Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reardens Pub ,(Havana night club)

Options
  • 09-07-2011 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Good evening folks,
    I have a problem.

I`m one Italian guy I`m not drinking, smoking, and take any drugs, can you tell me why every time I try to go to the Havana Browns night club ( entrance from the pub) the security guys (always the same one) don`t let me to coming inside??
    For him I`m look always drunk.

So What I can do?? Should I bring a certificate for the doctor for going out?
    I think is not fair at all.
    I`m working in this country for more than 5 years right now.
    Any advise please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'm afraid that's just the way these bouncers are, Any excuse to be ignorant..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tangoku

@charlemont thanks to reply, I know this is the way but is wrong. So I`m working every days one day I want go to dancing and for this reason I cannot enjoy my days off.
    Is very annoying trust me. But the best if I go from the second door (nightclub entrance) I do not have any problem, but if I want go from the otherside I`m "drunk"
    I`m working in the hotel ospitality and I know sometimes is very difficult to dealing with the drunk person but if I`m not drinking why I should have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Phone during the day and ask to speak to the Manager. Make an appointment to see him face to face and explain your problem.

Personally speaking though, there's much better clubs - you're not missing out on much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Well OP if you look like your anything but Irish they do'nt seem to let them in nightclubs here, it's the same around my area, I have never once seen a "foreigner" in an Irish nightclub.

I presume in other places in Ireland they are not as ignorant and racist and happily allow them into the clubs, seems some bouncers here get a kick out of humiliating people.

Have you tried any other clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Believe me its not you, Its the bouncers problem, You see some bouncers here in Ireland just randomly stop people they think they can intimidate.

• Advertisement

Well OP if you look like your anything but Irish they do'nt seem to let them in nightclubs here, it's the same around my area, I have never once seen a "foreigner" in an Irish nightclub.

I presume in other places in Ireland they are not as ignorant and racist and happily allow them into the clubs, seems some bouncers here get a kick out of humiliating people.

Have you tried any other clubs?

Plenty of foreign folk in HBs, perhaps you should refrain from talking out your arse.

Owen wrote: »
    Phone during the day and ask to speak to the Manager
    I will do for sure because for me is a form of racist.
    I do not have any problem in different clubs, only in this one and with this guy.
    Last time I tried to speak and ask why, is the third time you told me I`m drunk, and this guy told me, go way you are drunk.

So this is a bouncers problem of course but is mine as well because is not polite and even correct speak with somebody like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cillerz

Personally speaking though, there's much better clubs - you're not missing out on much.

Where would you recommend?? Been to Classic, Gorbys, Cubins, Liquid Lounge, Havanas and the Savoy. I'd live if I never went back to any of them. Bailey is my favourite spot.

Keep in mind I'm 19 :p

RoverJames wrote: »
    Plenty of foreign folk in HBs, perhaps you should refrain from talking out your arse.
    Perhaps you should learn English!

"talking out your arse" what does this mean?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

RoverJames wrote: »

in fairness, he may be talking out of his arse, but he hasn't met a foreigner in a club that he goes to. long way from kildare to washington street.

OP, befriend a nurse or a doctor, they used to get in there for free, maybe still do. you really don't want to pay for that place.
    try the savoy maybe?

• Advertisement

I do not want talking out of his arse( think I understood the meaning) and I do not want fight because is not in my nature.
    Of course I can try Savoy or different club ( and sometimes I go there) but why in the Havana I need to have this problem?
    The problem as well if I`m going with my friends , maybe we cannot going inside only because of me, I think this is completely wrong. The manager should now the bouncers sometimes are so unpolite

can you not try from the front door anymore??
    you could go into the pub for an hour or so before going upstairs avoiding the queue outside?

didn't mean you or the bouncer talking out of his arse!! completely separate.

you could go into the pub for an hour or so before going upstairs avoiding the queue outside?

didn't mean you or the bouncer talking out of his arse!! completely separate.

Whatever floats your boat...:pac:

you could go into the pub for an hour
    this is what I want to do.
    I can go from the entrance for the nightclub(in front of cubins I guess) but I cannot go to the bar(where all taxies are parked)

You know my friend want to drink before dancing , but me I need to go somewhere or going to the Havana at 23.00 pm (when is empty) because I`m not able to go to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

tangoku wrote: »
    Good evening folks,
    I have a problem.

I`m one Italian guy I`m not drinking, smoking, and take any drugs, can you tell me why every time I try to go to the Havana Browns night club ( entrance from the pub) the security guys (always the same one) don`t let me to coming inside??
    For him I`m look always drunk.

So What I can do?? Should I bring a certificate for the doctor for going out?
    I think is not fair at all.
    I`m working in this country for more than 5 years right now.
    Any advise please?

To be honest OP, it's a **** hole anyway but I understand your dilemma because I'd think most of your friends are probably going there. I had the same problem when I moved to Cork first. Culdn't get in anywhere. Best option is to go into Reardens and go into Havana's from there. Cork bouncers are notorious for their "pickiness" (i.e. they're c**ts).

Even better option would be to try The Bodega, The Savoy or The Pav (best spot by a mile). Depends what ur music tastes are I suppose, if you really want to go to a club I suppose.....

Good luck :)

stage an accident right outside the front door then.
    the gardai will come along and breathalyse you, and find that you are sober. make sure the bouncer sees you smiling as you are told the negative result, then wander up and straight on in.

otherwise, all you can do is contact management about that one bouncer. the last thing that a place wants is a racial discrimination story over it. while the bouncer may or may not be racist, you do hold those cards.

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    To be honest OP, it's a **** hole anyway but I Best option is to go into Reardens
    thanks I didn`t remember the name.
    The problem is in front of the gate of this pub, the Reardens.(Thought is the same with Havana Browns)

@ballsymchugh Can I call the garda in this case?
    Because last night I was thinking about this solution

The problem is in front of the gate of this pub, the Reardens.(Thought is the same with Havana Browns)

not my area of expertise. i don't drink either, and spent 5 years going about with that kinda shyte in cork. at least fast eddies is gone now, but i think the feckers there had something to do with tribes.
    a good few times they told me to go have a coffee and sober up a little bit before trying again.
    speak to management first though. at that time of the night the garda really do have a lot more important stuff to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

The Havana brownes bouncers strike again. Theyre just a bunch of jumped up gob****es. My Havana brownes days are long gone thank god. I used to go there all the time on a friday or sat night for years. Then all of a sudden I started getting hassle going in there from the bouncers. One of them had the neck to say regulars only to me one night !!!
    I was never in any trouble in there, Im a lover not a fighter :), theyre just a bunch of jumped up power junkies who don't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to security or public relations.

OP take your hard earned money elsewhere and enjoy your night out in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Most bouncers are @rseholes. Once you understand this, you understand everything. I used to go to Shandra's when I was younger. The bouncers would stop a lot of males in order to show off to the women so they could get in their knickers. It's an Irish thing mixed with a simian "law of the jungle" pecking order sort of thing. I've been to other countries and I've never seen bouncers stopping people for no reason yet you come back to this country and they'll stop you if you've got the wrong colour shoelaces.
    Most bouncers bring trouble on themselves. I've got a theory about them: I reckon when they were going to school they were the bullying kind. School finished and they felt bereft of their neanderthal status. What's the next best thing? Become a bouncer. Problem solved. They become the closest thing to The Missing Link and are free to bully again to their hearts' content.

The bouncers outside of Cubins are a law unto themselves. One of them tried to stop me one night because he said I was wearing runners. I told him to go fcuk himself. Thankfully I happened to know one of the other bouncers who let me in. The look on that jumped-up little shít's face was priceless. :D

• Advertisement

One of them tried to stop me one night because he said I was wearing runners.
    In Malaga one time I had a same problem with the runners because of the dancefloor. Some locals in Spain are strictly in this case,But never had problem for my face.:)

Maybe because my skin is brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Forget about the place man...It's average at best. It has an extremely overrated view of itself. Most people end up there because it's where everyone else ends up going...

I've two suggestions; go to Mc Curtain Street and work your way back to town or go to the bus station and go up Oliver Plunkett St, taking in all the diff pubs on the street and the side streets till you reach Reardens (drunk) and tell em (the bouncers) to go f**k themselves cause you've had a great night... :-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Most bouncers are @rseholes. Once you understand this, you understand everything. I used to go to Shandra's when I was younger.

Christ I havent heard that name in years. Delacey house and spiders after that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Cillerz wrote: »
    Where would you recommend?? Been to Classic, Gorbys, Cubins, Liquid Lounge, Havanas and the Savoy. I'd live if I never went back to any of them. Bailey is my favourite spot.

Keep in mind I'm 19 :p

love that place........or the brog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

stage an accident right outside the front door then.
    the gardai will come along and breathalyse you, and find that you are sober. make sure the bouncer sees you smiling as you are told the negative result, then wander up and straight on in

Please don't OP, the Gardaí have enough time wasters on their hands as it is without people following advice like this.

Please don't OP, the Gardaí have enough time wasters on their hands as it is without people following advice like this.

do you honestly think that was a serous answer??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Buy one of these:

http://www.alcosense.ie/

Bring it with you & the next time you are turned away for being drunk offer to do a breathalyser test there & then!

On a more serious note, you should ask to see the manager, preferably during the day. If the management are any way clever they will act swiftly to resolve. Discrimination is very serious. Try to get some re-assurance that you will not be refused in future & ask how they can guarantee that. This is of course if it means a lot to you to get in there, otherwise go somewhere else that will be appreciative of your business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

i went to school with one of the bouncers on the back door!he was a year BEHIND me.we both know eachother to see and often chat about our schooldays.yet everytime i go up to the door(sober or steaming) he asks me for ID.a fairly sound guy until infected wit the disease that is HBs

OP fcuk um and take your business elsewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

do you honestly think that was a serous answer??

Of course he didn't, but the OP may have. He's not a native english speaker and may not pick up on "sarcasim" or the "humour" in some of these posts! (which seems like it could be happening...)

OP, the best advice was to just go speak to the manager during the day, if you really are that determined to go into havanas from the one particular entrance.

• Advertisement

babo9 wrote: »
    Of course he didn't, but the OP may have. He's

the best advice was to just go speak to the manager during the
    I sent an email to him waiting for reply, otherwise next week when I have off I will try to speak with him during the morning if is possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement