogan.

That would be some matchup.

• Advertisement

I really am not sure about this game.

there is a lot of talk about Mayo, Darragh o' Se put it well in the IT today, called it "early-week talk"
    The Kerryman had a good piece today about Mayo where they said that it seemed everyone, including themselves, had a "sneaky feeling about Mayo".

A lot of this is based on the good display v Donegal, but Donegal were never the match the Dublin will be.

Dublin have had plenty of time to stew over their failure last year, they are a very good team.
    Mayo will really have to get everything right to beat them, slow down Cluxton, stop Connelly, stop Brogan, Flynn etc.
    They will really have their work cut out.

The Mayo News have a good Podcast again for this game, most of the guests are really confident about Mayo it seems, but Declan O' Reilly was far more cautious, I tend to agree with him.

With regard to the team itself, it's probably as strong as you can get, good to see Barrett in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I really am not sure about this game.

there is a lot of talk about Mayo, Darragh o' Se put it well in the IT today, called it "early-week talk"
    The Kerryman had a good piece today about Mayo where they said that it seemed everyone, including themselves, had a "sneaky feeling about Mayo".

A lot of this is based on the good display v Donegal, but Donegal were never the match the Dublin will be.

Dublin have had plenty of time to stew over their failure last year, they are a very good team.
    Mayo will really have to get everything right to beat them, slow down Cluxton, stop Connelly, stop Brogan, Flynn etc.
    They will really have their work cut out.

The Mayo News have a good Podcast again for this game, most of the guests are really confident about Mayo it seems, but Declan O' Reilly was far more cautious, I tend to agree with him.

With regard to the team itself, it's probably as strong as you can get, good to see Barrett in there.

I was more confident early on but now I am getting a little worried as well. However, this is from reading all the crap in the media.

I didn't think Dublin were overly impressive against Fermanagh. People have this steam rolling team in their head with Cluxton banging out these fast balls and that's what people fear. Dublin did this in the league to Mayo.

If Mayo want this game, it is there for them. I really think we need to mix up our game with sometimes going route one and sometimes the short passing game and push up on those kick outs so he does not know where to go with them. We also need to stop Dublin getting an early lead (really important)

We are a better team than last year, so we have a real good chance in this game. It's not going to be easy but if they want it, its there

Yes a lot of the pundits seem to be very positive about Mayo's prospects,there is'nt a murmur out of the Dublin camp and no talk of steamrolling the oppostion as opposed to this time last year.

Dublin are justifiably favourites and an awful lot will have to go right for us to come out on top.

Cluxton's kickouts absolutely destroyed us in 2013 so successfully counteracting the brilliance of same will be a good starting point.Hopefully we'll get a lot of change out of the midfield battle where I believe we have the edge.A lot of the Dublin lads seem to have a preference for starting Kevin McManamon who I do not believe has performed particularly well this year.He's a far more effective impact substitute,so I would'nt be too disappointed to see him start.Hoping he will start instead of Dean Rock whom I seriously rate..good free taker and scoring more from play this year...contributing well in general play.Some of the Dublin lads don't seem to want him to start?

How our full back copes will be key too...getting the match ups right.I've had some amount of nerve wracking days following Mayo teams over the years and it looks like Sunday will be no different as I really have'nt a notion what way it is going to go on Sunday but I can't wait,bring it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes a lot of the pundits seem to be very positive about Mayo's prospects,there is'nt a murmur out of the Dublin camp and no talk of steamrolling the oppostion as opposed to this time last year.

This kind of shyte drives me demented. Point me towards one single "murmur" from last year, where anyone who was officially involved with the Dublin camp, spoke about steamrollering anyone?

They aren't responsible for what the media or keyboard warriors write about them, this year, last year, or any other year !

ProudDUB wrote: »
    This kind of shyte drives me demented. Point me towards one single "murmur" from last year, where anyone who was officially involved with the Dublin camp, spoke about steamrollering anyone?

They aren't responsible for what the media or keyboard warriors write about them, this year, last year, or any other year !

I should have made myself clearer,I was talking about the media in the context of the steamrolling comment NOT the official camp.

It may not have come from the Dublin camp but this time last year the agreed narrative nationwide was that Dublin would steamroll Donegal.

That is far from the case tonight even though little has changed.
    Dublin are still league and Leinster champions, and they are still beating teams out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I should have made myself clearer,I was talking about the media in the context of the steamrolling comment NOT the official camp.

Thanks for clarifying that. For what its worth, I don't think that the media coverage of this year vs last year has any relevance what so ever to Sunday, nor will it be an accurate representation of how either county will play on the day.

Last year, Donegal were woeful in their quarter final against Armagh. Armagh had that game well won, but for the lack of belief and a bit of cuteness in the last 5 minutes of the game. I was there and I was shocked by how rubbish Donegal were, compared to previous years. If I thought that, so did everyone else in the stadium, journalists included, which led to a (mistaken as it turns out) belief that Dublin would beat them easily in the semi final.

That all has zero relevance to this year. Different county. Different players. Different management...so I have no idea why I am even talking about it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Dublin and Mayo have proven they're serious teams. I abhor the talk of over confidence or curses having an influence. Its baseless nonsense.

Edit: I know naming dummy teams is de rigueur these days but why are numbers all wrong for Mayo? Was AOS wearing 11 last day too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yeah AOS has had 11 throughout championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

corny wrote: »
    Dublin and Mayo have proven they're serious teams. I abhor the talk of over confidence or curses having an influence. Its baseless nonsense.

Edit: I know naming dummy teams is de rigueur these days but why are numbers all wrong for Mayo? Was AOS wearing 11 last day too?

Where are you going with your "abhor" and "de rigueur". The "I think I'm posh, and want to show this by using intellectual words" thread is over in the English/Latin forum.

When you're on the Mayo forum, you need to know words like yerra or sangwich or Enda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Where are you going with your "abhor" and "de rigueur". The "I think I'm posh, and want to show this by using intellectual words" thread is over in the English/Latin forum.

When you're on the Mayo forum, you need to know words like yerra or sangwich or Enda.

There's an English/Latin forum eh? How very cromulent indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Armagh had that game well won, but for the lack of belief and a bit of cuteness in the last 5 minutes of the game. I was there.

Armagh were a point up coming into the final stages. Well won my arse.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

4 days out from the biggest game so far this yr and there's a row over a word( which I never heard of before to be honest) let's get back to the football and leave this sh1te behind.

D o conner is not in a good way after his friend died in the car cash at the weekend I wounder will it promt a change I hope not as I see him as being as good as the the brother if not better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't think anyone wants to say too much naughto, it's a new type of game this year.

TBH we are fairly sick of losing games and being told you were too Cockey afterwards regardless, its standard stuff from largely country journalists that are part of the "Dublin based Media" (evening herald aside) when it suits them to be first to call BS on their own BS when we are beaten.

Our counties are similar in that way, there is a ready made excuse that gets thrown out there by people who watch little football every time Mayo lose, yet it all comes down to about 50 men and what they think and how they perform on the day.

nothing to do with fans, curses etc, or who has the most fair weather fans out there, on that it would appear that Dublin and Mayo have the most fair weather fans too, and possibly the most regular fans as I'm sure the two graphs would track each other and both counties bought their fill allocation of season tickets.

I would largely agree with seligehgits take on the game WRT how Dublin line up and who is in form.

The main reason there is such turmoil over selection is AOS imo. If we were playing Cork or Kerry tomorrow our team would be very settled. Because of AOS we are talking about dropping someone back to mark him.

the closer it gets to the game the more i think that Dublin will start a very similar team to the one that lined out the last day. I don't think we will drop a forward to mark AOS. I think there is as much chance the Mayo might drop one to mark Brogan. Gavin has never done anything like that before in
    a big game with the exception sticking Cullen in the half forward line against Cork to win more ball breaking from O'Connor.

My thinking is that there will be a tactical approach to marking AOS, and some of that approach will be to outscore rather than contain.

I still think this could be Ciaran Kilkennys year to made a real name for himself, he did well against Mayo when he was a nipper, he's bulked up a lot since. So overall as stated before the half backs and half forwards will have a huge say

naughto wrote: »
    4 days out from the biggest game so far this yr and there's a row over a word( which I never heard of before to be honest) let's get back to the football and leave this sh1te behind.

D o conner is not in a good way after his friend died in the car cash at the weekend I wounder will it promt a change I hope not as I see him as being as good as the the brother if not better.

It's certainly going to be tough on him.
    He has had a great year.

Sorry about that. Its those D4 bastards on the rugby forum learning me new words!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

martyos121 wrote: »
    Good stuff, looks like they're going with the sweepers again.

didnt that back fire spectacularly last year in the drawn semi against Kerry and it was only when Mayo went down to 14, that they abandoned it and went for it and should have won the game?

not sure its a good tactic against Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

I don't think the team will line out as planned. Great decision springing BM from the bench from the start of the Donegal game because we needed to protect in front of Murphy. Don't think that is the case with Dublin. Cant see them launching high balls into our FB line. They will be more direct running and with the likes of Kilkenny, Brogan and Flynn they will take there scores from 40+ yards out. We all now BM is not nimble enough in them kind of situations. In my opinion one of two things will happen:
    1. A different team will line out with no BM
    2. We use him as a third midfielder with TP and SOS to effectively dominate the midfield sector from the off and force Cluxton into short kickouts and making them build from the back which as you can see last weekend on a wet day it will lead to spillages of the ball and with the way we can win turnovers will suit us. Last weekend the keepers had a horrid time at short kickouts. We seen Sligo do it this year in the Connacht final as well and we got a good return out of it. On the plus side it gives us an extra man for Clarke to aim for in midfield for his kickouts.

Anyone agree with me or what are the thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayopanda84

I agree that the team wont line out the way it is at the moment. However we cannot afford to allow cluxton take short kick outs, if this happens the game will be over by half time has the dublin half back line are a lot better then kerry and tyrone and they will not concede possesion to easily. we need to put pressure on cluxtons kickouts and try and force him to kick long so that we have a 50-50 chance of winnning them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Ascii wrote: »
    I don't think the team will line out as planned. Great decision springing BM from the bench from the start of the Donegal game because we needed to protect in front of Murphy. Don't think that is the case with Dublin. Cant see them launching high balls into our FB line. They will be more direct running and with the likes of Kilkenny, Brogan and Flynn they will take there scores from 40+ yards out. We all now BM is not nimble enough in them kind of situations. In my opinion one of two things will happen:
    2. We use him as a third midfielder with TP and SOS to effectively dominate the midfield sector from the off and force Cluxton into short kickouts and making them build from the back which as you can see last weekend on a wet day it will lead to spillages of the ball and with the way we can win turnovers will suit us. Last weekend the keepers had a horrid time at short kickouts. We seen Sligo do it this year in the Connacht final as well and we got a good return out of it. On the plus side it gives us an extra man for Clarke to aim for in midfield for his kickouts.

Yeah I'd agree with you. If Moran starts, there isn't a Michael Murphy type player for him to keep an eye on, so he will probably be played around the middle.
    We will definitely utilise another sweeper if it isn't Barry. It will be interesting to see who gets the nod, Cunniffe might be given the task - apparently he is doing well in training.

2. We use him as a third midfielder with TP and SOS to effectively dominate the midfield sector from the off and force Cluxton into short kickouts and making them build from the back which as you can see last weekend on a wet day it will lead to spillages of the ball and with the way we can win turnovers will suit us.

Adding a third midfielder doesn't guarantee midfield dominance though. Cluxton rarely hoofs the ball up the middle allowing an even contest so they might be made redundant. Happened to Aidan and Seamus O Se 2 year ago.

More often Dublin work an option using the pace they have in the middle third. No team has proven very effective in stopping them either. As Tomas O Se says regularly, Kerry put a lot into countering Cluxton. I don't know the stats but to my eye they don't get huge reward for it.

Get the feeling both sides will have worked on this kickout stuff tirelessly though. Whoever succeeds will probably have the decisive edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭statto25

Great little buildup video by Elverys.

statto25 wrote: »

Its brilliant (not that I'm biased at all :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

corny wrote: »
    Adding a third midfielder doesn't guarantee midfield dominance though. Cluxton rarely hoofs the ball up the middle allowing an even contest so they might be made redundant. Happened to Aidan and Seamus O Se 2 year ago.

More often Dublin work an option using the pace they have in the middle third. No team has proven very effective in stopping them either. As Tomas O Se says regularly, Kerry put a lot into countering Cluxton. I don't know the stats but to my eye they don't get huge reward for it.

Get the feeling both sides will have worked on this kickout stuff tirelessly though. Whoever succeeds will probably have the decisive edge.

At the very least we have more athleticism in midfield this time around, Tom Parsons will run from line to line all day if he must, no need to worry about AOS being dragged all over the field. Dublin have not met a team this year who are as good as pressing high up the field as Mayo are. So if we can dominate the defensive side of the kick outs and keep the Dublin half-backs from creating too much space then we have a good chance of nullifying the Cluxton threat somewhat. Arguably he's not as good as kicking long as he was two years ago. We shall see. The Dublin players higher up the field though are quick and are so regularly ahead of the play that we must be at 100% sharpness. The forwards must be economical as Keegan, Vaughan etc will have their hands full and won't be able to bomb forward as they have done all year. I think that's what contributed to our downfall two years ago, forwards didn't score from play and we didn't have the HBs to fall back on.

Mayo can win this but must defend like never before. Two or more goals for Dublin and it's hard to see us pulling through. You simply have to score so much to keep them at bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Yeah I'd agree with you. If Moran starts, there isn't a Michael Murphy type player for him to keep an eye on, so he will probably be played around the middle.
    We will definitely utilise another sweeper if it isn't Barry. It will be interesting to see who gets the nod, Cunniffe might be given the task - apparently he is doing well in training.
    Turbo might be doing well in training but he sure as he'll not doing it match day he has being well below par this yr and I don't expect to see him until the last 10/ 15 mins to be honest.

We can't let them have the short kick outs and we can't let then kick long only one thing for it then get oshea to burry him in to the goal like in the Fermanagh game to see if we can rattle him a bit

• Advertisement

There has been a tendency for there to be match day changes.Can't disagree with the logic behind your post.There certainly will be a greater emphasis on a running game with the undoubted athleticism of this Dublin team.Their ability to kick points from distance is a huge threat.

Whilst there is no Kieran Donaghy like player on the Dublin team it would be surprising if they were not to mix it up as we are likely to endeavour.I am sure there will be some attempt to target the perceived weakness in our full back line with some high balls,I seem to recall that Bernard Brogan's opening goal in 2013 that brought Dublin back into the contest came from such a route.Barry Moran may still be needed to sweep in such a context but his lack of mobility will be a greater hindrance than it was against a less mobile Donegal inside line.

TBH I think Barry will start and perform quite a similar role as the last day out as we try to get a stranglehold in the middle.Tom Parsons is less likely to run out of steam as opposed to poor Aidan O Shea who was run ragged by Cluxton's kick outs in 2013.

One thought from the 2013 final on that hot day was that we ran out of steam earlier than the Dubs.We put so much into the first half for a measly lead when we shot some awful wides.We could't sustain that level of intensity in the second half........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

statto25 wrote: »

**** I wish it was Sunday now!

Conceding short kickouts to Cluxton is madness, it instantly hands control to him.

We have seen before that Cluxton can get a bit vexed if things don't go his way, remembered the league game in 2014 ?.

What they need to do is harass him on every kickout.
    Not like BJK kicking the ball off the tee or anything, but try to do something to slow him down, and that could be the breaking of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

God forbid a Mayo player would stoop to BJK depths. McLoughlin depths should suffice anyway!

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/vine-stephen-cluxton-red-card-incident/

keane2097 wrote: »
    God forbid a Mayo player would stoop to BJK depths. McLoughlin depths should suffice anyway!

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/vine-stephen-cluxton-red-card-incident/

I was talking about doing it all game long, not just the once as BJK did, you would never get away with it all game long.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement