Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

so who do we want to win on sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Kerry please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not an overly emotional guy but it put the hairs on the back of my neck standing hearing The Green and Red of Mayo at full time on Sunday,nearly shed a tear.

Here you go! - http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/809/470232/

No matter what happens in the final we'll still have some good memories from this year.

irishgeo wrote: »
    so who do we want to win on sunday?

Based on performances this year I'd be more confident of beating Kerry in the final, however the winner of Sunday's match will be a formidable opponent. A lot has been made of Dublin's fitness and the question stills remains to be answered if they've peaked too early. My money would be on Dublin to win, they've shown more tenacity this year and have been far more clinical in dispatching of teams while Kerry seem to have limped through the year so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Want Kerry to win. We owe them some payback.......
    Think they have a good chance catching the Dubs on the hop,especially with the team that has been namef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

1256500_1375174159382458_1768704968_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Without trying to be cockey or ludicrous, I think that if we get kerry in the final we may possibly annhiilate them as I reckon Mayo would have the will power and motivation to play 78 minutes flat and destroy them in the way they destroyed us in other years. Now I know they should have the motivation to do that no matter who they're against but fact of the matter is that mayo and kerry do have history and I know a lot of people would like to see that history truely put into the past! Here's to hope anyway :)

Realistically I think we will face Dublin though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

tacofries wrote: »
    Without trying to be cockey or ludicrous, I think that if we get kerry in the final we may possibly annhiilate them as I reckon Mayo would have the will power and motivation to play 78 minutes flat and destroy them in the way they destroyed us in other years. Now I know they should have the motivation to do that no matter who they're against but fact of the matter is that mayo and kerry do have history and I know a lot of people would like to see that history truely put into the past! Here's to hope anyway :)

Realistically I think we will face Dublin though!

8 minutes injury time? Are you expecting Donal Vaughan to snap Gooch's arm in half or something?

can never be sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Syferus wrote: »
    8 minutes injury time? Are you expecting Donal Vaughan to snap Gooch's arm in half or something?

4 mins injury time in the first half and 4 in the second!

• Advertisement

statement from mayo gaa today:

Cáirde Mhaigheo Season Ticket Holders - All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Distribution of All Ireland Final Tickets for 2013 to Cairde Mhaigh Eo Members will take place at Elverys MacHale Park on Saturday the 7th of September 2013.

Cairde Mhaigh Eo 2013 membership entitles each member to one stand ticket for the All Ireland Final at a cost of €80.00. Membership of Cairde Mhaigh Eo for 2014 will be available to existing members on the day. Existing Cairde Mhaigh Eo members who sign up for 2014 (Cost €200.00) on the day will be entitled to purchase an additional All Ireland Stand ticket at a cost of €80.00. The total cost of this package is €360.00, €200.00 Cairde Membership and €80.00 for each stand ticket.

Hours of opening will be 10.30 - 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 6.00pm. (Closed for Lunch)
    Tickets will be distributed to Cairde Members in the meeting room underneath the main stand at the Davitt House end.
    Directions as follows;
    Enter the ground at the main gate to the right of An Sporlann and follow directions underneath the back of the stand.
    Orders will be processed in Alphabetical Order grouped by Surname. You will be briefed on entry to the ground.

We will accept Cash/Cheque/Debit-Credit Card.

In order to have your allocation processed efficiently please insure that you bring your Cairde Mhaigh Eo members card with you. We would also advise that you should bring your Driving License or Passport with you.

Cairde Mhaigh Eo members who cannot be identified by way of card or identification or by a member of the board will not receive their All Ireland ticket(s) on the day.
    Officers of the Mayo County Board will also be in attendance to assist on the day.

We look forward to seeing you on the day.

Coiste Chontae Mhaigh Eo.

Heard this on the supporters bus a week ago but didnt think it could be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Good that they are looking after the Cairde ticket holders with possibility of a second ticket Think there will be big signing up for 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Bargain 360e :eek:

Fowler87 wrote: »

If you were going to sign up for next year anyway then it's a good deal.

2014 membership €200 + two All-Ireland tickets €160 = €360

Also you can knock €80 off it as you don't need two seats, unless you're obese.

Will probably go for it myself

Does anyone know if the tickets will be in 306/307 ?

I would say it is a bargain Its the All Ireland final

I would say it is a bargain Its the All Ireland final

Suppose if ya were on that cairde maigheo its good in that ya get the chance to get an extra ticket. But in comparison to the gaa season ticket its expensive imo

Suppose if ya were on that cairde maigheo its good in that ya get the chance to get an extra ticket. But in comparison to the gaa season ticket its expensive imo

It nearly pays for itself if you make use of it!

League/club games free.
    1st round of championship free, €5 off all other championship games, free Cairde jacket if it's your first year and of course being guaranteed a golden ticket!
    It's also paying into a good cause.

ColeTrain wrote: »

League/club games free.
    1st round of championship free, €5 off all other championship games, free Cairde jacket if it's your first year and of course being guaranteed a golden ticket!
    And vouchers for Elverys Havent directly compared to the Gaa season ticket but is definitely unreal value if you use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Clare hurling supporter here with 2 premium tickets for the football final to swap for 2 premium tickets for the hurling final if anyone is interested. Swaps only - not interested in selling them.

• Advertisement

ColeTrain wrote: »

League/club games free.
    Does that include a free county draw ticket? If then it isn't overly expensive as ya pay 100e for that draw anyhow. But all the things you mentioned you get with the gaa seasonticket (70e) other than the jacket and free club games (only be going to my own anyhow if not playing). Just my IMO but I think its expensive but it does reward our county teams so thats another benefit I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Personally think the season ticket is amazing value,quite surprised the figures for the number of season ticket holders acquiring All Ireland tickets is not higher...
    All-Ireland ticket breakdown for 2011
    Season tickets: 1,884

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭neiphin

Does that include a free county draw ticket? If then it isn't overly expensive as ya pay 100e for that draw anyhow. But all the things you mentioned you get with the gaa seasonticket (70e) other than the jacket and free club games (only be going to my own anyhow if not playing). Just my IMO but I think its expensive but it does reward our county teams so thats another benefit I suppose.
    i dont think that ticket guarantees you an opertunity to buy ticket for A.I.
    i could be wrong, but i dont think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

As posted above the Cairde ticket also gives the opportunity to bag two tickets together for the all Ireland final if you renew - the GAA ticket only gives you one. Also the GAA one is conditional on attendance levels during the year, the cairde one is not.

And, of course, the cairde one directly funds the Mayo team, unlike the GAA ticket.

neiphin wrote: »
    i dont think that ticket guarantees you an opertunity to buy ticket for A.I.
    i could be wrong, but i dont think so

Guarentees a ticket as long as you have 60%+ attendance throughout league and championship.

As posted above the Cairde ticket also gives the opportunity to bag two tickets together for the all Ireland final if you renew - the GAA ticket only gives you one. Also the GAA one is conditional on attendance levels during the year, the cairde one is not.

And, of course, the cairde one directly funds the Mayo team, unlike the GAA ticket.
    In fairness for 200e each anyone who purchases a cairde maigheo will/should attend most of the Mayo games. Paid 140e for both myself and my auld lad seasonticket and both of us got 80%+ attendance between league and championship so in that regard we're guarenteed AI tickets anyhow. Saving 60e minimum and 260 maximum if both of us purchased cairde maigheo (regardless of the extra AI ticket allocation).

Like I said I can see the benefit for supporting our county teams but funding (certain) members of the county board I don't agree with so the value remains with gaa season ticket IMO.

Either way they're both good schemes considering the ridiculous allocation for tickets for AI's

• Advertisement

So it's going to be Tyrone in the minors, fell confident enough we can take them provided we keep going for the 60 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭naughto

padd b1975 wrote: »
    So it's going to be Tyrone in the minors, fell confident enough we can take them provided we keep going for the 60 minutes.
    tyrone where very poor in the 1st half,they are there for the taking if you ask me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Rossies will be kicking themselves for letting that one go. Tyrone were there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Ros won enough primary possession today to win two games. They should have been out of sight. Tyrone have finished their last two games strongly so we need to take our chances if we get them earlier on. Tyrone look beatable though and got cleaned in midfield all day.

A misfiring Dublin dispatched Kerry's performance of the season. Hopefully they will continue to misfire or it could be another disappointing day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

A misfiring Dublin dispatched Kerry's performance of the season. Hopefully they will continue to misfire or it could be another disappointing day.

It should be a great game of football if both teams show up. Tough one to call.

It is going to take a monumental performance by our lads to beat Dublin.

seligehgit wrote: »
    It is going to take a monumental performance by our lads to beat Dublin.

Well, nobody is handed an AI, have to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

Ros won enough primary possession today to win two games. They should have been out of sight. Tyrone have finished their last two games strongly so we need to take our chances if we get them earlier on. Tyrone look beatable though and got cleaned in midfield all day.

Except the last 10 minutes where the game was won in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Like all finals it will be tough to call, nothing between the teams and certainly nothing for Mayo to be afraid of, they are more than capable of beating Dublin. They are the two best teams in the country, the build up will be something else

My heart says Mayo, but we'll have to raise our game 100% from Tyrone if we are to win, cannot afford a start like last year, Dublin simply have too much firepower. Dublin have problems though and they are certainly beatable, the scoreline at the end flattered them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

mayo.mick wrote: »
    WJ is very confident for a Mayo double on the 22nd :)

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1577567-all-ireland-semi-final-audio-report#t=0m1s

LOL I think he has been on the beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Mayo for Sam, they will beat the Dubs no doubt about it.

I for one am a lot more confident at the prospect of facing the Dubs this year than I was last.

Don't think they have improved as much as we have in the past year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I for one am a lot more confident at the prospect of facing the Dubs this year than I was last.

Don't think they have improved as much as we have in the past year or so.

They were a more solid outfit last year. You knew what you were up against with them.

This year they are abysmal at the back but no team in country can be confident of holding their attacking game.

Where that leaves them against Mayo is anyones guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Can finally come on here now and wish ya'll the best for the final.

I have Mayo relatives so the banter will be mighty! :P

Of course I want Dublin to win but would not begrudge Mayo a title at all.

Should be some game. You won't run out of steam like Kerry did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Don't think they have improved as much as we have in the past year or so

Oh I see..... I'll just leave this here so.

Allianz Football League Roinn 1 2013 Round 3 (Saturday March 2nd, 2013 - Croke Park)

Dublin 2-14 Mayo 0-16

Allianz Football League Roinn 1 2013 Semi Final (Sunday April 14th, 2013 - Croke Park)

Dublin 2-16 Mayo 0-16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,842 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Mayo will beat Dublin in Croker - simple as.
    I won't hear of any further analysis.

corny wrote: »
    They were a more solid outfit last year. You knew what you were up against with them.

This year they are abysmal at the back but no team in country can be confident of holding their attacking game.

Where that leaves them against Mayo is anyones guess!
    Yes but their philosophy which thus far has self evidently been successful is that we'll score more than you no matter how much our defence concedes.They are definitely an improved outfit on last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,464 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mayo do not have the same quality of forwards as Kerry, no Mayo players are going to run at Dublin like JOD and Darran o Sullivan did today.
    But Mayo have a better set of backs than Kerry so they will not be giving Dublin as much space as they got today.

Again it may come down to kickouts, put pressure on Dublin kick outs and force Cluxton to kick to midfiled. There Mayo have an adavantage with the likes of AOS
    Plus unlike Kerry, Mayo will have 70+ minutes in them fittness wise and a good bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

STB wrote: »
    Oh I see..... I'll just leave this here so.

Allianz Football League Roinn 1 2013 Round 3 (Saturday March 2nd, 2013 - Croke Park)

Dublin 2-14 Mayo 0-16

Allianz Football League Roinn 1 2013 Semi Final (Sunday April 14th, 2013 - Croke Park)

Dublin 2-16 Mayo 0-16

Going by that flawed logic Tyrone should have beaten Mayo in the semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Going by that flawed logic Tyrone should have beaten Mayo in the semi.

My response was to a flawed statement that Mayo have improved more over the last year than Dublin.

Whats flawed about my logic ? Dublin have beaten Mayo twice this year in Croke Park.

They also beat Tyrone in the League Final this year.

Infact Dublin have lost only 1 of their 12 games this year (and that was by a point in Round 5 of the League).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

The Mayo team I remember could never rise to the occasion on All-Ireland Final day. They had some deep psychological inability to win, collapsing when the chances were thrown at them. The Meath-Mayo match years back was the worst example of this cultural trait.

Has the current Mayo team got the mentality to win?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

kippy wrote: »
    Mayo will beat Dublin in Croker - simple as.
    I won't hear of any further analysis.

I hope not. Sure there won't be a single guard directing/blocking traffic or primary school teacher on duty the next day. Mind you Ryanair will be delighted as all the Mayo people delay their flight home to London & Birmingham. How many All Irelands have ye lost now. Keep dreaming boy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement